GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,563 Member
    Options
    I FREAKING DID IT! I PULLED 315LB!!
    kt7dpgqo6ekr.gif

🔥

eta: finally more GIFs 🤗

Haha well... It's kind of embarrassing being the only one... Hint hint
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,114 Member
    Options
    Sandy, that smile when the bar was up, the way your face lit up as if you were not holding a mountain of iron in your hands at the time, was incredible. Now I really do have to get my 315 bench to match your accomplishment!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Sandy, that smile when the bar was up, the way your face lit up as if you were not holding a mountain of iron in your hands at the time, was incredible. Now I really do have to get my 315 bench to match your accomplishment!

This made me smile so big. Thank you!!

Also... If you want to hear JUST how happy I was... https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMMgJ87eQ/

I sent that voice note to my bestie after I left the gym. Hahaha
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    I FREAKING DID IT! I PULLED 315LB!!

Hells yeah!!

• Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,366 Member
    Options

Also... If you want to hear JUST how happy I was... https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMMgJ87eQ/

Seriously Sandy...that voice message.
    HUGE smile on my face, hearing you like this
  • nossmf
    Options
    Do you need the tiktok app to be able to access that link? I haven't tried since I don't have the app, but now I'm wondering...
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,871 Member
    edited April 29
    Options
    Do you need the tiktok app to be able to access that link? I haven't tried since I don't have the app, but now I'm wondering...
    You do not. I just listened to it from my desktop computer - no tiktok app. And, awesome job, @KickassAmazon76!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    You do not. I just listened to it from my desktop computer - no tiktok app. And, awesome job, @KickassAmazon76!

thank you! :smiley: (and correct, I think it asks you if you want to make an account, but you don't have to - it'll just open it in browser)
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,470 Member
    Options

Awwww I loved your voice note! Congratulations!!!
  • nossmf
    Options
    Yesterday was week 3 of my bench press triplet protocol, where I started doing 10 triples at 60% of 1RM and every week add 5lb. Any week I fail to complete all 10 triples, the following week will have fewer triples to perform. Repeat until I am down to a single triple, then recalculate 1RM and see if it's changed.

Yesterday was at 195, or 66% of 1RM. I was a trifle worried going in that my bad night of sleep would hurt me (good quality, but 4 hours is NOT enough quantity). However, still early enough in the protocol that it didn't hurt, was able to finish all 10 sets easily enough. Later in the workout I hit a brick wall, however, and really had to grind through the abdominal work at the end, lol.
    Options
    I hate that i have been away in the gym for so long with my injury.
    It's hard to get back in the routine, and when i do go to the gym, i am so sore.
    Went monday for bench press and some accessory, and i am still sore.

My current routine is that i started my compound lifts with 60% or 65% and do 4 sets of 8 minimum and when i reached it, i go up 5% next time, but right now, i only manage to workout 2 times a week for only 1 hour.

Also, going away tomorrow for a few day's to one of the islands here and won't be back till wednesday next week.

Things will probably ease up after that as well, workwise, so probably have more time to workout then.
    Gotta get my *kitten* moving again if i want to cut down on the fat. Been staying on same weight for 3 weeks now (which on it's own is impressive, since a year ago i would have gained)
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    It's hard to get back in the routine, and when i do go to the gym, i am so sore.

My current routine is that i started my compound lifts with 60% or 65% and do 4 sets of 8 minimum and when i reached it, i go up 5% next time, but right now, i only manage to workout 2 times a week for only 1 hour.

Also, going away tomorrow for a few day's to one of the islands here and won't be back till wednesday next week.

Things will probably ease up after that as well, workwise, so probably have more time to workout then.
    Gotta get my *kitten* moving again if i want to cut down on the fat. Been staying on same weight for 3 weeks now (which on it's own is impressive, since a year ago i would have gained)

first... congrats on the win of not gaining! Injuries are not only physical, they're mental and it takes a while to overcome that. The good news is that muscle memory will kick in pretty quickly and this will have just been a blip.

Remember, you lift to stay healthy and strong so that you can enjoy life (and feel great in the process). It's ok when life cuts in. Try to enjoy it and don't worry too much. I know you'll get back there regularly once things settle.

As for your trip... The islands? That sounds like it could be a nice getaway. Hopefully it's a time of rest and rejuvenation for you!
    Options

first... congrats on the win of not gaining! Injuries are not only physical, they're mental and it takes a while to overcome that. The good news is that muscle memory will kick in pretty quickly and this will have just been a blip.

Remember, you lift to stay healthy and strong so that you can enjoy life (and feel great in the process). It's ok when life cuts in. Try to enjoy it and don't worry too much. I know you'll get back there regularly once things settle.

As for your trip... The islands? That sounds like it could be a nice getaway. Hopefully it's a time of rest and rejuvenation for you!

Thanks Sandy, i kinda needed to hear this.

As for the trip, yeah it's a time of rest.
    I always love it there, so peacefull, no cars allowed (except residents) and just be in nature
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,138 Member
    Options

Thanks Sandy, i kinda needed to hear this.

As for the trip, yeah it's a time of rest.
    I always love it there, so peacefull, no cars allowed (except residents) and just be in nature

Sandy said it well Gus. All sounds like you’re moving in a positive direction. I hope you enjoy that little getaway.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Ditto.
  • KickassAmazon76
    edited May 2
    Options
    Bench is something I both love and feel frustrated with. It takes so long to see any gains.

That said... I've been working to dial in my form and play around with sets and reps and I feel more solid and stable than ever. I know the gains will come (they already have).

I am learning to be patient and consistent, and know that It's not a linear progression. I am realizing that there are so many factors at play (sleep, water, stress, mindset, distractions), but the biggest factor is never giving up. Trusting the process.

It helps to have a great coach and support group, too!
    This is 4x125lb

7hk3qhe1r7xw.gif
  • nossmf
    Options
    Ye gods, that back arch puts mine to shame!
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,138 Member
    Options
    Bench is something I both love and feel frustrated with. It takes so long to see any gains.

That said... I've been working to dial in my form and play around with sets and reps and I feel more solid and stable than ever. I know the gains will come (they already have).

I am learning to be patient and consistent, and know that It's not a linear progression. I am realizing that there are so many factors at play (sleep, water, stress, mindset, distractions), but the biggest factor is never giving up. Trusting the process.

It helps to have a great coach and support group, too!
    This is 4x125lb

7hk3qhe1r7xw.gif

This looks great Sandy!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Ye gods, that back arch puts mine to shame!

😊😊😊 Mobility work has helped there too!

This looks great Sandy!

Thanks Chris!!
  • nossmf
    Options
    Figured out something useful, which I've known at some level but never fully fleshed the idea out in full before.

If my goal is sets of 10 on bench press, and I warm up to where the working set is the heaviest set, I can get it done but it's a grind.

If instead I keep warming up as if I were going to be doing heavy triples, do a single triple and then immediately back the weight down to my set of 10 level, the remaining sets feel like a breeze compared to what I was just lifting.