WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2021

Options

Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Vicki ~ I was given the HIV test a couple of years ago. Evidently, since I am a child of the 60's & 70's they think there is a possibility people of that generation could be infected. I wasn't LOL. :)

I do not sing as I clean! :D

Made a huge pot of very beefy vegetable soup for my son's family today along with a chocolate cake and ice cream. Granddaughter helped make a pan of cornbread to go with the soup. It was a very relaxing luncheon and fun to be with them.

Carol in GA
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,199 Member
    Options
    I'm lying on the sofa luxuriating in the heat. :D I appreciate it so much more now.
    Spent the evening watching Place In The Sun, about buying houses in Italy and Spain. Then watched a programme on Crete. So I've been virtual travelling. Lovely! Once upon a time my dream was a house in France. Nowadays I'd much rather rent a holiday house and let someone else have all the bother. Plus I don't want to actually live permanently anywhere other than Hove. :D But we both like to watch the programmes together and talk about our dream house abroad. We usually agree.

Flea - That sounds like a very important position you are after. I hope you get it. <3

We are forecast a warm weekend with winds from the south. :o What a change! Our daffodils are out in the front garden.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,534 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 33min 37sec, 86ahr, 106mhr, 3.40ap, 5.33mi= 479c
    Strava app = 646c
    Other- 1hr 22min 21sec, work on home= 380c

Total cal 859
  • pipcd34
    Options
    NOTHWR good score from OfferUp, a garage spare fridge for $50 and will deliver for an extra $25
    nm729qxfh8by.png
    r4i3cu06q7hd.png
    hpragslt4z4v.png
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    One more cold night here and then we should be out of the woods for pipes breaking. Things started thawing out today. Sun was out and it got up to 35F. We were finally able to leave the house and I got a lovely big salad!!

Our last 1099 dropped today so I finished our taxes and have them ready for a final review in a couple of days. I like to walk away and then go through everything start to finish to be sure I didn’t miss anything.

Okie in the (thawing) TX Hill Country
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,849 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I should have been born in December or February!

qq0ttr6ii43s.png

I'm a May baby..... that sounds about right for me! Bahahaha!

I too do the timer for 15 minutes thing. That was something that I recently read about and started doing. I'm in and out of the kitchen most of the day, so it's easy to just keep it clean as I go. I just OFTEN have to come around behind DH and wipe up excess water or crumbs that he leaves on the counter. I spot-clean the oven and fridge "as needed".

I'm having a "surprise" dinner tomorrow night (Saturday) for Jim's birthday. Surprise because he doesn't know about it yet. So I've been cleaning the house this week either before he gets up or while he is out for his walk. I cleaned out the fireplace, dusted, and mopped the kitchen floor at 7am this morning! Lol. I'm making prime rib tomorrow and he's requested a chocolate "ding dong" cake. 2 other couples are coming and they are each bringing a side dish (a potato dish and a salad). After dinner we will all play Mexican Train.

I did this same thing a couple of years ago for his birthday and the Alexa thingamabob that we have in the house evidently told him (during the day while I was out) that the Wait's and the Heinze's were coming over that night because I had it on my google calendar. I didn't know that Alexa was reading him everything that was on my google calendar every morning (which typically was not a problem). When I came home that afternoon he asked, "why are the Wait's and the Heinze's coming over tonight?" I just looked at him....trying to figure out how he knew and if I should lie to him! :smiley: I finally just asked, "how do you know that?" and he said "Alexa told me!"

I've since disconnected my google calendar from the Alexa. :smiley:

Pip : the floor looks terrific! Your new place seems to be coming along nicely!

Tracey : I'm sorry to hear about your friends mom. Thanks for sharing your story.

:heart: Teresa in OH

I think Alexa is a bit toooo nosey- the other night she told me that I needed to replace the yellow ink cartridge in my Cannon printer because it was low and asked if I wanted to order more.
    Yes, it needed to be replaced, already had extras here.

Ok, Have a great weekend everyone- Heading up to mom's until Monday morning.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

I won't have an Alexa (or similar) in my house.

