GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,539 Member
    These are all so awesome! I came to share my assisted pullups and again I am so in awe of your unassisted ones! Well done. All your lifts look solid and strong. 💪 🔥 🤜 🤛
    zs9084h87fq7.gif
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    buduc9axf22d.jpg
    Fixed it. Basically, I failed my 4th rep on the 5th set of squats. So I dropped the bar, unloaded, re-racked and set up again, and then did 4 more reps to complete the set. Somehow this made sense in my head. I'm not sure what happened...Maybe I lost my balance??? IDK. That drink makes me feel weird.
  • KickassAmazon76
    buduc9axf22d.jpg
    Fixed it. Basically, I failed my 4th rep on the 5th set of squats. So I dropped the bar, unloaded, re-racked and set up again, and then did 4 more reps to complete the set. Somehow this made sense in my head. I'm not sure what happened...Maybe I lost my balance??? IDK. That drink makes me feel weird.

I tried pre-workout a couple times (C4). When I took it, I would get that tingling in my arms and a total body heat... it felt weird but kind of cool. I stopped right after the time I took some and then during my workout my heartrate spiked and no matter what I did, I couldn't settle it down. Breathing, relaxation techniques, nothing worked. I felt like I was having a panic attack.

I went to bed that night and woke up at 3am with chest pain and a racing heartbeat that again I could not get to settle down - took almost an hour to get my heartrate under 110. (I sit around 60 normally). I went back to bed and when I woke up I was so exhausted I couldn't even get up. I was dizzy and disoriented. I went to work and almost passed out three times on the way to my building, couldn't do a single flight of stairs. I was terrified. I went to the doc and they did an ekg and saw some concerning rhythms - so they sent me for a battery of tests. It took me almost two months to feel normal again, and all subsequent tests showed no damage. (Thank God).

But honestly... it scared the hell out of me and I never touched the stuff again. I figure, if I don't have it in me to do the workout, then I need to listen to my body. I'm glad it works for others, but I'm staying away. :tongue:
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    dh74g14i960a.gif

Nice work - 💪
  • KickassAmazon76
    Tied my 5 rep deadlift PR tonight. 😊
    250lbs
    wovjfury0mvg.gif

Also did OHP 5x5@73lb...which is more than I've done sitting but I think standing is easier.

Also... I was working on my form so my left shoulder doesn't drop.. Until I realized that I wear my watch on my left side... So I should actually be working on my RIGHT shoulder! 😂 That makes more sense to me since I'm left handed and have hurt my rt shoulder many times from ball.

v33m58kpzjbb.gif
  • dsc84
    dsc84 Posts: 208 Member
    You all are killing it.

I've been out of the gym for a couple of weeks to reduce COVID risk for a trip next week, but now that I've been cleared/tested, I'm chomping at the bit. Thank you all for sharing. In a weird way knowing others are out there killing it, makes it easier to stay out of the gym for the short period I have to. Will be going hard when I get back and I'm sure there will be some GIF's to follow :smile:
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,081 Member
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    2n7nr5e24gah.gif

165x5 - 15 away from body weight - it’s sad my bench is almost as much as my squat 🤦‍♂️

Good lift. You’re getting stronger!
  • KickassAmazon76
    2n7nr5e24gah.gif

165x5 - 15 away from body weight - it’s sad my bench is almost as much as my squat 🤦‍♂️

Damn! That's awesome! And I wish my bench was that close to mine! Hah
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    2n7nr5e24gah.gif

2n7nr5e24gah.gif

Thanks - I’m. stalling on all
    My lifts right now - I’ve been doing the 5x5 since Jan -In June I think I’m going to start that work out we’re doing last year Chris - take a break from strength and work on hypertrophy
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,081 Member
    2n7nr5e24gah.gif

2n7nr5e24gah.gif

Thanks - I’m. stalling on all
    My lifts right now - I’ve been doing the 5x5 since Jan -In June I think I’m going to start that work out we’re doing last year Chris - take a break from strength and work on hypertrophy

I’ve switched mine back up to a volume routine as well.
  • DancingMoosie
    5xhs81xoxust.jpg
    Everything felt heavy today. I did feel better not having the noofuzion, though! After last week, I'm having a little fear on my squats. I'm not sure what the problem is exactly, but it doesn't help to be all alone. I took my time and pushed through everything even though it felt harder than it should. My weight is up slightly, but my strength isn't. That is a bummer 👎
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,413 Member
    I did 90lb bamboo squats today. My trainer was thrilled with my new-found depth and said,”You’ve been cheating on me!”

I told her,”no, I’ve been watching a couple of ladies on my forum!”

So, thanks @KickassAmazon76 and @DancingMoosie. A picture (or a GIF) really is worth a thousand words.
  • KickassAmazon76
    I did 90lb bamboo squats today. My trainer was thrilled with my new-found depth and said,”You’ve been cheating on me!”

I told her,”no, I’ve been watching a couple of ladies on my forum!”

So, thanks @KickassAmazon76 and @DancingMoosie. A picture (or a GIF) really is worth a thousand words.

Awwww thank you!! That's so sweet to hear! ❤️ Congratulations! 🎉
  • DancingMoosie
    edited May 2021
    hee7v9znbnf2.jpg
    I'm having a little bit of a mental block on my squats. Just a fear of losing it. Trying to work through it slowly...pullups were bleh
  • KickassAmazon76
    hee7v9znbnf2.jpg
    I'm having a little bit of a mental block on my squats. Just a fear of losing it. Trying to work through it slowly...pullups were bleh

I understand that fear all too well. When they're going good, it's inspiring and rejuvenating. When they get challenging, it's terrifying to think you're going to lose that. Way to keep pushing!