Replies

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until we have dinner
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,474 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Looks like no one is posting daily on JFT right now. Busy with the holidays I'm sure. I need to post for my own accountability. So I'll keep plugging away.

Recap M 12/20 ~ Struggled to get up at alarm & no workout before work.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks :) 8.3K 13/14
    2) Net calories zero / 14c water :neutral: -173, sodium not horrible, fiber good, protein excellent, only 10c
    3) GA-IT count users per system & finish F&Ds / complete report grid / office summarization / organize & label w/p folders = 4/4 yay
    4) 5:00 haircut / buy sympathy card / make memorial gift / gas in car / register for Frenzy on the Fox 5K / register for Seroogy's Valentine 5K / wash dishes / another ta-da? yes TA-DA = 7/8
    5) Unplug 9:)0 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / 5:40 alarm (walk dog? treadmill?) :smiley: 6/6

JFT T 12/21
    1) Walked dog 3.61 mi before work :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    3) Net calories zero / 14c water
    4) Review GA-IT folders & submit for review / deal w/ in-charge request / Facebook Live 12:00 / TransUnion report / some of email backlog
    5) Make memorial gift / write sympathy card & mail / prep stockings / charge headlamp & dog's LED collar / another ta-da?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / 5:40 alarm (walk dog? x-train?)

Roads for now are in decent condition. Another snow shower predicted for today, maybe 1" accumulation, if not packed and icy, ok to keep walking dog. Always better than the treadmill.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21 & 6.30.21 ~ 7.31.21 accountable ~ 9.1.21 horrible after vacation but recorded ~ 9.30.21 small improvements yay ~ 10.31.21 ~ 11.30.21 slightly better
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (228 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21 YAY finished with 460.08 = 2X medal / Packers 5K IN PERSON 7.24.21 48:36 ave. pace 15:39 / Bellin Women's Pink Pumpkin 5K IN PERSON 10.2.21 47:34 ave. pace 15:19 second half pace 14:48 / Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K 10.9.21 in person 52:10 ave. pace 16:48 hill climb 1:44
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up

Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • MrsHermit
    MrsHermit Posts: 195 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Closed on the land! Busy busy planning and prepping!
    @cschmitz110515 I'm here! I think I'm getting closer to a routine I can handle in the next few months before we move. Enjoy your outdoor walks!
    MrsHermit wrote: »
    JFT Monday:
    devotional after morning duties❄
    to dos/chores❄
    constructive breaks❄
    exercise❄
    make socks❄
    dishes before bedtime❄
    calories close to goal❄
    Hermit time after dinner❌
    bedtime relaxing activities❌

JFT Sunday:
    to dos/chores
    constructive breaks
    exercise
    work on socks
    dishes before bedtime
    calories close to goal
    Hermit time after dinner
    bedtime relaxing activities
  • pafinkssteffes
    pafinkssteffes Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Okay, so it’s been 3 JFT’s

Drink 72oz water - dec. 18,19 and
    20th
    1st day was very hard to get it all in
    2nd day easier
    3rd day even better

Walk on treadmill 40 min. Dec.18.
    And 20th
    Missed a day the 19th. Speed 3.7

Research what my macros should be- done
    carbs 50%, Fat 30%, protein20%
    With one day to figure how close I come to it. I realized my issue is too much fat and to little protein. Carbs are spot on.

So, my JFT 12/21/21
    Continue with 72oz water
    Walk on treadmill 40 min. 3.7 speed
    Continue to research and learn how to balance macros
    Take a car load of things for salvation army
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - still on a road trip. Finished lunch, now I won’t eat again until dinner.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,197 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    So very sorry I have been MIA ... I have not even got on here to read and catch up... but think of you all, and so glad so many are still hanging in there with the holidays.

I've been busy getting ready for our son and grandkids to visit. I baked 3 different kinds of cookies, make rice krispy treats. Since they like to eat out a lot at their favorite restaurants, and I didn't prepare any "meals" but instead make lots of snacks/appetizers, since we would be opening gifts. Shrimp, chex party mix (minus any garlic salt since son is allergic to garlic), pigs n blanket, pepperoni quiches, cheese/crackers/ to slice, artichoke dip and crackers, etc.

I got stuff for breakfast prepped and ready to cook .. sausage/egg/cheese casserole, spinach quiche, oven french toast, made homemade bannana nut bread, cinnamon rolls, cheese danish.

