Women 200lb+, Let's Keep On Fighting This February!!!

Options

Replies

• ksimpson02
    ksimpson02 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HI! first time posting. January was good to me. We started a "Biggest Loser" 12 week competition at work. we contribute $5/week and if we all combined loose 1% work puts in $50 for each week. My journey started 9 years back when i turned 40, had lap band surgery. SW 327 down to 218. over the years I have gained some (I struggle between 230 and 255) I am down 25 lbs since January 4th doing Keto and IF.

February Goals:
    change up at home exercises,
    1-2 days at gym per week (in addition to 2 Bags classes a week)

SW 255 (2021)
    CW 228
    GW 199.999999999 (been 35 years since I was under 200)

Very excited to join the group!
  • WasteNotWench
    WasteNotWench Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Mid month check in
    Height (5’6”-7)
    SW 240
    Last weeks weight (08/Feb) 239
    This weeks weight (15/Feb) 236 (-3lb)

--

Goal for next week: 235
    UGW 180

----

This week's goals
    - Walk 7000 steps a day
    - 400 intensity minutes
    - Lose a pound
    - Track everything!

----

Valentines day was difficult for me this weekend. Boyfriend had 4 days off so I couldn't do my exercise really (maybe I could have, but it's awkward when you have company that wants to snuggle and watch movies lol). This week I'm hoping to make up for it by pushing myself to do at least 7000 steps a day and being extra judicious in my tracking. I'm really motivated to want to lose the weight now. I'm having a lot of anxiety surrounding Covid at the moment and I know I would feel a lot better with a lower BMI!
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    @wanderinglight that story about Patches has warmed my heart! Self confessed crazy cat lady here (and all round animal lover) so I love the efforts you went to. Hope kitty is ok, as well as all the local wildlife and livestock, and you of course!

@_Joistick hello down there! You know I've still not made it to Wexford. I moved over in Jan 2020 from London - husband is Irish and I love this country and the people. So many counties still to explore! I'm a sucker for Cork (we got married in Kinsale) so I must try to broaden my horizons. As for TOM, yep I get a week's plateau usually. But it does start moving again.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    @angief05 congrats to your daughter and her fiancé!

We have a screened-in front porch that the cats like to hang out on, and one of the screens has come loose, as the younger cat so helpfully pointed out to us by making it worse yesterday evening. So, today I'm being inundated with snapchats of our cats sulking by the front door, just incensed that they're being cruelly deprived of porch time. Hopefully hubs doesn't get called in to clinic today and has time to fix it. It's not difficult, just time-consuming.
  • AchievinMyDream
    AchievinMyDream Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Happy February Everyone! I am starting a little late but I hope we can do every month together!! I just returned and looking to add some friends so please add me if you like! I am so disgusted with myself at this point. I had lost a lot of weight and got too happy before I had reached my goal weight and got lazy about keeping track. I was maintaining for a good 2 years without trying and then I start hurting all over and became inactive instead of pushing through it. Now I am almost to where I started in the first place. I will not quit this time no matter what!

Height: 5’7-used to be 5’8? Shrinking!?
    Original SW: 216.8# Oct. 2016
    Lowest Weight: 163# in May 2017.
    SW this time: 209.4# February 12,2021
    GW: 137#
    Feb Goal: 5.4# 204
    Feb 14,2021 208
    Feb 21,2021
    Feb 28, 2021
    February Loss So Far: 1.4#

Goals for February:
    1. Stick to logging every day.
    2. Start doing yoga every day 20-30 minutes.
    3. Go to all my doctor appointments to find out what’s going on with pain issue. MS and RA ruled out so far. For sure Tarsal Tunnel of both feet. Still working on hip/back/arms/hands.
    4. Start drinking 2 bottles a day to replace Coke Zero.
    5. Find other ways to exercise besides walking that I will enjoy.
    6. Start deep cleaning my house.
    7. Earn my rings on Apple Watch everyday. 400move/15exercise/12stand

Hope to make friends to lean on one another and be accountable to!!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    @KeriA I know nothing about cats at all but I am pretty sure Patches is completely feral. I've tried to open the door a few times or leave a trail of food to come in or get close to her but she won't come close to me at all. She actually disappeared for two nights and I was heartbroken. I found paw prints in the snow and then nothing for two days. This was the night that had a -21 wind chill, so I was sure she didn't survive. Then ten minutes ago I found her hiding in the tool shed!! It's usually locked and I have no idea how she got in there but I was so relieved.

