I have Covid 19

Options

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    fgbqewl9n7zq.png

Old, and it’s probably changed, but probably not a whole lot.
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    msalicia07 wrote: »
    Prayers of support for you and your mom. This pandemic is maddening ... the media and political blitz make you think if you wear your mask and do exactly what they say.. you won't get it. Not true.. most people who get it are mask wearers and do their very best .as you did. It is a virus that is random and unpredictable.

Take your vitamin C, your zinc...and vitamin d3... if you don' have it.. sign up for instacart and have it delivered from one of your drug stores. You can also have your groceries delivered by them as well.

The hospitals are much better at the treatments now.. so. your mom getting COVID at this time, means the best treatments/theraputics are now available and doctors know more of what they're doing. That wasn't the case six months ago. ]

Stay positive.. take care of yourself.. I know of 11 people.. including a 99 year old and an obese woman with diabetes who recovered from the virus.

My husband is in respiratory. We’ve moved 3 times so he can teach high risk areas and hospitals about the virus and how to use the newest ventilators. I usually don’t comment on posts like this, but your comment is not only incorrect but irresponsible. I know you mean well, and I’ve enjoyed your posts so far that I’ve seen, but please don’t continue to spread this myth. He is working diligently to correct this type of misinformation.

Hi what did you feel was misinformation, its true most mask were recommended to wear don't work unless there n95 or kn95 or something similar. And we can't go wrong taking vitamins in my doctors opinion.

And the media does share alot of mis information.

And the hospitals do have it better together than In the beginning, some more than others.

If you know something we should know please share.

My mom did get an approved drug for covid, along with pain meds, o2 and IV fluids along with her regular meds.

Let's help and support one another, thanks. 😉❤🤗

Oh shoot I missed this! Sorry for the late response. And forgive me if I don’t get into a debate about this- it’s not my intention.

To answer your question, it was the generalization of her comments I bolded that are dangerous. If people believe masks don’t matter and the pandemic is unpredictable than people don’t follow best practices to alleviate the spread.

The information I have is no secret of course, but it is easily accessible to all on cdc.gov. I just checked it today myself and it discusses masks fairly. When people spread the idea that “cloth masks don’t work. Even people who do everything they can to prevent it still get it, so why try?” then the hospitals receive the impact of that misinformation. When the guidelines are followed, such as wearing masks in the correct manner, social distancing, and sanitizing frequently, hospitals decrease in numbers and the spread is lessened. Frontline workers like my husband, who are the ones saving lives, implore us to do our part. It is not unpredictable, and we are not helpless. We should be listening to medical professionals and scientists, not a political party, IMO. And like you said, supporting and helping each other 🙏🏻

Thank you for responding and explaining because I really want to understand your view point. And I understand now, There is a helpless feeling when You do all you should then you get sick, not just me.

And it's disheartening to share and inform those I know personally, who have questions about covid. Who think I'm a professional since I contracted covid, don't or won't believe my answers even though my information comes from 8 different doctors saying the same thing. 5 of my mothers doctors 3 my doctors since this started for us.
    They feel its a conspiracy the meds, test is this disease real. Don't believe I can be well with no meds, won't take a test if exposed. These behaviors are exhausting , I referred them to the CDC website like the doctor said. But nobody wants to believe the literature or read it or talk to their own doctor.

Also I'm a leper even though I'm still in the house my isolation is over and I was pretty much told by someone close to me that they believe I'm still contagious and I shouldn't just believe the doctor. I told this person the doctors have just as much to lose as all of us, so I know there doing everything to make sure we protect each other from this.

Talking to these people I'm sure Its a uphill battle for your husband. If its like this for me.

My daughter saw and filmed about 100 people on bikes on a main road here, no mask and all close. My friends son out of state where clubs are open wearing no mask, my apartment complex most people outside with no mask,, saying I'm only going to the car or mail box. I hope covid 19 can be contained so many people just don't care and or understand .

And vaccines are here but are getting destroyed or paused on giving them and right now my age group can't get it, but then it would be to soon because I just got over it, IDK this is all to much.

Sorry for the rant.😷😕
  • yweight2020
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Prayers of support for you and your mom. This pandemic is maddening ... the media and political blitz make you think if you wear your mask and do exactly what they say.. you won't get it. Not true.. most people who get it are mask wearers and do their very best .as you did. It is a virus that is random and unpredictable.

Take your vitamin C, your zinc...and vitamin d3... if you don' have it.. sign up for instacart and have it delivered from one of your drug stores. You can also have your groceries delivered by them as well.

