WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2021

Options

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: dogs to powerline, Post Office, Library, Grocery Outlet, gas, Freddie’s
    Bonus: 2 hr chat with D & V
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call S, call C, call R, Freddie’s for rx, start taxes, fire district: minutes, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; FM Cu, watch STAS Day 20, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed; broadcast cover crop seed in veg garden areas, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments.
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan next year’s garden, wishlist replenishments,
    Friendly February:
    20: Make a plan to connect with others and do something fun: stroll with T today, D on Monday.

Rita that’s some knitting! Especially like "the child." Lovely ice pics with blue sky background. You’ve got this job, no luck needed!
    Tina I’m smiling imagining you singing a happy tune while you clean. With me it would be a dirge ;}
    Allie Delighted you felt well enough to tackling the laundry and the stairs. Hope you were able to sleep well.
    Pip that looks like our fridge ;)
    Flea that is good news. Sounds like you have a champion in the provost. Loyalty oaths, SMH. If so many are after him about the same issue, wouldn’t it be easier to address the issue?
    Barbie ditto! And, unless it’s included in “water,” I’m a big fan of flush toilets… ;)
    Heather “sympathy strike” :laugh: Glad it was a short one!
    Kate I’ve done that too with some appointments, most recently with a strolling date with pals. I need to look at the calendar, take a deep breath and really LOOK again ;}
    Lisa good thinking! Hard way to raise your heart rate, though.

Time to sit a bit with Joe, then go back for second sleep.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    February: leaner/stronger/kinder than January.
    daily: sit with Joe: 20, weigh/wii: 19/13/45; steps>5627=5701, vits=18, log=19, CI<CO=15, CI<250<CO=10, Tumble=14 Shadow=14 mfp=19 outside=10 up hill=9
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rx=2 dance=1 clean 60 mins=1.75 packwalk=3, wt=1/31:141.3 2/7:142  2/14: 141.5 141.5 2/21: 2/28
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=5 , 21 plan= bonus: AF=10 play=16 sew= waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,048 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Lisa I have used old car mats to help me when I have gotten stuck in snow. I also keep kitty litter in my car to put in front of the tires if it is icy.

We have an incline driveway. I work the extra mile to keep it free of ice and snow for the very reason of what you went through. I have slipped on it a couple of times. No fun!

We are supposed to hit 40 on Tuesday!!!

Agree with Karen and Barbara. You thought your way out of the problem!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Lisa - Well done. Well done.

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

The IT community I work with and have attended uni with are divided on things like that. Some embrace all the new technologies. Others, like me, tend to shy away from them.

M in Oz

I have a couple of colleagues in IT one who introduced major stuff into IT in France, but though they both work in it, they also explore and are interested in resistance to IT in some areas. I don't really know the nuances of their positions, but i think it quite interesting and would be interested in knowing more.

I don't want Alexa in my home either.
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Job update below
    Everything is fine. I am such a worrier. We had a great discussion. There is just one dean who is upset, but not at me. He told the provost that he is a totalitarian dictator. Whatever. The provost told me to wait a few weeks and then to begin reaching out to the new direct reports, including the upset dean.

So it's all still on. The president is on a bit of a rampage and requiring a kind of loyalty pledge from the cabinet members, and that's partly my fault, but it also looks like many people have been after him about a similar issue, and he's just sick of it.

Life is so weird right now. The provost and I are both on campus. I can see his office window from my office window. We zoomed. :smiley:

It sounds like you are healing, Allie. Keep up the good work!

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

I'm glad things look like they are working out. Politics are weird. Same sort of things go on in my office.

M in Oz

Yes, me too, glad to read things worked out Flea. I can so relate about worrying about unclear messages and weird politics, which often turn out to be nothing, but there's no way to know.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    B)
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Lisa wins the thread for the best workout of the day!

I meant to comment on Pip's rug the other day. I had to take my iPad to the living room and compare because it looks so much like mine. It is different, but has all the same colors. So, of course I like it!

I need to work all day today so I'm keeping this short. Y'all have a good one.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    great work session this morning on union stuff.

the best workers in this area me and this one guy. I'm more knowledgeable in some areas, but he also has some real know-how and expertise and a reliable work ethic. and he can also correct my french writing :D

i had morning insomnia so started working really early on this stuff went for a walk and worked some more and then we had our 10-12ish work session : on phone for an hour, 45 min writing, each on our own, 15 min or so more to finish up and figure what next steps are. We should finalize
    -1 MAJOR letter today (just syntax and spelling correction).
    -2 MAJOR rough letters to send to wonderful lawyer this coming week for his point of view.
    -Solid draft in 1 KEY letter

It's been hard to find time to work of late due to busyness of many of us, so it's great when we are making steps forward.