Out of curiosity, how did you get your wild cat to become and indoor / outdoor cat?
  • AchievinMyDream
    AchievinMyDream Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    @KeriA I know nothing about cats at all but I am pretty sure Patches is completely feral. I've tried to open the door a few times or leave a trail of food to come in or get close to her but she won't come close to me at all. She actually disappeared for two nights and I was heartbroken. I found paw prints in the snow and then nothing for two days. This was the night that had a -21 wind chill, so I was sure she didn't survive. Then ten minutes ago I found her hiding in the tool shed!! It's usually locked and I have no idea how she got in there but I was so relieved.

Out of curiosity, how did you get your wild cat to become and indoor / outdoor cat?

First is first. You could keep it in the tool shed for a week or more depending on the cat. Give it food and water a bed and a litter box. Each day just go in and sit next to the food after you put food in the bowl and talk softly to the kitty. As each day goes it should be more comfortable with you. When it start coming close to you don’t reach out and touch it, let it come to you and learn your scent etc. once it starts to eat when you are sitting there you can gently give it a few pets. Once it realizes it loves the feeling of it you will have made a friend and you can go can go from there. If it’s truly feral it may take a bit.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    @angief05 congrats to your daughter and her fiancé!

We have a screened-in front porch that the cats like to hang out on, and one of the screens has come loose, as the younger cat so helpfully pointed out to us by making it worse yesterday evening. So, today I'm being inundated with snapchats of our cats sulking by the front door, just incensed that they're being cruelly deprived of porch time. Hopefully hubs doesn't get called in to clinic today and has time to fix it. It's not difficult, just time-consuming.

Our cats are throwing a similar tantrum about being excluded from the three-season porch. Because it's 12 degrees and feels like -5. And they are not 100 pound sled dogs! They should curl up in the warmth here. But nooo...

Of course, if I opened the flap, they'd all go out there and come back in five minutes later because it's COLD and they don't LIKE it. And they'd then have to go check about every thirty minutes to see if it was summer yet. And meanwhile freezing air is leaking into the room where my desk is. Nope.

• VickyEltonGreen
    VickyEltonGreen Posts: 116 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    ama3387 wrote: »
    I’m starting back over... weighted myself since just before lock down last March and I'm just so upset! So I am starting again

5’5” 33 year old woman
    Starting weight 275.6
    Current weight 273.0
    Goal weight 175.0
    Resets are hard for sure but so glad your back now. This last year has so challenging for so many people. One day at a time , you aren't alone, we are all in this together. You've got this!!!!

• ama3387
    ama3387 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    ama3387 wrote: »
    I’m starting back over... weighted myself since just before lock down last March and I'm just so upset! So I am starting again

5’5” 33 year old woman
    Starting weight 275.6
    Current weight 273.0
    Goal weight 175.0
    Resets are hard for sure but so glad your back now. This last year has so challenging for so many people. One day at a time , you aren't alone, we are all in this together. You've got this!!!!

I really have to keep reminding myself 1 day at a time. And no amount of obsession is going to make me lose it faster.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    @KMC55 good progress! I don't know what kind of wild time you had on 2/6+7, but unless you overshot your budget by 15,000 or so calories since your 2/3 weigh-in, those 4lbs that showed up on 2/10 weren't fat. Water is a nosy binch that likes to get in our business and block our view of what's happening, but we're not trying to lose water, we're trying to lose fat. Trust the process, stay under budget and you'll see results. Water's gonna be how it do.

• jennordhavn
    jennordhavn Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    2/16
    1. Track everything ✅
    2. 55-70+ G protein ✅ (exceeded at 83 g)
    3. 50 - 75 net carbs ✅ (32 g)
    4. 1,200 - 1,300 calories ❌ (1,165)
    5. 64 oz water/decaf liquids ✅ (72 oz)
    For the month:
    6. Lose 5 pounds ❌ (0.4 so far)

My body is being stubborn and I feel like I’m making no progress for Feb. I keep going up and down the same few pounds. Frustrating.

SW: 209.8
    CW: 209.4
    GW: 204.8
  • Spotteddingo
    Spotteddingo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    @VickyEltonGreen

"the gym at my college a note posted above the scale it read... this scale does not measure all the other things about you like your beauty, courage and all the other things that make you you. "

I love this! Thank you for sharing.