2/1 off
    2/2 3.50 Cote D'Ivoire and Cape Verde Islands
    2/3 off
    2/4 3.35 Cambodia
    2/5 Life
    2/6 3.55 Cameroon
    2/7 4.30 Canada

Total 14.70

@shanaber Yes I am learning something new with each run, tho some videos are better than others. Really enjoyed today's trip across Canada, and @noblsheep and @avidkeo I am taking suggestions for China and New Zealand!
    Tangerine Mimosas. Tangerine juice. Tangerine sauce on cheesecake.
    @quilteryoyo so glad that Tippy is home

exercise.png

*So, my 2021 resolution is to hike/run all 193 (or 195 depending on your source) countries of the world this year. This could be difficult, since I don’t have a passport. But YouTube to the rescue! I have been using the site to take train “trips” recently, and have found them strangely motivating. Why not the world?

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @HonuNui I suggest the tongarero crossing for NZ. Or Routburn track.

I assume you are following YouTube run videos?

ETA I re-rrad your post, its train trips? The trans alpine would be your best option.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,969 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @kgirlhart Great run and glad your hip is doing well. I don't blame you for taking advantage of the warmer temps.

@shanaber Wow. That's a lot of tangerines! I know your friends all love you this time of year.

Sounds like a fun family day @ContraryMaryMary !

@katharmonic Glad you were able to score some snow shoes. We need pictures! LOL Hope your friends are able to find some so you can continue your hikes in the snow.

Nice run @marisap2010 ! I hope your toe feels better this afternoon.

• Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    2/1 3.16
    2/2 3.16
    2/3 3.19
    2/4 3.16
    2/5 3.4
    2/6 3.8
    2/7 6.2
    2.8 3.2
    Total 29 / 90 for the month
    100 / 1114 for the year
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Afternno all. Good running @rheddmobile !
    Happy to see you recovering so well @quilteryoyo @Faebert sorry about the ankle! I know too well!

Re:cold Last year I didn't think twice about going out to run in the cold (although anything less than 25F I hesitated). This year, I can't make myself. It's too easy right now to just get on the treadmill - run the Peloton app and do a couple of classes. However, I have told myself that on Wed I will go out - if it's 32 or above I will go lol. I've become quite the wimp.
    Today was 7 miles on the tread (was 27F out so yeah).

Cheers to all!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,799 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 many people are born with duck feet (toe out) or toe in. I actually was born with my feet tending that way as well. The funny part is that when I broke my femor in 97 (bad spiral fracture and no I can't find the xrays) the ortho inserted a rod. He did a MOST excellent job getting my legs the same length but years later I noticed the leg which was broken no longer toes out... true story.
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    @Tramboman I love hearing about your birdies. I’m trying to learn to identify more of my locals by song. Some are easier than others though - yesterday I had four nuthatches at my feeder at one time and it sounded like a clown convention! Squeaky honk honk!

i do also! I am a purple martin landlord with 12 gourds and they are due back in central Tx any day now. I hope they wait because we are about to have a cold snap for a week with temps in the 20s and even one day in the teens! I am not sure I will not take a few "rest" days as I don't have a treadmill to revert to.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    2/1-2.25
    2/2-2.25
    2/3-2
    2/4-2.5
    2/5-3
    2/6-2.25
    2/7-3.5
    2/8-Far to cold to go out running the next 5 days. Real feel was -30F so, nope. did a workout video instead

February Goal-17.75/60
    2021 Goal-98.75/634 miles

January-81 miles
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @polskagirl01 I have also read that toe out walking can be the result of flat feet.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Also don't people who ride horses a lot have a walk like that? Think John Wayne
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Also don't people who ride horses a lot have a walk like that? Think John Wayne
    Um. No 😱