Share your story with MyFitnessPal! What are your New Year’s resolutions?

Replies

• frannieg62
    frannieg62 Posts: 1 Member
    I did pretty good two years ago and then gained back what I lost. I'm really going to try to do better this year. I'm starting over on My Fitness Pal and hopefully by tracking my food I'll have some success. Wish me luck!!!
  • wilsocial
    wilsocial Posts: 2 Member
    Goals 2021: Continuing with
    - Healthy living: More cooking with veggies, less wine. No diets, only moderation
    - Moving: 1400 miles (in 2020 1350 miles). Mainly outside in nature.
    - Running again: Preparing for 5k and 10k
    - Weight Maintenance: Between 125 and 130 pounds.
    - Logging food again: To see if I get enough nutrients especially proteins.

New for 2021:
    - Strength exercises especially for my back and arms
    - Dry January and February, to reset the habit of drinking a glass of wine every day instead of only in the weekend
    - Learning to use all my semi-professional camera's features!

• I do not have resolutions as such, I have a "Fit by 40" plan (I'll be 40 in 2023).

Nice plan! To quote Antoine St. Exupery, "A goal without a plan is just a wish." Good luck! I'm sure you'll do this!

1. Continue my keto way of life
    2. Drop the last 15 pounds
    3. Get off all meds (if possible)
    4. Gradually add in more exercise - starting with walking 2 miles a day and working up from there, adding a little each week.
  • mstull306
    mstull306 Posts: 17 Member
    I haven't felt good about my weight for years. I want to exercise 6 days a week even if I don't feel like it, eat healthier, stay hydrated (I don't drink enough water) and above all lose weight and keep it off. I know being 41 presents a challenge as far as metabolism goes, but I'd love to ditch some of my health conditions if I can.
  • lostpenguin87
    lostpenguin87 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2021
    1. Be under 200 lbs
    2. Refinance my home (to try to maybe buy another house)
    3. Do 10 regular pushups (can barely do a knee push up, want to get stronger)
  • Crazybxx
    Crazybxx Posts: 1 Member
    1. To drop 4-5kgs and tone, and get stronger.
    2. Fitness has already increased, continue to work on it.
    3. Do more hiking etc.
    4. To be really happy again. Food and fitness adding to general well- being and a good mental state.
    5. Working on my self worth and finding self identity.
    6. work on eating more vegan friendly- already a veggo for a long while now.

Joined tonight :smile:
  • shalisa7
    shalisa7 Posts: 55 Member
    Hi, not really doing resolutions but hoping this year to...
    1. Maintain healthy eating plan
    2. Lose around 4st
    3. Increase fitness and daily exercise
    4. Increase physical and mental health
    5. Learn to like myself
    6. Study something
    7. Read more
    8. Avoid Covid
  • shalisa7
    I do not have resolutions as such, I have a "Fit by 40" plan (I'll be 40 in 2023).

Nice plan! To quote Antoine St. Exupery, "A goal without a plan is just a wish." Good luck! I'm sure you'll do this!
  • shalisa7
    I'm trying to get fitter by 50 (april).. won't achieve goal by then but hopefully we'll on the way x
  • Jomarunner
    Jomarunner Posts: 4 Member
    I will quit smoking, create better eating habits, lose 25 lbs, start an exercise routine that I can stick with, start running again. It's alot but I will take it one day at a time. Good Luck to everyone and wishing you great success!
  • sunnylolasunny
    sunnylolasunny Posts: 34 Member
    New Year Resolutions : 2021

1. Lose 60lbs
    2. Land a Career
    3. Experience life more-travel, explore, and laugh more
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,969 Member
    1. Put my health first - so, do my work out before I start on household stuff; take time to pack healthy food for the day, etc.
    2. Connect with family more - more family dinners, more game nights
    3. Use my time better