The hospitals are much better at the treatments now.. so. your mom getting COVID at this time, means the best treatments/theraputics are now available and doctors know more of what they're doing. That wasn't the case six months ago. ]

Stay positive.. take care of yourself.. I know of 11 people.. including a 99 year old and an obese woman with diabetes who recovered from the virus.

My husband is in respiratory. We’ve moved 3 times so he can teach high risk areas and hospitals about the virus and how to use the newest ventilators. I usually don’t comment on posts like this, but your comment is not only incorrect but irresponsible. I know you mean well, and I’ve enjoyed your posts so far that I’ve seen, but please don’t continue to spread this myth. He is working diligently to correct this type of misinformation.

Hi what did you feel was misinformation, its true most mask were recommended to wear don't work unless there n95 or kn95 or something similar. And we can't go wrong taking vitamins in my doctors opinion.

And the media does share alot of mis information.

And the hospitals do have it better together than In the beginning, some more than others.

If you know something we should know please share.

My mom did get an approved drug for covid, along with pain meds, o2 and IV fluids along with her regular meds.

Let's help and support one another, thanks. 😉❤🤗

Masks work, even if not n95. Masks are not 100 percent, but they do help reduce risk. That is the misinformation in the post.

I actually haven't seen any stories that say that if you wear masks and social distance, you won't get it. Most things I've seen have discussed lowering risk.

Then truthfully the government should've had proper mask manufactured here and offered them to everyone including the public not just health care providers,even if we had to pay. Because I'm paying now, one way or another and when I went to nursing school a million years ago and when I worked with patients who had air borne diseases I had the n95 mask or similar and I never got sick. The right mask and these vaccines is what we need. Yes and somepeople are going to get sick, but if things were done better/different it would beway less.

I also learned in nursing school to stay 10 feet from people but the government comes out with 6 ft putting us closer.

Thank you for your response 🙏
  • yweight2020
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who gave us well wishes and prayers, encouragement and knowledge.. I tried to respond to everyone individually, I apologize if I skipped over anyone it wasnt intentional.

I hope everyone is doing their best to take care of yourselves and families in the times were living in. I hope were still finding some joy.

Thank you myfitnesspal family. 🙃😉❤🤩😷
  • applespearsncakes
    applespearsncakes Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So horrible for you and your poor Mum. I'm in Australia where we don't have the same magnitude of COVID. I hope you are able to eat properly and get your stamina. You must be so upset about your Mum. x
  • yweight2020
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    Sorry u caught it but u somehow lapsed in taking the necessary precautions to prevent it.

That DOES NOT make it ur fault and I'm in NO WAY trying the blame the "victim" but this is an insidious disease that's far most infectious and debilitating than the common flu, wc has all but disappeared w/ the C19 precautions.

I have not gotten C19 "YET" despite going to the PO, grocery store, gas station and other places regularly.

This doesn't mean that I still can't get it but I'm doing what I can 2 to prevent it by wearing an N99 equiv mask, social distancing and not touching my face w/o washing my hands or distenfecting them w/IPA 1st.

Really not much else that u can do and even if u get vaccinated u still have at least a 5% chance if catching it, even if u still wear a mask, socially distance and wash/disinfect ur hands.

Sorry 2 say, it is what it is.

Good luck and I hope that u and your mother get well soon!

Thank you for your response, but I took all the precautions you noted, its just insidious as you said. And before it's over according to the professionals more of us may catch it than not.

I went out to shop and more than likely thats where I got it,since I use Instacart and Amazon fresh for groceries now for everything I can think of really no reason to leave home. I didn't know about them before.

And I'll take a 5 percent chance if I can get a vaccine versus a 100 percent chance of getting it with no vaccine. Just know vaccines don't work for everyone flu vaccine worked for me. Pneumonia vaccine didn't work 3 out of 7 times I had it. Its just a shot in the dark whether it will work for us individually, but if enough of us get it we should build up enough protection as a world community.

Thanks for your well wishes,, my mother is much better and so am I that's why I can finally respond.

Take care😷🤗❤
  • yweight2020
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Have to disagree with you sgt1372. There could've been a lapse anyplace, anytime, by anyone. Unless you stay in your own little bubble in a HazMat suit, I think everybody's fair game. :( Sure, all those things provide more protection, I fully believe that, but not 100%. :(

Thank you, exactly what Reenie said😉🙃🤗❤
  • yweight2020
    edited January 2021
    Options
    fgbqewl9n7zq.png

Old, and it’s probably changed, but probably not a whole lot.