The holiday always get me down, so I had to work hard to stay upbeat. Hubby has not been feeling well .. very tired and fatigues easy. He will have more bloodwork in January, and I try not to think the worse, but its been hard not to. Since he is tired, he also has been in a down mood.

So this is part of why I have not been on here.. just not feeling it.

But the past week, with prepping food for our son to visit, has helped me so much. It reminded me of the days when all my siblings and I would get together.. large family gatherings.

We talked to our son thursday morning .. ready to pick him up at the airport friday. Thursday nite he calls .. my DIL has covid again! And our son was exposed to 3 people that all tested positive to covid. So needless to say, the trip was cancelled.

So we packed up their xmas gifts yesterday... I packed up most of the baked cookies to send to them, and the appetizers I was able to freeze .. we'll eat these xmas eve and new years eve.

Really disappointed, but with covid, we know we have to be safe.

But.. I am maintaining my weight, hubby and I are trying to eat as healthy as we can. My goal is just to maintain!

I will be starting a new thread for 2022 if that is OK with you all, and plan to get better at posting more frequently.
  • cschmitz110515
    edited December 2021
    Options
    @MrsHermit Congrats on the land purchase! Hope everything works out well for you. And good job on creating habits, especially this time of year.

@mytime6630 So sorry about your change in holiday plans. Better to be safe. I would love to join your new thread next year. Do you know, I've been part of your little JFT group since Jan. 2017? It's been great!!!

@pafinkssteffes Good job figuring out the nutrition you need to focus on. My nurse practitioner stresses that I should eat protein with every meal and snack.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitent - I won’t eat again until tomorrow

I’ll be here in 2022!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    @MrsHermit Congratulations on your land purchase. You've achieved the first step :)

@mytime6630 Sorry your family have had to cancel, especially after all your preparations. This virus is the gift that keeps on giving isn't it. Everyone's so fed up with it now.
    Here in Scotland we've been told we can still have Christmas day, but to limit contacts before and after. New rules from the care home, but I can still get in to visit.

@cschmitz110515 I'm impressed with your dedication (and your dog walking!). I've haven't posted as I've not been making much effort. Not enjoying food much at the moment and never know what I want to eat.

Happy we're now past the shortest day :)

JFT Wednesday

Only one snack
    Housework
    Deal with car (tyre and brakes)
    Wrap presents
    Stretching exercises (bit too sore for anything more)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,064 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    🎄🤶🌟🧑🏻‍🎄🌟🎄🌟🧑🏻‍🎄🌟🤶🎄
    🎄🤶🌟🧑🏻‍🎄DECEMBER 🧑🏻‍🎄🌟🤶🎄
    🎄🤶🌟🧑🏻‍🎄🌟🎄🌟🧑🏻‍🎄🌟🤶🎄
    Live! Laugh! Love!!! NOW!!! Mindfully!!!

I haven’t had time to post but have been staying on track. My DED is hosting Christmas at her house this year, but there’s still a lot to do. 😂

Older g/son may not be there as one of his housemates tested positive on Friday last, and they are all isolating.

JFT GOALS

Sun 19 Dec:
    🔹 Track Daily Habits🎄
    🔹 Birthday celebration - g/daughter Cancelled until tomorrow
    🔹Christmas tree🎄Assembled
    🔹 Post cards🎄
    🔹 Work on Christmas Gifts🎄

Mon 20 Dec:
    🔹 Track Daily Habits🎄
    🔹 Birthday celebration - g/daughter 🎄
    🔹Christmas tree🎄Sorted out lights
    🔹 Post cards🎄

Tues 21 Dec:
    🔹 Track Daily Habits🎄
    🔹 laundry🎄
    🔹 Christmas tree🎄All done

Wed 22 Dec:
    🔹 Track Daily Habits
    🔹 Weekly grocery shopping
    🔹 Finish writing cards
    🔹 Work on Christmas Gifts
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,064 Member
    Options
    Looks like no one is posting daily on JFT right now. Busy with the holidays I'm sure. I need to post for my own accountability. So I'll keep plugging away.
    I’m in the same boat. Needing accountability.

@MrsHermit Good news on the land purchase! Fingers crossed for a smooth transition. Bravo on creating habits, especially this time of year.

@mytime6630 You must be disappointed about son not coming. Our grandson is not joining us for the same reason. Better safe than sorry!
    And I would love to join your new thread next year. It's such a great wee group.

@pafinkssteffes Welcome to the group. Well done on figuring out your macros. You’ll soon get the hang of it.

