February 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    @142jmh - love your pup! I have several friends who have Burmese Mountain dogs who run agility with them! I find it so fun to watch them run! They aren't fast but they really enjoy themselves!
    @katharmonic - so many of the big dogs I have met, Burmese, St Bernards, Great Danes, Giant Schnauzers, etc. are such lovers! They just want to lean against you and get loved and petted. Too bad they mostly come put to my waist at least and almost knock me over!
    Also my dd has told us the 2nd dose vaccine is creating some pretty awful side affects. She did not have any but many of her coworkers and patients have. Basically she said it can be as little as fatigue and as bad as a fever and flu like symptoms. I hope it is just fatigue and headache for you
    @Faebert - not sure if you can get kinesiology tape of some kind there but here is a link to the KT Tape site. They have all kinds of videos for taping various body parts. I think most are also on YouTube. Like others have said I would not do anything until you are pretty much pain free.
    Welcome @TheMinx89 to our crazy group. Warning this thread moves fast (we are a chatty bunch) but just jump in to the conversation or ask questions.
    @quilteryoyo - glad there was no body and you didn't end up as joggers! Also your mom is doing great!
    @polskagirl01 - is the AQ usually bad where you are now? You really did a great job getting run in even if in pieces!
    @juliet3455 - I miss the face to face interactions too and even with the few zoom calls with friends it just isn't the same.

Weather - of course right now when I can't really run much (reading @katharmonic's ladder workout made me want to run intervals 😢) the weather is perfect. We do have a small threat of rain this weekend but it is staying in the high 50's/low 60's. I am sure about the time I can run more it will get hot again.
    My dd let me know that they are expecting nearly a foot of snow this weekend in Seattle! Yikes - I am sure it will be coming across the US after that!
    I went out for a walk/run yesterday and ended up just walking for the vast majority of it because my hamstring was just not having any part of it. The pelicans were back, I am guessing there must be a lot of fish right now or something drawing them in. Or maybe they are getting ready to nest.
    The hamstring continued to hurt last night and I couldn't get comfortable all night. I see a nap in my future but I want to get in some strength work first.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    @shanaber I hope your hamstring feels better and allows you to get some rest tonight. I also hope you had a nice nap this afternoon.

@SummerSkier Ice coated trees are really pretty, but I know that means really treacherous roads. Stay safe and enjoy the rest.

@polskagirl01 When I was a child, we burned coal. It is a pretty nasty form of heat. I'm glad it was better this morning.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @katharmonic Hugs. I hope you are feeling better tomorrow!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Speaking of donuts, @polskagirl01 , it's almost paczki time...
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »

You missed it, the pączki are gone! But I do think a few countries celebrate something similar on Tuesday :)
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @kgirlhart Burrr! That's REALLY cold. I don't blame you for staying in.

@marisap2010 Yeah. They should have let you know earlier. Good luck.

Happy New Year @noblsheep ! I think I may be a day late, but the sentiment is there.
  • Tramboman
    Options

You missed it, the pączki are gone! But I do think a few countries celebrate something similar on Tuesday :)

That would be us people of Polish extraction in northeast Ohio!!!
  • Tramboman
    edited February 2021
    Options
    2-1 6.1k treadmill
    2-2 5k treadmill + yoga
    2-3 6k slow
    2-4 6k easy + yoga
    2-5 5k treadmill
    2-6 6k slow + yoga
    2-7 5k treadmill
    2-8 7k slow
    2-9 6k treadmill + yoga
    2-10 7k slow
    2-11 6k treadmill + yoga
    2-12 7k measy (between moderate and easy)

February Total: 82.1k
    February Goal: 150k

Cloudy, low 20s F, with a nasty little wind from the east. Fastest 7k since last November, and I earned the "Year of the Ox" badge as well.

@kgirlhart It's best not to run in temperatures like that.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2021 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

PUT THE FUN BACK IN THE RUN!
    Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs (second attempt)
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options

That would be us people of Polish extraction in northeast Ohio!!!

Well in that case, "Smacznego!" Enjoy!