Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What can you not let go of?

Replies

• GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    I have a hard time letting go of:

1. Like @_sw33tp3a_11, my ancient hair dryer (25yrs). It really needs to be recycled at this point. I also have a curling iron that I've had for about 30yrs which still works perfectly fine except that I curl my hair maybe twice a year.
    2. Old clothes that don't fit in one way or another. From fat clothes to skinny clothes to clothes that otherwise fit except for my arms or shoulders to shoes that I have worn the heels beyond repair.
    3.Things that people say or did that changed the way that I see or know them. Like if they made a racist or sexist remark or belittled someone less fortunate.
    4. I also have a very hard time forgiving people for grievous acts. ex: I haven't spoken directly to my sister in two years because of something she said/did to my kids.

• CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    My size 6 Levis. :( I'm not sure why except for maybe some of the wonderful memories I have from that time. :/

LEVI’S ARE GOLD

Never get rid of them

Or if you do, give them to me and I’ll add them to my pile of clothes that are too small for me 😬
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    let's see.... I can't part with old albums or CDs, but then again.... why should I ?

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    3.Things that people say or did that changed the way that I see or know them. Like if they made a racist or sexist remark or belittled someone less fortunate.
    4. I also have a very hard time forgiving people for grievous acts. ex: I haven't spoken directly to my sister in two years because of something she said/did to my kids.

These for me as well. Once you've been blacklisted, it's near impossible to get back on my good side.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,074 Member
    ankle monitors
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    let's see.... I can't part with old albums or CDs, but then again.... why should I ?

Can I have your led zeppelin cds? 😏

Which copies?

I have digital masters & remastered vinyl, plus some original vinyl (which sounds pretty amazing)

c'mon over; we'll give them a spin.
  • kamala1012
    kamala1012 Posts: 27 Member
    My alarm clock. It hasn't let me down one single time since 1983.

Should I go ahead and tell the boss that I'll be late tommorow? 🤔
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    89rvm2r56x76.gif

NOT THA MOMMA!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited February 2021
    Oooh corn dogs. Homemade though. :)
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,121 Member
    Diet mt dew - and most recently the watermelon my dew zero.
  • dsc84
    dsc84 Posts: 208 Member
    Energy Drinks- I don't drink them like I did as a kid but there always seems to be one in my hand to start my day with.
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Old purses. I always just stuff the old one away like I’m going to use it ever again or actually clean it out. 😅
    I’m actually doing something new atm where I’ve bought the new purse but it’s the one hanging out in my closet while I stroll around with my worn out purse.
  • ExpressoLove11
    ExpressoLove11 Posts: 337 Member
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    Old purses. I always just stuff the old one away like I’m going to use it ever again or actually clean it out. 😅
    I’m actually doing something new atm where I’ve bought the new purse but it’s the one hanging out in my closet while I stroll around with my worn out purse.

I do exactly this 😂
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Old letters and cards from my babies. It's nice to read them when you're dealing with a tough teen who "hates" you for doing/saying the right things.

In a few years you'll appreciate me, I promise. Mommy hearts are always in the right place, regardless if you can't see it right now.

I have saved all my bday, anniversary, christmas... all the cards I get from my husband or kiddo. I date them on the back and I keep them in a keepsake box. I don't know why I do this but I always have. And I have tons of these boxes all over the place with all kinds of stuff in them. I have one that has all of the linen handkerchiefs and milk glass salt cellars I inherited from my grandmother. Some have things that my daughter made for me when she was a kid like macaroni necklaces and hand print pics. There is one that has my hospital bracelets and ultrasound pics of my babies that didn't make it. I just cannot let go of this stuff.