• cschmitz110515
    Options
    Recap T 12/21
    1) Walked dog 3.61 mi before work :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks :p 13/14 got caught up in work, of all things LOL 16.6K
    3) Net calories zero / 14c water :smiley: green 157, sodium red but ok, fiber excellent, protein nearly there, 13c
    4) Review GA-IT folders & submit for review / deal w/ in-charge request ~ not so bad after all / Facebook Live 12:00 / TransUnion report / some of email backlog = 4/5 plus unexpected L&C communications re ROP-BJ report draft & updated Project Status s/s
    5) Make memorial gift / write sympathy card & mail / prep stockings ~ 17 all ready :smiley: / charge headlamp & dog's LED collar ~ took upstairs at least / another ta-da? yes TA-DA
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / 5:40 alarm (walk dog? x-train?) = 4/6

JFT W 12/22
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    2) Net calories zero / 14c water
    3) Update, sign & submit month end PAR s/s / submit PAR, PRO, KRO s/s for this week & next / flagged emails / clear some of email backlog / water office plants / pack laptop
    4) X-train after work
    5) Make memorial gift / write sympathy card & mail / charge headlamp & dog's LED collar / another ta-da? doesn't have to be much
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / NO alarm on vacation day ~ yay, still plan to walk dog when I get up

Just a dusting of snow yesterday so roads ok to walk dog still. But we had clear skies & a very cold night. Decided I would be wise to not walk dog 3+ miles. The wind chill temp at 7 a.m. was -1F (-18C). Tiredness overtook me at alarm & multiple snoozes, and no x-training before work either. Maybe tonight?

Today is my last work day until the new year. Woohoo! Not sure how much I'll be on the computer at home for JFT posting, but maybe that can be a daily goal in itself. I don't mind logging food & exercise using my phone, but I hate posting that way. When I post JFT, just putting goals in writing that others may read, somehow makes me more diligent about accomplishing those things at least for that day.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21 & 6.30.21 ~ 7.31.21 accountable ~ 9.1.21 horrible after vacation but recorded ~ 9.30.21 small improvements yay ~ 10.31.21 ~ 11.30.21 slightly better
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (228 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21 YAY finished with 460.08 = 2X medal / Packers 5K IN PERSON 7.24.21 48:36 ave. pace 15:39 / Bellin Women's Pink Pumpkin 5K IN PERSON 10.2.21 47:34 ave. pace 15:19 second half pace 14:48 / Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K 10.9.21 in person 52:10 ave. pace 16:48 hill climb 1:44
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up

Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,197 Member
    Options
    Going to try and keep posting till the end of the year. I am ending the year just 5 pounds lighter than in January .. but I will take that. Ha.. so my resolutions will be the same as last year .. those hard last 10 pounds. But if I can maintain until New Years, I will be happy.

Our daughter came out last nite at 3 am ... her doctor has been slowly cutting her meds, and 3 weeks ago stopped one of them completely. I could tell her anxiety has been worse, but we were hoping it will level out once she gets used to less meds. But now her nightmares are starting up .. so time to call the doctor. 2 nites ago she came out at 2 and wanted to stay with us. Last nite it was 3. Hubby started to get mad at her, but I calmed him down .. she can not help this.

But. .. I had to get up at 6 for a doctors appt .. so not much sleep last nite!

Today making 2 batches of cinnamon rolls for neighbors.. and tomorrow I'll make a apple pie and 2 more batches of cinnamon rolls .. 1 for us, and 1 for a friend. Xmas eve will be all the appetizer I made .. which are frozen, and Xmas day will be just a ham, potatoes, veggies and a salad. But .. it is suppose to be in the 60s, so hoping to go out for a walk.

But I wanted to hop on and wish all of you a very happy and blessed christmas, and a happy new year.

Watch for a new thread for 2022 .. yikes ... 2022!!! I hope you all join me again. We could just keep this thread going .. but I don't know .. to me... I love fresh starts.

Goals for today
    1. log my food ... ha.. this is always my goal, something when I get busy with I struggle
    2. concentrate on water
    3. mindful eating

• MrsHermit
    Options
    @pafinkssteffes That's good that you're learning about food choices. It makes more of an impact than I realized.