now at 4pm, quick bop out to pick up new credit card number, drop off library book and get groceries. of late i go to shop and then they have free delivery (but you generally have to go to the store. it's great for getting bottles and water, etc, rather than lugging it 700 m back home and having to do all errands with a foldable shopping trolley. i thought i'd go to the park afterwards but i am wiped out!
    the 3 am wake up is not horrible in itself but at 4pm it's less fun! :D

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,534 Member
    Options
    e23h53p39wrg.jpeg
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,067 Member
    Options

February Alphabet Challenge:

1. A - Aerobic Dance video: 2. B - I had to exercise in my bedroom today as it was bucketing with rain.
    3. C - I did some chair yoga today.
    4. D - Dawdled to our local park.
    5. E - Endurance circuit
    6. F - 2 sets of 10 seconds of forward lunges, front raises, fire hydrant side leg raises, fast feet, and forward bends.
    7. G - Generosity - I was generous to DH today and went out with him for a walk, despite it being bitterly cold.
    di4qfvlweo31.jpg
    8 H - Walked to the Hawe Road roundabout and out into the countryside, past a local farm with a pedigree Angus herd .
    9. I - Interval training today.
    10. J - We got our appointments for our vaccine jabs on 10 Feb.
    11. K - Walked past Knightsbridge to Kilmaine and home again.
    12. Free day
    13. L - We went for a walk along the Belfast Lockshore today. Met my daughter walking one of her dogs.
    14. M - I started today with a mindfulness meditation It was very relaxing.
    15. N - I did a selection of stretching exercises for my neck during my yoga practice today.
    16. O - 30 minutes of circuits today targeting my oblique muscles. Let's hope I don't feel the burn after that.
    17. P - after my physio today I did several sets of push-ups and a short Pilates workout.
    18. Q - I did a legs workout targeting my quad muscles
    19. R - I worked on regular progression in strength exercises by increasing the repetitions I perform.
    20. S - This morning I subscribed to a series on YouTube of exercises for seniors. I have already done two of them. https://youtu.be/Hfdajt9lWFo https://youtu.be/up6_0bYtxqA
    21. T -
    22. U -
    23. V -
    24. W -
    25. Free day
    26. X -
    27. Y -
    28. Z -

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Pip: Nice refrigerator! It is always nice to have extra refrigerator space, and that looks pristine. :bigsmile:

Okie in TX: I’ve been watching the Weather Channel. One of my longtime friends is living with her son in TX just now. They’ve managed to keep from freezing, the last I heard. I hope you’re all able to get warm soon. :star:

Barbie: Electricity, water and heat are on my gratitude list, too. :flowerforyou:

Kate UK: The protocol for vaccination here was medical and teachers first, then other essential workers. We are low on the list. :grumble:

Lisa: Did you just call yourself a peanut? I’m delighted you succeeded in the shopping melee and ended up safe at home. I count that a big WIN. :wink:

Our snowfall has nearly melted away. We are warm and safe at home. Our adult kids are safe, and so are the grandchildren. I am thankful.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,733 Member
    Options
    Rita - Substitute teaching is a good idea to bring in some extra money. The young lady I worked with left our full time job for a sub position and can work 3 days and make more than she did with us.

Tina - a lot of our staff had reactions like your husbands for the second vaccine. Around 75 of our staff were vaccinated and I would say about 20 had those side effects and another 25 or so had headache, sore arm.

Barbara - On the to my daughter’s home yesterday, I saw a lady walking her dogs “down to the power line” I caught her just as she was turning around to head back. She had two big husky looking pure white dogs. It was a pretty picture in the snow.

Allie - My MIL lost a considerable amount of weight after her two heart surgeries. She went from a size 22 to size 12. She didn’t tell me the weight, just the sizes. She said it took her a good year before she started feeling “like herself” again.

Pip - I know so many who have spare fridges. It is quite useful for sales. I don’t have one.

Flea - glad to read the job worries are working out.

Okie - it is thawing here too, it reached +1 yesterday, such a change from the last couple of weeks.

Heather - “sympathy strike” made me giggle.

Kate - our government came out with a road map to getting things opened too, basically it’s a stall until Spring/summer when we can gather outside comfortably again we’ll be allowed to have company.

Lisa - I laughed and read your story about getting back to your carport to my husband. I admire your ingenuity at using the tools you had on hand. Of course, we have winter tires, shovels, traction sand and everything else at our disposal. We don’t have a grade to worry about but we both grew up with graded driveways and understand your issue. I remember my Dad using ashes out of the stove and kitty litter for traction.

Terri - I like how you have completed the alphabet challenge so far.
    I may try this once I get the go ahead from physio.

We have a Google Nest in our house because I won it at work. We only have 3 outlets connected to it. Rodger swore he would never have one in the house but he interacts with it more than me. He told it off the other day when it couldn’t find the answer to the question he was asking, Google responded with, “I’m sorry you are feeling upset”. I feel funny asking it things and just search on my phone.

