Share your story with MyFitnessPal! What are your New Year’s resolutions?

Replies

• Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    I don't really believe in resolutions per se, but have decided to set some intentions and goals for myself:
    1. Practice grace--both for myself and my family
    2. More patience--work on walking away/taking a moment if I'm stressed or triggered by something and find myself getting worked up about something.
    3. Dedicated mindfulness practice at least once/day and TRY to practice more mindful eating
    4. Moment of gratitude daily: Name at least one thing I'm grateful for.

As far as fitness goals, I REALLY want to be able to do unassisted pull-ups and chin-ups and I'm thisclose, but feel I still need to work on activation more. I'd also like to improve my ankle mobility and core stabilization so I can safely go deeper with squats with great form, as well as improve my ballet dancing technique.
  • I'm going to make my goals for 2021, monthly. Perhaps weekly if I have to. January Goals are:
    1. Be consistent with taking my medications
    2. Wear my CGM consistently
    3. Move more
    Very general, but a good start I think :)
  • CJDaniel7
    CJDaniel7 Posts: 149 Member
    2021 Goals
    1. More Family Time
    2. Financial Freedom
    3. Reduce Stuff and Simplify Life
    4. Lose 50 Pound (Current Weight 260)
    5. Exercise 20 Days a month
    6. Row 15 Days a month
    7. Food Jounaling
  • Pengetsfitter
    Pengetsfitter Posts: 2 Member
    My goals for 2021:

1) Improve my relationship with food - I'm a secret eater, and I need to keep myself accountable

2) Get comfortable in my own skin - I've been 'dieting' for the last ten years at least and have only managed to gain about 80lbs so it'd be nice to lose that again

3) Be more sociable about it - I joined a gym last year that had a great community and for the first time ever I enjoyed my fitness journey! I'd love to meet some people on here who I can have a laugh with and help hold each other accountable 💪 there's strength in numbers after all

4) Stay consistent - I've always been good at short term goals because in my mind after that I can do whatever I want, including binge, so I need to keep my perspective and remember it's a marathon not a sprint 🤷🏻‍♀️

Feel free to say hi, I don't bite 🙃
  • Popcyclegirl
    Popcyclegirl Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2021
    Looking to strengthen and tone all over and lose 8 inches off my waist and lift my derriere by eating healthier and consistently exercising, focusing specifically on getting rid of the accumulated fat on my tummy, love handles, and back. I also want to get into the habit of drinking more water, because I know I don't drink enough; hardly at all, really...
  • CMB44512
    CMB44512 Posts: 70 Member
    Over all better health. Become stronger and maintain my pants size. Cut back on calories by drinking less alcohol.
  • To lose 10 lb by vacation in February and 30 lb by summer
  • nicolebulger
    nicolebulger Posts: 1 Member
    I'm going to focus on adding good habits this year; like drink more water, meditate more, walk outside when possible, do once a week of yoga, easy things that will my over health.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    1. Log everyday, every bite
    2. Eat less processed food, more fresh produce.
    3. Eat more fruit and vegetables.
  • Betemi62
    Betemi62 Posts: 1 Member
    Six pounds a month till June!
    Revise and submit my novel by April first! Happy to be here!
  • AlohaPdx
    AlohaPdx Posts: 11 Member
    Emphasize on my health. Workout at least 4x a week. Break bad habits.
  • Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Stick to my dang plan. I have 50lb to go and I need to be more active and stop getting into pizza, burgers, and cake.
  • CrazyGrandma69
    CrazyGrandma69 Posts: 1 Member
    I have a challenge to lose 20 lbs or 5% body fat in 6 weeks I get to choose which program how do I know which one is best if I make the challenge I get my money back. I am 61 years old I weighed in at 176.6 today I am 5'6" and am very motivated. I was told it is hard to measure body fat
    HELP!!
  • Olgabola1
    Olgabola1 Posts: 3 Member
    1. Make self care a priority - to hopefully feel less stressed and overwhelmed
    2. eat healthier - to feel better and lose weight
    3. move more - feel better and have more energy.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,975 Member
    I don't believe in "resolutions" based on a date, but some goals and things I will be continuing to work on in the coming year:

1) Complete the 75 Hard "Mental Toughness" challenge (currently on day 34) and then move on to the Phases of the Live Hard challenge with a short break between.

2) Part of what triggered #1 is a need to find "myself" again - for the last ~4 years, that "tough" part of me started to atrophy, and continued to get worse, resulting in effects I could see in all areas of my life. Time to get that back.

3) My fitness and weight are a huge part of that as well - tired of the excuses I've had for not losing the weight.

4) I'm in the middle of a career shift - both for my full time "job" and my own business that I'm getting going. Being laid off for the first time in my life provided an opportunity for some self reflection on what I really wanted out of life/work besides a paycheck...

5) #1-4 are intended to set me up for success on the track this year. I've spent 4 years struggling, first physically after a bad injury, then mentally for a variety of reasons. Moments where it started to get better, but then another set back that I would fall prey to. Time to move forward (and faster lol)

6) Purchase a home and move in - job change may complicate that, but hopefully not too much since I have a new job already getting going....
  • cab010506
    cab010506 Posts: 45 Member
    Just to keep on what I have been doing in 2020! Hit my first goal weight of 64kg (at 68kg). Keep on improving my fitness, I did hit my 5k in 30 min goal in December already, upping my strength training and also keep working on flexibility, stretching and relaxation.
  • Twinkles9876
    Twinkles9876 Posts: 14 Member
    This year I want to make peace with food and maintain a comfortable weight. I need this group to help me be accountable.
    I want to
    1. Eat a healthy diet with mainly fruits vegetables healthy grains and proteins.
    2. Be able to enjoy treats without feeling guilty and resulting in “all or nothing” thinking
    3. Exercise daily to prevent joint and back stiffness, maintain heart fitness and just feel good.
    4. Manage my stress without food

I will do this by weekly weigh ins, Pilates twice a week, and walking 30 mins at least 5 days a week