Often feeling hungry on 1330 cals

Anyone else struggling with hunger?

MFP recommends I consume 1330 per day but I find, even when I have had a LOT of protein, I am constantly hungry.

Having said that, if I eat more, I gain!

Can anyone help?

Replies

• mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12
    mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12 Posts: 204 Member
    Try different combinations of food to see what satisfies you. Some people find protein really fills them up, others not so much.

I eat 1200 calories a day and can honestly say I am very rarely hungry, but that is very much dependent on what I eat not the calorie content. What I eat for breakfast makes a big difference for me. I have a bowl of porridge made with water everyday. Just a packet of original Quaker instant oats. It’s 100 calories, I like it and it fills me up until lunch. If I had a bowl of cereal I know I would be starving an hour later, I think it’s the sugar content that makes the difference but that’s just a guess.

You’ll need to find what works for you but I second eating lots of veg. I volume eat veggies because feeling full at the end of meal is really important to me. My lunch and dinner are always based around piles of veggies.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    edited January 2021
    I would be starving on 1330 calories as well.

How much weight do you want to lose and what rate of loss did you choose?

9kjwnia17qv9.jpg
  • clarab2021
    clarab2021 Posts: 15 Member
    Try switching your macros around. Eat more vegetables, they have more fiber which can be filling. Also, what is your goal? How much weight do you want to lose? How tall are you?

Hi! I’m 5’4” and my goal is around 20lbs but mainly slimming down by two dress sizes so that old clothes fit again.
  • clarab2021
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I would be starving on 1330 calories as well.

How much weight do you want to lose and what rate of loss did you choose?

9kjwnia17qv9.jpg

Ideally about 20lbs, 1lb a week loss would be good but it’s just so stubborn on the scales. I weigh and measure everything.
  • gigius72
    gigius72 Posts: 183 Member
    clarab2021 wrote: »
    My goal is 1360 a day, but with exercise I can eat around 2000 to lose weight. Are you including exercise calories into this? I wouldn't be able to do just the 1360 either..I'd be gnawing at my arm I think lol.
    For reference, I'm 5'5", 173 lb.

No, I don’t include exercise calories.

I find it very difficult to lose weight, which may be linked to my age (40) but also PCOS.

Either way, I found when I was eating 1500 and exercising for 2-3 months, I stayed the same weight.

MFP said to drop to 1200 for 2 lbs per week, or 1330 for 1 lb a week loss - but I’m constantly hungry.

Get rid of all added fat if you add any (oil, butter, cooking spray), that will give you some more calories to spend. Switch in a meal beans for meat. It's still plenty of protein but it adds fibers. Try to eat beans in soup, water+fiber is a bulk that keeps you full. Snack on celery if you get hungry after meals, basically no calories but tons of fibers and water.
    I usually have a breakfast of about 600 calories and a lunch which is the same. For me is too low and I have to force myself at times to eat dinner because I'm still full from previous meal (due to the massive fibers I eat).
    Just my 2 cents, I hope you'll figure it out.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member

MFP recommends I consume 1330 per day but I find, even when I have had a LOT of protein, I am constantly hungry.

Can anyone help?

Can anyone help?

Please clarify what you mean by you gain when you eat? You would have to be plus 2500 calories in a given day to gain...
  • clarab2021
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Can anyone help?

Can anyone help?

Please clarify what you mean by you gain when you eat? You would have to be plus 2500 calories in a given day to gain...

I meant that I maintain and don’t lose at 1500 and anything over that, I slowly gain.
  • gigius72
    gigius72 Posts: 183 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    gigius72 wrote: »
    My goal is 1360 a day, but with exercise I can eat around 2000 to lose weight. Are you including exercise calories into this? I wouldn't be able to do just the 1360 either..I'd be gnawing at my arm I think lol.
    For reference, I'm 5'5", 173 lb.

No, I don’t include exercise calories.

I find it very difficult to lose weight, which may be linked to my age (40) but also PCOS.

Either way, I found when I was eating 1500 and exercising for 2-3 months, I stayed the same weight.

MFP said to drop to 1200 for 2 lbs per week, or 1330 for 1 lb a week loss - but I’m constantly hungry.

Get rid of all added fat if you add any (oil, butter, cooking spray), that will give you some more calories to spend. Switch in a meal beans for meat. It's still plenty of protein but it adds fibers. Try to eat beans in soup, water+fiber is a bulk that keeps you full. Snack on celery if you get hungry after meals, basically no calories but tons of fibers and water.
    I usually have a breakfast of about 600 calories and a lunch which is the same. For me is too low and I have to force myself at times to eat dinner because I'm still full from previous meal (due to the massive fibers I eat).
    Just my 2 cents, I hope you'll figure it out.

What’s wrong with added fat?

Added fat takes up calories and offers 0 satiation. You can use those calories to swap them with food which give station.