January 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    edited January 2021
    Sorry - accidental double post when I tried to add in pics.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    1/1 – 6 miles

6 (6.02) of 135 miles

Can someone explain the ChallengeHound website to me. I want to login on my laptop, but I can’t use my gmail account on my laptop so I try to login and it sends me an email that takes me to a link, so I have to open my gmail on my phone and open the app. Why if I’m logging in on the computer can’t I just see stuff there?

@amandalyn333 my daughter has asthma, when the weather is really cold she will wear a bluff over her mouth on and off during the run. She used to be bothered by it more like 5 years ago but not so much any more. As far as clothes, like @martaindale said dress for like 10 degrees warmer, if I’m not chilly when I start my run I have too many clothes on. Today I made the mistake of a long sleeve and shorts and by 2 miles in I took off my shirt and ran in my sports bra, I apologize to all who saw me LOL

@TheMrWobbly you can add me in Huntsville, Alabama

Great 2020 @polskagirl01

Hi @libbyralls great goal!

Hi @kirstymn ouch! Glad a police station was nearby. I fell a few years back and broke 4 ribs, so when I trip on something I scream. It makes for great fun when you trail racing with people around you. Ha ha I never follow those types of challenges it takes the fun out of it. In 2020 I did other virtual type challenges I thought would be fun, taking 2 months to run to the space station, how many miles can I run in 10 weeks etc.

@Avidkeo great photos

@KristinScott8 welcome!

Hugs @ContraryMaryMary hope Dad makes a full recovery.

@Faebert if you run one mile this month you gave COVID a kick in the *kitten*!

@quilteryoyo how are you and mom doing?

Great distance PR @SummerSkier

Races:
    1/4/2021 – 10 weeks as many miles as you can – Abominable Snowman Challenge
    2021 – one HM a month

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    Can someone explain the ChallengeHound website to me. I want to login on my laptop, but I can’t use my gmail account on my laptop so I try to login and it sends me an email that takes me to a link, so I have to open my gmail on my phone and open the app. Why if I’m logging in on the computer can’t I just see stuff there?

Yeah, challenge hound is interesting. I also can't use my personal email on my computer (work blocks it) so I had to open it on my phone. Once I had a tab logged in on the browser on my phone, I'm just not logging it out. So far I have been able to go back in a few times without having to log in again. I wish I could use it on my computer but it requires you to log in through the link which I can't get to. So, phone it is.
  • skippygirlsmom
    @martaindale thanks glad it’s not just me.

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,707 Member
    Yeah, challenge hound is interesting. I also can't use my personal email on my computer (work blocks it) so I had to open it on my phone. Once I had a tab logged in on the browser on my phone, I'm just not logging it out. So far I have been able to go back in a few times without having to log in again. I wish I could use it on my computer but it requires you to log in through the link which I can't get to. So, phone it is.

I can't access my personal email on my work computer either but I can forward an email in my personal email account on my phone to my work email and open it that way and then log in to Challenge Hound.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,707 Member
    Great PB @martaindale Lots of great runs today. I started with a 10k after such little endeavour in Q4 though it hasn't linked the strava run to challenge hound for some reason. I will give it 24 hours.

I had to submit the map earlier @skippygirlsmom though I have sent an update to see if Huntsville can be added

My run isn't showing in challenge hound either even though my Strava app is shown as being connected.
  • skippygirlsmom
    edited January 2021
    @TheMrWobbly it’s no problem if they can’t add Alabama. Thanks for trying.

I was able to get strava to link my challenge miles. Hopefully yours will show up.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    @Tramboman Love the goal of "PUT THE FUN BACK IN THE RUN."

@TheMrWobbly Love your "targets." What are you going to get your Master's in?

Nice run @SummerSkier ! Congrats on the distance PR! I think that is a great pace for that distance.

@Avidkeo Glad you enjoyed your wet run! You look amazing.

Big CONGRATULATIONS @martaindale on your HM PR! That's awesome! Love your race report and pictures too. That is definitely a Texas sized medal!

@skippygirlsmom Thanks for asking. We are doing okay, better than expected. I don't do well with New Year's Day since my husband passed 14 years ago - just hard facing another year without him. And now, with dad, the start of the day was a little emotional, but we unexpectedly wound up spending most of the day with the rest of the family (nephew and niece's families and my brother and SIL). It was a good distraction to have the two toddlers to play with and enjoy.

@Teresa502 Great race. Congrats on winning your age group! Who cares if there were only 2 running - you also beat all of those who were sitting at home on the couch! The duck poo sounds pretty gross. I'm also hoping things will get back to some form of normal soon.

@samthepanda Welcome back. Sounds like you are doing great getting back into running! Juggling work and running can be difficult. Good luck finding the balance you need and try not to stress about days you had planned to run, but life gets in the way. It happens to all of us.

Welcome @3greyhorses . Those are admirable goals.

@HonuNui Love your New Year's Resolution. Do you have a treadmill that will follow the terrain, or are you just watching video tours of the countries as you run? That sounds like fun.

@ContraryMaryMary Fantastic distance ran in 2020. All those other goals were pretty much out of your control.