What can you not let go of?

Replies

• Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Before high school, I finally got the nerve to ask a girl for a date, for the first time. Her response was, “Oh I would but you’re too short and kinda fat. Thanks though”.... that *kitten* has stuck with me to this day. I still believe her words to be true.

Similar experience - a guy I had a crush on for years told my girlfriend he " wouldn't touch my fat *kitten* with a 10 foot pole." Well, that was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Lost 50 lbs in 6 months, spiraled into an eating disorder and nearly lost my life.

Silver lining - ran into said guy a few years later at bar and he couldn't put a name to my face - I looked like a completely different person. Long story short - bought him a drink and he apologized for the hurt he had caused without me even saying a word about it. Proceeded to tell me what a "beautiful girl" I was...yadda yadda.

*Huggies*

ETA - much like you I still see an overweight person when I look in the mirror

I’m sorry 😞
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Has anyone said mfp? 😬
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Some of the posts here are tugging my heart today. Hugs to all for the hurts that have hurt you. No matter how hard individual challenges have been, they've worked together to create the person you are today. You(many of you here!) should be proud of how strong, kind, courageous, and compassionate you are. <3<3
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Has anyone said mfp? 😬

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47dsxk8avv47px5a39xm8ut100r25v7u92kbvfucpf&rid=giphy.gif
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Has anyone said mfp? 😬

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47dsxk8avv47px5a39xm8ut100r25v7u92kbvfucpf&rid=giphy.gif

I knew it was just meee!! 😭
  • rterm
    rterm Posts: 13 Member
    I love Trader Joes ultra chocolate ice cream. Truth is I've always been crazy about chocolate in almost any form (chocolate bars, chocolate cake, etc..). But I was eating a cup/day until a month or so ago, when I cut back to reduce my weight. I only had a tsp/day of it for the last 5 weeks, and with my other food reductions, and exercise regimen I'm closing in on my target weight of 175 lbs. for my 5' ll' foot frame.
  • Kiymeara
    Kiymeara Posts: 55 Member
    ~COFFEE~
  • ExpressoLove11
    ExpressoLove11 Posts: 337 Member
    I was told regularly by someone I was not worthy of love or kindness and I struggle to let go of that narrative.

Give me a name... 👇🏽
    I will punch them out for you! 💞

You got my back pineapple daddy 😏🍍
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Kiymeara wrote: »
    ~COFFEE~

Me too...
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Sadly I have way too many things I can't let go of...some good, some not good. One is cards. I have kept every single card I've ever been given my entire life. My dad will send a birthday card and a Christmas card each year. I don't see him often; last time I saw him was a year and a half ago. Anyway he writes cards that make me cry every time I read them. However, they almost always say the same thing...I love you with all of my heart and I am so proud of you.... Regardless no card from anyone has ever made it into the trash. Never...
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    I was told regularly by someone I was not worthy of love or kindness and I struggle to let go of that narrative.

Give me a name... 👇🏽
    I will punch them out for you! 💞

You got my back pineapple daddy 😏🍍

th?id=OGC.c3c60bc5b16fab4bdaa8dac769261908&pid=Api&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.giphy.com%2fmedia%2f10osILvZ4ez7ws%2fgiphy.gif&ehk=l19kO87B9uyZ5J5TtxP4Dx1dMWkGLMEWbTHs%2fjV%2bweE%3d

💞💞
  • 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member
    CacoEther wrote: »
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    CacoEther wrote: »
    A long time ago a guy I liked rejected me and told me I had a ‘butter face’. It’s amazing how frequently that still comes to mind. I can’t seem to let it go.

Fwiw you’re totally not a butter face - you were prolly just funnier than him - some dudes don’t like that - 🤷‍♂️

You flatter me

Which means I won’t remember your comments at all in a week’s time. Insult me though, those I keep forever 😜

wqzc6wdhidhz.jpg
  • 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member
    My lacy underalls <3
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Back in 2015... my friend and I were making our way into Marshall’s, and coming out was this lady who randomly asked us
    “are you two sisters” we just said no and continued walking.

Till this day we regret not asking WHY?