JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    @Bex953172 I think most of America agrees with you now.

@cschmitz110515 I'm so glad that your Dad is okay! That had to have been very scary!

So I'm on register today which means I dont really do much movement and I forgot to take off my watch T.T So every time I scan something it counts it as a step. I am waaay off base today. Lol.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,060 Member
    Thursday

- Drink 4 waters ❌ 3 today, I would have another but I don't fancy getting up at 6am for a wee again 😂
    - Log all food ✔️ I didn't eat anything healthy though, McDonald's AND half a pizza. But I'm still within my calories?!
    - Walk dog✔️
    - Take meds ✔️
    - clean inside of car? ❌ I was too cold in the house so no way I was going outside lol!

I think that period when I couldn't physically eat through stress has helped me survive on much less food. We'll not even survive, I just stop when I'm full now, I don't really eat mindlessly.
    The fact that I've had a burger and pizza today and had breakfast and I still have 200 cals left makes me realise that I was eating WAY more than my body needed in the past.

I wanted to ask, is anyone here vegetarian or even better vegan?
    It's Veganuary in the UK so I'm trying it out (you know, except the burger) it is HARD but I also feel a lot healthier on the days I only eat plant based foods.
    I've already switched my milk, butter and cheese for vegan alternatives.
    Just thinking what do people use mostly to bulk up meals, is it stuff like lentils and chickpeas etc?
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Thursday 7 January

Wednesdays goals
    Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    Water 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬇️ 0.2kg lost in last 7 days.

Thursdays goals
    Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    Water 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬇️ 0.2 lost in the last 7 days

What a horrible and scary time we are living through. Thank you @pridesabtch for the uplifting news about your girls 😊. They are a credit to you.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,036 Member
    edited January 2021
    ❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️
    ❄️⛄️JANUARY ⛄️❄️
    ❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️

January 2021
    🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    January 2021
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • Height: 5'2"
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • UGW: 145
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • Total weight loss: 81.2
    January Daily Goals: Week 1
    Fri: ✅ Sat: ✅ Sun: ✅ Mon: ✅
    Tue: ✅ Wed: ✅ Thu: ✅
    1. Weight < 150: ✅6/7 (I weigh naked 😂 each morning after you know what. It helps me stay on track)
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2[/s] 23.4
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.1
    4. Calories in the green ✅ 6/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 6/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 6/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 5/7
    Positive intentions for Thurs 7
    Positive intentions for Fri 8 :
    • Meditation
    • Daily Yoga/tai chi practice
    • Outdoor walk
    • continue work on Hobbies room clear out
    • Daily Chores
    • Puzzles: Watch TV:
    • Ch 1'Travels with Charlie, John Steinbeck ongoing

@cschmitz110515 That must have been an anxious time for you. I hope your dad improve quickly.

I feel incredibly sad for my friends in the USA after that dreadful business in Washington yesterday.

Terri 🦄

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Friday 8 January

Log
    Stay in the green
    Water
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit exercise goal
    Weigh 😊 Trend ⬇️ 0.4kg lost in the last 7 days
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 941 Member

JFT Thursday 7th Jan

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green no, I signed off in the green and then had a drink and some crisps, why?!
    Admin yes
    Clear snow off paths yes
    Smile and appreciate the day yes

Weight is up today even though I've been under maintenance all week, ugh.
    It is so snowy and wintery that I want to comfort eat, trying very hard not to.

JFT Friday 8th Jan

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Some more admin
    Smile and appreciate the day

Word for 2021 Strength

One day at a time. lose 21lbs in 2021
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Good day on Thursday

For Thursday
    - I'm grateful for technology and in specific, a big one with MyFitnessPal. I remember my father using a pocket sized book to track calories and while I've never done WW's point system I can't believe either were, easy or accurate. I kept fitness journals through my 20's and 30's but it wasn't until I discovered MFP in 2013 that CICO became workable for me. Having an easy to use, mobile system that if I'm accurate in my logging provides a clear path to my goals is incredibly valuable.
    - 1900 calories:1848. Chose to eat up to the line but not over
    - Work out for 65 minutes:78 minutes including a 40 minute, 1.60 treadmill walk. Getting better on the treadmill
    - Eat between 8 and 6: Done
    - Eat dinner at the table: Done
    - Work on Excel for 5 minutes: Small bites, done
    - Read at night versus scrolling news feeds: Not 100% but making progress

For Friday
    - I'm grateful for the ability to work from home. Putting in long hours but can break to work out, save the commute time, make my meals and not worry about the office COVID exposure. Taking advantage of the opportunity until I get back on the road.
    - 1900 calories:
    - Work out for 40 minutes:
    - Eat between 8 and 6:
    - Eat dinner at the table:
    - Work on Excel for 10 minutes:
    - Hang clock:
    - Read at night versus scrolling news feeds:

• teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Stay green✅
    Make dinner after work❌ Wife made it
    No beer✅
    No candy❌
    Zwift workout✅
    Pull ups✅
    Push-ups✅
    Get calendar for bills❌

Goals for Friday
    Stay green or close to it
    No beer
    Pull ups
    Push-ups
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,304 Member

Goal JFT Thursday
    - Weigh, 189.6 :smiley:
    - Eat three meals. :smiley:
    - One soda during the day, then water :smiley:
    - Exercise 30 min :(
    - Read Bible :(
    - Bed by 11:30 :(

Yesterday did not go as planned, but it's ok. Tim forgot he had a meeting at church which put me on dinner duty. To be honest, if I don't exercise before dinner, it ain't happening. My weight was up from Wednesday, but Wed was an artificial low, chances are I didn't really lose almost 2 pounds between Tuesday & Wednesday.