@mytime6630 You've been busy!! I'll be praying for you and your husband, and your family. I'm sorry it's a rough time for you and that plans were cancelled. Look at all you accomplished, and it helped you remember good times! I hope somehow something happens to cheer you and your husband up.
    Please note the name of the new thread in this one so I can find it! I'm not good at navigating forums.
    Prayers for your daughter.
    All the things you've made! I get tired reading it, wow what an accomplishment! It's just my husband and I here, so not much to make, and a small cooking and storage/leftovers space. I'm not eating as much lately to really get those calories down (and weight loss before I arrive in a new community), and I have to clear out our freezer/fridge before our move. Your kitchen sounds so festive it makes me smile! Thanks for the smile today : )

@cschmitz110515 @TerriRichardson112 Thank you both!! It's a relief as we have to move, and a challenge as well. It will be around a three day journey (or more) just to get there. We are moving to raw land, so there's a lot to plan and prepare.
    I'm finding that habits are really essential for me. I know people kid about women and their "lists", but having some good habits (and lists/goals) as anchors, I've discovered, are what really help me. Thank you both for your compliment! My habit goals are even helping my husband as I insist he take breaks from planning to avoid burn-out.

@littleblackskirt Thank you! It's been something we've dreamed and hoped for but began to think it was just not going to happen. Now that we HAVE to move, I think God opened a door. So much to do now, but it's a blessing. I've decided to meet whatever challenges as they come and not worry, just plan carefully. Thanks for the reminder that days get longer now. YAY!

@TerriRichardson112 Nice job on your goals!

@Bex953172 That sounds very festive for Christmas! Merry Christmas!

JFT Tuesday:
    to dos/chores❄
    constructive breaks❄
    exercise❄
    work on socks❄
    dishes before bedtime❄
    calories close to goal❌
    Hermit time after dinner❌
    bedtime relaxing activities❄

JFT Wednesday:
    devotional after morning duties ❄
    chores/to dos❄
    constructive break
    exercise
    no calories went way over yesterday
    crafts - socks
    dishes before bedtime
    Hermit time after dinner
    bedtime relax activity
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 that's the kind of Xmas dinner I cook, I'm not good with all the extras! Grandson's nursery was closed very suddenly yesterday, but they didn't say why. Luckily, it wasn't one of his days.

@MrsHermit keep writing your lists, we love a list on this thread lol.

JFT Wednesday

Only one snack 2
    Housework yes
    Deal with car (tyre and brakes) no, need help which wasn't available
    Wrap presents yes, only a few still to do
    Stretching exercises (bit too sore for anything more) yes

JFT Thursday 23rd

Only one snack
    Cook proper evening meal
    Finish wrapping presents
    Exercises
    Last shop, go early
    Wait at parents house for skip to arrive

I want to get a lot done today as I have grandson here tomorrow all day. And everything has to be wrapped and hidden before he arrives. Looking forward to having him.

• MrsHermit
    edited December 2021
    Options
    @littleblackskirt Yes my husband knows I always like to have lists! :smile: Merry Christmas and enjoy your time with your family!

JFT Wednesday:
    devotional after morning duties ❄
    chores/to dos❄
    constructive break❌
    exercise❄
    no calories went way over yesterday❄Decided again to just eat later in the day which limited how much I could eat.
    crafts - socks ❄ tried and failed again, decided to address the real issue that's bothering me (finishing 1 project before starting another, and delaying that one though both needed to be finished already)
    dishes before bedtime❌
    Hermit time after dinner ❄
    bedtime relax activity❌

JFT Thursday:
    chores/to dos❄
    God willing the expected mail is delivered correctly; if not report, work hard for it, everything (prayers appreciated we get bad mail service here)
    laundry!!
    exercise
    lower calories
    dishes before bedtime
    crafts - finish totes
    constructive time alone
    Hermit time after dinner
    bedtime relax activity; stop planning and rest
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    Wow I am struggling to keep coming and posting goals each day. I am keeping the goals in my head which I guess is a positive.

I am very tied up with enjoying Christmas and getting all of my projects together too. By the time I have a minute to sit and read through I don’t have much energy left to comment.

@Bex953172 - your Christmas dinner is what we usually have as well. This year we are having a steak barbecue as we had turkey on Sunday with our youngest daughter and her husband. I didn’t realize when I planned a barbecue that the temp is supposed to be -24C so I may regret this decision.

I have 5 ornaments left to paint and hope yo get them mostly done this evening. I do have to work tomorrow for part of the day.

@mytime6630 - I’m so sorry your plans were cancelled and that your daughter is suffering.

I know there was a bunch more but I read and didn’t take notes.
    I’m looking forward to the 2022 thread.