January 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    Tripped on concrete bump in road (6.25 miles in), body plant, tore my gloves, scraped my chin, wrists will probably hurt in the morning.

Hope you have a quick recovery. Took a trip yesterday undone by some pesky brambles though fortunately the only thing hurt was my pride.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    1-1 5k treadmill + resistance bands
    1-2 5k treadmill + yoga
    1-3 6k easy
    1-4 7k slow + resistance bands
    1-5 5k treadmill + yoga
    1-6 7k slow + resistance bands
    1-7 6k slow + yoga
    1-8 5k treadmill + resistance bands
    1-9 6k slow + yoga
    1-10 6k slow
    1-11 6k slower
    1-12 5k treadmill + yoga
    1-13 7k slow
    1-14 6k slow + yoga
    1-15 6k slow
    1-16 6k slow + yoga
    1-17 5k treadmill
    1-18 5k treadmill

January Total: 104k
    January Goal: 140k

Low 30s F and snowing today, so I played on the treadmill instead of suffering outside.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2021 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

PUT THE FUN BACK IN THE RUN!
    Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs (second attempt)
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,948 Member
    @AlphaHowls I hope you aren't too sore this morning. I am amazed that you ran almost 10 miles after falling! I probably would have walked home, feeling sorry for myself.

@marisap2010 Glad you enjoyed your walk.

Glad you weren't hurt @TheMrWobbly ! Hope you weren't scratched up too badly.

@polskagirl01 You are a beast! That is really, really cold. Glad you only had a short run planned and it went well. The picture is really pretty though.

@eleanorhawkins Hope your legs and ankles aren't too angry with you. Don't blame you for running elsewhere for a while.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,948 Member
    @eleanorhawkins Sounds like you need to listen to your body and take a rest day today. Sorry your town is going to be shut down again. I'm really, really tired of CoVID and all it has taken away from us. I'm with you on getting bored with the same routine. That's why I started using the 80/20 Running plan. It varied the runs with hills, intervals, speed work, etc. Much easier, mentally, to do a varied plan. Actually, I've had more of the visual migraines today. Definitely something I will discuss with the surgeon on Thursday.

@AlphaHowls Glad you aren't too sore. Nice run. Thanks for getting us to London.

@Faebert Sorry about your tooth. Glad you were able to go out for a run this morning. You are doing great - forward progress is progress!

@TheMrWobbly I have a question about Challenge Hound that you have probably already answered. I went into it this morning and added all of the walking I have done since I got out of the hospital. But, it isn't showing up. Does it just take some time or is it now showing because I indicated it was a walk and not a run?
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    @Faebert I had a tooth pulled a few months back, and was really surprised how something so small could be so rough on me. I guess it's good though in a way, like your whole body gets involved to make sure that one part recovers.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    @TheMrWobbly I have a question about Challenge Hound that you have probably already answered. I went into it this morning and added all of the walking I have done since I got out of the hospital. But, it isn't showing up. Does it just take some time or is it now showing because I indicated it was a walk and not a run?

Hi @quilteryoyo it is set to only recognise runs so it doesn't pick up other people's strava walks, When you manually input can you tag it as a virtual run?

Great to know you got to run outside @Faebert

Sounds like more interesting times @Camaramandy648 and I really hope you find a smooth run soon as you truly deserve it!