Yesterday was really hard food wise, I was just hungry all day. I really wanted pizza and a beer, but didn't have room in the calorie budget for it. Once I get a craving like that, it is very hard to let it go, and nothing seems to satisfy it. I did have a small stack of pepperoni & a slice of provolone as a snack, but it just wasn't cutting it. I wanted the real thing. Basically, I did eat over my calorie allotment, but well within maintenance. It was an awful evening though. I did tell myself I could have pizza Saturday and that is helping a little. I allow myself one meal a week that is off plan, but don't binge. It helps me to have a plan so if I really really want something I don't have to say "No" I can say "Not right now".

Today my weight is creeping back down still over a pound since Tuesday. I'll take it.

JFT Friday
    - Weigh, 189.2 :smiley:
    - Work by 8:00 :( 8:30
    - Three meals
    - Stay green for the day
    - Ride the damn bike
    - Read in Bible

Have a blessed day y'all!

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    JFT - Thursday Jan 7
    Scale 199.2
    1L of water - :)
    Log all food - :)

JFT - Friday Jan 8
    Scale 201.2
    1L of water
    Log all food

@HEGoddard0928 - I'm happy to see you, it's good that you have some positive in your life and your job. I miss a physical job, it sure helps keep the weight off. The world is messed up though and the physical jobs don't pay as much as the sit down jobs.

@WellingTX - I thought Matthew McCounghey was a bit of a flake too, but I've seen a few of his talks and he's actually quite inspiring.

@cschmitz110515 - Happy that your Dad's trip to the hospital was not more serious, although from what I understand kidney stones are tremendously painful.

I have to run will catch up later.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    weekly weigh-in 2021 -- every friday

Name: Joan
    5'11"
    69 yrs old

SW: 195
    1st goal: 185
    2nd goal: 180
    Ultimate goal: 170-175

Word for the year 2021: Consistency

My weight history:
    SW Year 2017: 217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206 -- met my goal weight of 178 on December, 2019
    SW Year 2020: 182.6 -- gained 15 pounds through the pandemic :s
    SW Year 2021:195

Goals for 2021:
    These are the healthy habits I would like to do in 2021:
    1. Lose 25 pounds to get to my ultimate goal of 170, and then learn how to maintain it.
    2. To be better with planning my meals each week
    3. to get up in the morning, and have a rough idea of what I plan to eat the rest of the day.
    4. To stop mindless eating. To learn how to eat to live, not live to eat.
    5. To make drinking water a regular habit.. and drink 8+ glasses of water a day
    6. To curb and stop nitetime snacking for good.

Weekly weigh-in. I plan on weighing every friday
    Friday, Jan 1st: 195.6
    Friday, Jan 8: 194.4
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member

JFT, Thurs, Jan 7
    1. log all food
    2. brush teeth at 9pm ... only one evening snack
    3. concentrate on 8+ water
    4. read 1 simple abundance page
    5. read beck diet solution .. make notes and index cards

JFT, Friday, Jan 8
    Weigh in day

1. log all food
    2. brush teeth at 9pm ... only one evening snack
    3. concentrate on 8+ water
    4. read 1 simple abundance page
    5. read beck diet solution .. make notes and index cards

• HEGoddard0928

- work(register) 2-8 :smiley:
    - write 5k words :neutral:Matt aggravated me when I got home and just didn't have the focus needed to write anything.
    - go through email :smiley:
    - log all my food :disappointed:I didn't actually eat dinner last night. So I either would have been way under calories or way over, and I just didn't feel like it. Not a good mindset. Darn, you, Matt!
    - dishwasher :)
    - washing machine/hang up clothes :smiley: / :(They're still sitting in the washing machine, so I will probably have to rerun them.
    - mini goals :)
    - log weight :smiley:
    - Noom articles :(I didn't remember until I was going to bed, and by that time, I was just too tired. It was like 1 am. Lol

Matt was a butthead last night, but I forgive him. Lol. Instead of writing, I did a bunch of modules for a writing academy I'm a part of. It was a good way to get out of my head. I enjoy learning and taking notes. So this really helped me a lot and was informative, which will probably help me throughout my writing career.