The IT community I work with and have attended uni with are divided on things like that. Some embrace all the new technologies. Others, like me, tend to shy away from them.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Job update below
    Everything is fine. I am such a worrier. We had a great discussion. There is just one dean who is upset, but not at me. He told the provost that he is a totalitarian dictator. Whatever. The provost told me to wait a few weeks and then to begin reaching out to the new direct reports, including the upset dean.

So it's all still on. The president is on a bit of a rampage and requiring a kind of loyalty pledge from the cabinet members, and that's partly my fault, but it also looks like many people have been after him about a similar issue, and he's just sick of it.

Life is so weird right now. The provost and I are both on campus. I can see his office window from my office window. We zoomed. :smiley:

It sounds like you are healing, Allie. Keep up the good work!

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

I'm glad things look like they are working out. Politics are weird. Same sort of things go on in my office.

M in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,337 Member
    Options
    Did HIIT today. Will probably do a yoga DVD tomorrow.

Good thoughts being sent to everyone dealing with heating problems

M – boy, is your chart accurate. Vince is definitely “organized chaos”

Lisa – how I hope you didn’t have COVID.

Being on time: when I worked in PA, we had to have our classes start on time. If your class was to start at 9, the most you could be late starting was at 9:02. In NC a 9:00 class typically starts around 9:10. That was hard for me to get used to

Katla – that’s great about your friend

Flea – (((HUG))). Trust God has a plan whatever it is. And it’s always the right plan

Deb CA – safe travels

Vicki – I’ve never heard of such blood tests. If you weren’t told they’d be done, you should not have to pay. I’d fight it.

Went to see a friend down here that I met at the Y a few years ago. She recommended I get some strawberries since they are in season. I had to go to Aldi after I left her house and got some. They are very good

I only use the Hey Google to add things to my shopping list. Vince will ask it a question (what is the weather) and sometimes have it play a radio station. But that’s IT

Allie – great that you can find the silver lining (losing weight) in your situation. Take care of yourself

Michele now in FL
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options

barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Electricity, water, and internet were on my gratitude list today. I don't ever want to take those things for granted.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

I love you, Barbie!! <3

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    ❤️🔵🟠💜
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Barbie: Internet, electricity & water are at the top of my list. :bigsmile: I am tired. I plan to stop in tomorrow and catch up with everyone. :star:. Katla
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Yyyyyyy
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,199 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Barbie - How right you are! I always add to that a warm, comfortable bed and a roof over my head.
    The Texas and other states temperatures have been on our news a lot. It was strange, because we were watching it at lunchtime, and saying how awful it was for so many people, when our boiler stopped working! It came out on a sympathy strike! :D
    Flea - Congratulations. :p<3 Are you going to celebrate?

Newspaper day today. No writing. My antibodies to the virus are now around 85%, according to some studies. Or more, according to others. Well, I'm not about to go to an illegal rave, but it's a good feeling. Very grateful. :)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    hcj3iblsflbl.png
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I like to be on time, but notice as I’m getting older I get appointment times wrong. Yesterday I had a zoom session and was convinced it was 4-5pm, logged on at 4. It was from 3-4, it was a game playing session and it carried on for another 30 mins. I didn’t even check, even as I clicked the link which clearly said 3pm. I’ve done it with hairdressing appointments too. All’s well that ends well, they forgave me and I had some time to chat etc.
    Note to self- double check times 😀😀

Really sorry for folks in Texas suffering power outages, must be horrendous.

Well Monday our PM is going to announce a ‘road map’ to get us out of this latest lockdown. We’ll await this with not too much excitement. Seems the only thing they’ve got right is the vaccination programme and think they would have been better vaccinating the younger, working people first as we oldies were not going out and about anyway.

I went out with DH yesterday for some shopping, probably not classed as essential, flower seeds and bulbs, new bulb for outside light, batteries and printer paper. Enjoyed change of scene.

Stay safe and warm

Kate UK ❤️