GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• Leo_King84
    Leo_King84 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Somebody used to doing sets of 10-12 who is now doing committed sets of 1-3 will likely not know exactly what weight to use, so the ramp up period is expected the first few workouts.

Leaps of 10kg at a time is a tad bit risky, but so long as form is strictly maintained, I don't see why not. The main reason to recommend against it is for people who actually are close to 1RM, the form breaks down and invites injury, but in Leo's case he's not actually at (or necessarily even near) his 1RM, so with the room to spare he's good to continue. The 1RM he's recording above are paper maxes, not actual maxes; he'll discover his true max soon enough, at which point he'll beg for 1kg improvements at a time and miss the days of 10kg jumps! lol

That day may come sooner than I thought. When I was doing bench press today I felt a slight twinge in my shoulder, but coz I'm a bellend I just pushed through it. Been fine all day but the last few hours... feels pretty tender.

Lesson learned.
  • 95km90
    95km90 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Today was chest day, I did 14kg dumbells per arm for incline chest press it sure is an achievement for me after a chronic elbow injury, hopefully working my way back to what I used to lift. 🥲
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    95km90 wrote: »
    Today was chest day, I did 14kg dumbells per arm for incline chest press it sure is an achievement for me after a chronic elbow injury, hopefully working my way back to what I used to lift. 🥲

I can empathize with this. Hope you find a solution that lasts for ya.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,089 Member
    Options
    Uh oh... Sounds like someone might be gravity falling onto the toilet today! Haha

The gravity fall isn't the problem...it's the uphill climb off...
  • 95km90
    95km90 Posts: 45 Member
    Options

Thank you! Can’t wait to get back into lifting heavy again, injuries feel like a heartbreak for a lifter lol

• J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    After years and years of the same routine, I have built a new routine. It is a more simple, slimmed down workout that hits all the body parts in one session. Let's see how we do.

To everyone else, nice work

8qcqdi1qduzt.jpg

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,562 Member
    Options
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    After years and years of the same routine, I have built a new routine. It is a more simple, slimmed down workout that hits all the body parts in one session. Let's see how we do.

8qcqdi1qduzt.jpg

Looks good Jeremy! Looking forward to hearing how it goes!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options

Thank you! Can’t wait to get back into lifting heavy again, injuries feel like a heartbreak for a lifter lol

Oh lord I feel you on this! Welcome to the thread and congrats!!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    This is currently my routine. Two total Body days. They're a bit long and I find I often want to just skip the accessories, but I figure since I only do two heavy days, I need to push through.
    puq6rjdsxrp5.jpg
  • nossmf
    Options
    @J_NY_Z doing full-body days is great, but your plan calls for four separate full-body days each week. Hitting a given body part more than 3 times per week isn't giving it enough recovery time, IMHO. That's why my program has me lifting four days per week, twice upper body, twice lower body.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    @J_NY_Z doing full-body days is great, but your plan calls for four separate full-body days each week. Hitting a given body part more than 3 times per week isn't giving it enough recovery time, IMHO. That's why my program has me lifting four days per week, twice upper body, twice lower body.

Thank you for the feedback. I am doing a three day a week routine. The fourth day is there so I can mix up the days [Week One, Day 2,3,4 the next week day 1,2 ,3, etc.].

To be fair, I am not lifting really heavy. My goals these days are overall fitness, keeping my range of motion optimal, dealing with arthritis and keeping my weight in check.

My old routine was one body part per day, three days per week. After 10 years of that, I needed a change.
  • Leo_King84
    Leo_King84 Posts: 246 Member
    Options

These guys are worth listening to if you're into gym.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    J_NY_Z wrote: »

8qcqdi1qduzt.jpg

Looks solid J. I hope you enjoy it.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Gotcha, consider them A-B-C-D and rotate between. In that case, you're covering all your bases with a mix of horizontal and vertical pushes and pulls, hitting all sides of the legs, including core and cardio, good to go. My one remaining suggestion is to move any abs work to last in the workout, or at least after all other lifting movements. Stability while lifting prevents injury, and abs work will momentarily reduce stability for any exercise which follows, so moving it to the end helps prevent injury. Do them before or after cardio, that much doesn't matter unless it leaves you gasping for air. (Placing cardio early one day, late another, and between lifts on yet another is...interesting...but if you're not lifting heavy, it probably doesn't make much difference.)
  • kinetixtrainer2
    edited April 26
    Options
    vi4e9wvw2ibt.jpeg
    [img]https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/5a/no9k4wbh svd0.jpeg[/img]
    v72m5ubtop1g.jpeg
    t7pox5ovn0ga.jpeg
    z8gey0cq1ah9.jpeg
    bvbf6dws2jmg.jpeg
    87xn7hvd0hvf.jpeg

This is my new 12 week program. It’s a 6 day push/pull/leg split. It’s an adaptation from my last 12 week program. I’m loving this program so far. My typical rest days are Wednesday and Sunday. So even though it’s written as a 6 day per week split it isn’t. The exercises written as one or two sets of 50 reps are drop sets.

Any body weight exercises are weighted using a chain belt.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    I FREAKING DID IT! I PULLED 315LB!!
    kt7dpgqo6ekr.gif

Nice!!! Congrats.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    kt7dpgqo6ekr.gif

Nice!!! Congrats.

Thank you! 😁😁
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,366 Member
    Options
    kt7dpgqo6ekr.gif

FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!

I did a happy dance for you Sandy (no did not gif it)
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,827 Member
    edited April 26
    Options
    kt7dpgqo6ekr.gif

🔥

eta: finally more GIFs 🤗