I had my first hair trim since last June yesterday it feels so nice and fresh now, also the grey is all gone. After my hair was done Kaitlyn and her friend took their dogs for a long walk. I stayed at the house read my Dolly Parton book while listening to Kenny Rogers and Johnny Cash albums on her record player. It was so nice and I think I may ask For a record player for Christmas.

After Kaitlyn finished her friends hair we went outside and had a fire. It was a beautiful relaxing evening. I used the electric throw blanket to cover my chair and found it very warm. I was careful as I was worried about my back but it doesn’t seem to be any worse than it has been.
    a2na16o3h94r.jpeg

Today after physio we are going to buy some wood from a guy for Rodger to build some things with. It is a bit of a drive. So it will be nice to be out.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,067 Member
    Options
    Page 57
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm hibernating. Must move more.

Annie in Delaware, still fighting the daily battle with those cookies.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,694 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Yup i am impatient... i want to feel better now.. but i did sleep pretty well last night even after 2 naps during the day... i haven't taken the tramadole the last couple nights and just tylenol with some melatonin.. only thing is ,I sleep for an hr or so then wake up and cant get back to sleep,i got up and did the dishes in the sink ,and then came back and laid down again... i did wake up 3-4 times but luckily i was able to fall back asleep.
    I spend most of the day laying in bed watching TV but do get up and do things that need to be done.. if im tired ill try and just take a short nap,so that ill be able to sleep at night..
    My DD is stopping at Walgreens to pick
    My scripts up.. bless her.. It drives me crazy to have to rely on people..
    Monday have telemed appt with surgeon,going to ask when i can drive and if he did the paperwork for disability for me..
    He is leaving the Practice and moving out of state.. so he did my surgeries and is flyin the coop.
  • Katla49
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Regarding winter driving—we bought a big plastic box of kitty litter. It travels with us in winter driving conditions. If we get into a slick situation, we sprinkle kitty litter on the ground in front of our tires. It has been useful. We also carry chains as a backup if conditions are harsh.
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Barbara - I do not sing a happy tune when I clean. If I have music on, I might sing along once in a while (not normally), but cleaning is not a happy event for me. I am usually some combo of all the other months. :smiley:

Volunteer experience - I volunteered at a COVID vaccination center for the past two days. I have learned a lot and it's been a good experience. I recommend when you're making your appointment, ensure your name and birthdate are correct and match the ID you use to travel. Here, they email you a record of your vaccine that you can print and carry with you. I doubt having the vaccine will be mandatory to travel, but I think it'll be easier to get through the travel process if you have the record with you.

Taking it easy today. The mister got his 2nd dose on Thursday and is not quite up to snuff yet today, but is much better.

Tina in CA
  • Katla49
    Options
    Regarding vaccine—we have no definite appointment day. We had a target date, but it may or may not work out. They're having challenges in getting the vaccine supply that is needed. I'm not a happy camper about this. I see posts from people here who were vaccinated weeks ago, and without so much obvious stress and lack of vaccine. I have been a fan of the governor on other issues, but this "rollout" is not making me happy.

Katla
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Regarding vaccine—we have no definite appointment day. We had a target date, but it may or may not work out. They're having challenges in getting the vaccine supply that is needed. I'm not a happy camper about this. I see posts from people here who were vaccinated weeks ago, and without so much obvious stress and lack of vaccine. I have been a fan of the governor on other issues, but this "rollout" is not making me happy.

Katla

They had issues getting one of the vaccine supplies here and cancelled all appointments for doses of it for yesterday, today, and probably through Thursday or Friday. It caused quite a mess with registrations, especially for second doses. I think the county just tossed out the processes quickly, without much thought, to get going and they are adjusting as they go along. The software for registration leaves A LOT to be desired.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    Its Saturday, I scrubbed my body from face to feet with a walnut/ coconut sugar scrub. Then used my Castilian Kirk's soap bar, and after I got out of the shower, still dripping, I rub coconut oil on myself. Its like a mini spa day, brought to myself by ME! 😁. I used a stone on my feet, then put on thick creamy foot lotion, and socks! I dried my hair just so, and plucked some chin hairs.😂😂. So that's been my morning. Thinking of making a big salad with:
    Hardboiled eggs
    Lettuce
    Red onions
    Bacon
    Pickled beets
    Onions
    Some cooked shrimp
    Thousand island dressing
    I know right??? Heaven huh? For dessert I will have coffee, with some of my Apple fritter donut.💖
    Everyone have a good day!
    Hugs!
    Rebecca
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    In Delaware, my parents are still on a waiting list for vaccinations. For me, I have to wait until the over 65 group is done, which could be many weeks yet. My sister's family in Tennessee got theirs. It seems pretty random.

Today I'm just glad for basic utilities.

Annie in Delaware