I slept in really late today because it's my day off. Matt has pretty much involuntarily given himself a week off from work, which is really messing with me. He had two bad asthma attacks in a row on Sunday and still hasn't recovered from them. He's still pretty weak and gets out of breath easily. Thank God his boss is really understanding and giving him the time off. They're letting him use his personal time, too, which is really nice. And as much as I like having him home, it's hard for me to get anything done. Especially writing. I'm going to have to try and lock myself in my office and really focus on getting some words down on paper because it's already the 8th, and I want to have this story done by the 31st. And I'm only maybe a 1/4 of the way through it.

Okay, onto some goals.

- Weigh-in
    - Noom articles
    - Mini habits
    - Talk to T
    - Write 5k+ words
    - Hang up the dang clothes! (I can't wait until my dryer gets here)
    - Actually make dinner
    - Log all my food
    - Bed by 9:30
  • shenna333
    shenna333 Posts: 100 Member
    Okay so one heck of a start to the year. Back at work after a short vacation. My little middle granddaughter admitted to Children's all week. Scale is not working in my favor. Excuses are how I got to this point.

JFT 1/8 Fri:

Log + water
    Get in more steps

• HEGoddard0928
    @shenna333 I hope your granddaughter is okay!
  • shenna333
    shenna333 Posts: 100 Member
    @HEGoddard0928 thank you! She is home. She is only 5, and a couple times a year gets a neat transport to Children's ICU. She is asthmatic and frequently battles pneumonia. Fortunately no ICU this time, and Covid test negative. I'll give her a day, she will be back to bouncing around :)
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    Called my parents last night. Dad was in great spirits and Mom was exhausted. Of course, he slept while in hospital. It's amazing what getting rid of physical pain can do. He was given 3 doses of morphine which helped tremendously (yes @Snowflake1968 he said it was horrible pain that started when he rolled over in bed the night before). Mom said he hadn't taken any other painkiller he was prescribed once he got home. He knows he has to drink lots of water, which he hates, but he's doing it. Hopefully he passes the kidney stone without too much trouble or pain. Thanks for the JFT hugs yesterday, that helped.

Recap 1/7 R
    1) Treadmill 3.11 mi :mrgreen: great to burn cals & relieve stress
    2) Move hourly :) 13/14 & 11.4k
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / net cals zero / 14c water :( still eating/drinking holiday treats but at least less in house now = net cals -353 & 12c
    4) Work at home: resolve VPN/H drive issue YAY (thanks Mindy)/ webinar 2:00-3:00 (pace) / figure out next steps AJNH / keep up w/ emails / PRO s/s daily update = 5/5
    5) Call mom & dad in evening <3 / Calm or Fitbit meditation forgot about / make white chicken chili / wash dishes / one other chore = 3/5
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 7:00 alarm (treadmill before work from home) >:) I played around on my new computer & that led to nothing else getting done. Drat that Solitaire (just one more game).

JFT 1/8 F
    1) Walk dog in afternoon (roads appear to be safe enough)
    2) Move hourly
    3) Make more brown rice / net cals zero / 14c water
    4) Work at home: AJNH / Facebook Live 12:00 / current emails / PRO s/s daily update / submit PRO & PAR s/s / update Project Status / pack up for office on M
    5) Meditation app / one chore
    6) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / NO alarm Sat.

Learned during night our master bath toilet has started leaking. Hubby is the sort to fix himself (I help as much as I can) so no call to plumber and water turned off. Thank heavens we live in large house (we bought when his elderly mother lived with us & we had frequent guests to visit her). We have two other toilets to use. But means trip to Home Depot & repair work on Sat. so sad me. Hopefully we'll get it taken care in one day. I'll need my patience, not always a strong suit.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year!
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and continuing to log / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,036 Member
    ❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️
    ❄️⛄️JANUARY ⛄️❄️
    ❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️

January 2021
    🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    January 2021
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • Height: 5'2"
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • UGW: 145
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • Total weight loss: 81.2
    January Daily Goals: Week 2
    Fri: ✅ Sat: Sun: Mon:
    Tue: Wed: Thu:
    1. Weight < 150: ✅1/7 (I weigh naked 😂 each morning after you know what. It helps me stay on track)
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2[/s] 23.4
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.1
    4. Calories in the green ✅ 1/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 1/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 1/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 1/7
    Positive intentions for Fri 8
    Positive intentions for Sat 9 :
    • Meditation
    • Daily Yoga/tai chi practice
    • Outdoor walk
    • continue work on Hobbies room clear out
    • Daily Chores
    • Local shops
    • Puzzles: Watch TV:
    • Ch 1'Travels with Charlie, John Steinbeck ongoing

Terri 🦄
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    klanders30 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone! New to this forum.

JFT:
    • Walk at least 10 steps
    • Eat a healthy Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner--no eating after 6pm
    • stay off media
    • journal exercises/prompts/gratitude list

Thanks to all in the forum, I'm looking forward to checking in daily, glad I found you all.

Karen

WELCOME!! WE ARE HERE WITH YOU🌹