Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 141

Replies

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,781 Member
    @SheilaBoneham

Like @UTMom81 , I can't wait to see more pics of your garden this year. I loved seeing the bright colors used in all your newest projects. I need some inspiration when deciding on landscaping in my new home here in Northern Michigan. You inspire.....
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,036 Member

🌱🌷💝💘☯️💘💝🌷🌱
    🌱🌷💝FEBRUARY💝🌷🌱
    🌱🌷💝💘☯️💘💝🌷🌱

tzrirdr94e0r.jpg

Love for myself: Eat well under Goal, and get my exercise in.
    Love for others: Following Covid guidelines to drive down transmission rates
    qufdyxg19a5g.png[/
    Looking forward: You are not stuck at home.
    You are SAFE at home. One word can change your attitude
    ☠️One cough can change your life☠️
    😷Take care! Stay safe!😷

February focus: improving stamina, strength, flexibility, which may impact the scale

Aims:
    2021 Focus:
    • Maintain weight < 150
    • Strengthen strategies to reframe the tendency to use unhealthy snack food as a reward/treat.
    • Make sure I have prepared healthy snacks available
    • Cut down on eating between meals by keeping busy

Never give up! Never give in!
    Recent Back Story:
    • 2018 goal: get back down to 160 ✅
    • 2019 goal: proceed down to 150 ✅ with 2 months to spare
    • 2020 goal: maintain below 150 dropping slowly down to 145 ✅ Strength training has slowed progress, but that’s okay.
    • That's a WIN in my book!
    [*] 2021
    [*] Focus: maintenance! I might even manage to lose a bit more ever so slowly.
    [*] (One good thing about Covid is that I don't have to traverse the minefield of family celebration meals.)
    JGM10D ~|~ Round 141
    cuwtg51y7r58.jpg

🔹Posting weight and comments each evening.
    🔹Age 74;🔹Height 5’2”🔹Female🔹
    🔹SW: 227lbs (Mar 2014)
    🔹1 Aug 2019: 171.1
    🔹GW 2019: < 155 ✅
    🔹GW: 2020: <150✅
    🔹31 Dec: 145.8
    🔹1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    🔷24 Jan: 143.8
    🔹LW: 143.8 (Jan 2021)
    🔹Focus: maintain<150
    I am MINDFUL of making heathy choices
    to MAXIMISE the achievement of my goals!
    ==============================
    Giving up is NOT an option! I KNOW I am doing this!
    Round 140 EW: 144.9
    Round 141 Goal: Maintain < 150

==============================
    • 11/02: DNW: Goals 🌟 Feeling under the weather today.
    • 12/02: 144.4: Goals 🌟Back on form.
    • 13/02: 144.8: Goals 🌟
    • 14/02: xxx: Goals
    • 15/02: xxx: Goals
    • 16/02: xxx: Goals
    • 17/02: xxx: Goals
    • 18/02: xxx: Goals
    • 19/02: xxx: Goals
    • 20/02: xxx: Goals
    • Round 135 EW 146.8🌻
    • Round 120 EW 150.1🌻
    • Round 110 EW 148.2🌻
    • Round 109 EW 147.2🌻
    • June 2017: Round 8 SW 162; EW 169.9 This was my first round!!! I faffed about for 2 1/2 years before I got back on track!!!
    Daily Goals
    Food
    🔹log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    Exercise:
    🔹7,500+ Steps daily
    🔹30 + minutes intentional exercise
    Mind/Body/Soul/Spirit
    🔹Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation
    🔹Practice Self-care
    🔹Positively reframe thoughts
    🔹Learn something new
    🔹15 mins Daily Declutter session

https://www.random.org/colors/hex
    Purple: #ff4968.
    569147nmlfkdnzlz.gif
    THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts which might give heart to some of you.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!

• SheilaBoneham
    SheilaBoneham Posts: 3,002 Member
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    @SheilaBoneham I love that your love of gardening comes through so beautifully in your book. I'm really enjoying it on many levels, but when you describe the plants (like in the scene at the church where the Janet goes to get her dog certified) it's like I can see them for myself. Just lovely! I remember last summer you taking pics of your gardens at home and sharing them with us. They, too, were lovely!

@UTMom81 Thank you so much — you made my day in so many ways with that! I’m actually in this first stages of developing a new mystery series in the “garden mysteries” genre, which is well populated, but there’s always room in the garden for one more. 🌼🌹🌸🌻🌺 Thank you for going to the trouble of finding my books — I’m sad that that series is out of print (the publisher went out of business, leaving lots of authors high and dry). You’ve inspired me to sit down and write!

I finished it today! I won't give it away, but that ending!!!!!!!!! :D

@UTMom81 Which book was it? Did you figure it out? Hope not!