Thank you for sharing this but IDK about this information and accuracy. Also it depends on the size of the droplets and spores, but of course any coverage is better than none. But if you got or had covid or a severe case of it you'd know why I'd like the best mask possible. Although my case was mild my lungs hurt and you'd want to do anything not to get this disease or feel the way I felt.

Take ❤ 😷
  • yweight2020
    Options
    So horrible for you and your poor Mum. I'm in Australia where we don't have the same magnitude of COVID. I hope you are able to eat properly and get your stamina. You must be so upset about your Mum. x
    Thank you for your response this country should have done what Australia did then.

Where much better and I was very upset, but we're really on the mend she's eating all her meals now though mostly pureed and drinking her liquids, getting naps and watching some TV, still slow healing for her she's a bit fatigued still as the doctors say you can be after isolation and we continue to isolate for this reason. But much better overall since she came home.

What are you doing to stay safe from covid in Australia? Are you out at work? The stores for food?

Take care and thank you for your kind words.😉🙃🤗❤
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    @yweight2020 I'm really glad you and your mom are both on the upswing now!! Take care and get/stay well <3
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    I do have another question. If you have some of these side affects, fever, aches, etc. after the vaccine, do you have to self-quarantine? Are you contagious?
    I suppose I could google. But honestly sometimes I feel better reading what y'all have to say. :)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Thank you for your response this country should have done what Australia did then.

Where much better and I was very upset, but we're really on the mend she's eating all her meals now though mostly pureed and drinking her liquids, getting naps and watching some TV, still slow healing for her she's a bit fatigued still as the doctors say you can be after isolation and we continue to isolate for this reason. But much better overall since she came home.

What are you doing to stay safe from covid in Australia? Are you out at work? The stores for food?

Thank you for updating us, so glad you are feeling better and it seems like your mom is also getting better and making progress. I hope she feels all better soon. It can take a long time for some people to feel "normal" again after having it. <3
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options

My wife and I also had Covid, no where near as bad as what you describe. The information from our health department told us 10 days after testing positive (and no fever) we did not have to isolate even if you have mild symptoms such as fatigue or sore throat.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I do have another question. If you have some of these side affects, fever, aches, etc. after the vaccine, do you have to self-quarantine? Are you contagious?
    I suppose I could google. But honestly sometimes I feel better reading what y'all have to say. :)

No, the vaccine just contains mrna which allows your cells make one small protein that happens to be on the surface of the virus. It just makes your cells make this protein and then the cells see that protein as foreign and mount an immune response against it.

Then when they see the actual virus with that particular protein on the surface, it recognizes it as foreign, and already and has an immune response ready for it. You are NOT infected with the virus and cannot be infected by getting the vaccine. it does not contain the virus. Hope this helps. :)

Now whether you can still be a carrier if you get COVID despite having the vaccine is a different topic. But you cannot get COVID from getting the vaccine at all.

Thank you so much :) Truly helpful!
  • Fit_Happens_2021
    Fit_Happens_2021 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you and your mum are doing better. I haven't read every post so you might already have heard this - I saw you said you are worried about getting it again, my doctor told me I will have about 83% immunity from having had the virus already, and that if I did get it again the symptoms would be mild or none at all.
  • Ddsb11
    Ddsb11 Posts: 607 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options

I don't know what you disagree with.. the masks? ...and I wear a mask diligently ..I just didn't want this woman feeling like she did something wrong to give her mom COVID, as a CDC study of people who caught the virus.. most of them were mask wearers. It doesn't mean they were wearing them properly..which may make a difference.

As per the other information in my post..it is true and from my experience.. I'm also interested in your husband's work with ventilators; hearing mixed information that they did more harm than good in the beginning of the virus. Patients being put on them too early. But.. there is so much mixed information ..much of it coming from medical professionals who are learning as they go and disagree as they go. We the public, caught in that crossfire. But everyone is doing their best and they give their take and opinions... And.. I'm entitled to mine.

Hi Elisa

It’s clear you’re very sweet and just being concerned, we all need compassion in times like this. As far as your vent question- I don’t want to speak for my husband too much but I can confirm some of the concerns in regard to being early ventilated. It’s a serious decision, and patients should not be ventilated unless it’s absolutely necessary. At this point hospitals have a pretty good handle on it. But lungs don’t just bounce back, and can be compromised so it’s a consideration not to take lightly. Anyway, I hope that answered one of your questions 🙏🏻 And forgive my brief response I can barely keep my eyes open right now.