My Slim Fast diet

Replies

• PixieKazza
    PixieKazza Posts: 48 Member
    I went through Slimfast a long time back and the problem is it has very little protein and high cals for that amount of liquid. If you switch it up to a Premier Protein with your morning coffee at least that can be a start, but if you eat whole foods in proper portions for the rest of the day then your body will get used to eating normal food within your calorie deficit and you'll get to have your protein drink too...but don't depend on just the liquid diet too much for long term results.

Thanks, it's for a couple of weeks on the high protein Vitality shakes, which actually means I'll get more than usual. They do seem to be more nutritonally balanced than the 'old' shakes.
  • PixieKazza
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    I have no weight to lose.
    I have no script to read.
    I have no sheep to follow.
    I have nothing to prove to you.
    I have no superiority complex (those are really inferiority complexes masked) to shove down your throat.

But what I do have is support to offer you... I could add that my mother was a very tiny person her entire life, still is, and she did drink Slim Fast. You do have my support! I wish you the very best!!!

Thank you, I am a tiny person and maintaining weight while enjoying life is very hard! So easy to put the weight on just with a few nice wines, treats etc which is why I'm where I am! I don't think many taller people get that.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    You've mentioned your partner a number of times. I just looked back at my weight logs and was horrified to realize how much weight I'd gained since moving in with my partner. This was due to being less active, cooking and eating differently, as well as emotional eating in 2016 and 2020. Glad you are doing something after only a seven pound gain :)

My partner keeps telling me that it's not my responsibility to cook for him, but a good part of me doesn't believe this. I should listen to him. For health reasons, I've changed how I eat recently. He hasn't seemed to notice we're not having red meat anymore and are having more fish ;)

During grilling season it will be simple enough for him to grill red meat for him, chicken or fish for me, and I'll make the sides as usual.

Before I lost my job due to COVID last year, I had worked from home since 2011. I found it easier to be active once I had created the habits and discipline to make this happen. If your partner wants a shorter walk, just keep going.

Can your partner put his snacks that tempt you up high, out of reach and out of sight? This helps me tremendously.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Another shot show, y'all have fun! Time for me to run...

OP, I wish you the best as you seem like a lovely person...!!!
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    PixieKazza wrote: »
    I have no superiority complex (those are really inferiority complexes masked) to shove down your throat.

But what I do have is support to offer you... I could add that my mother was a very tiny person her entire life, still is, and she did drink Slim Fast. You do have my support! I wish you the very best!!!

Thank you, I am a tiny person and maintaining weight while enjoying life is very hard! So easy to put the weight on just with a few nice wines, treats etc which is why I'm where I am! I don't think many taller people get that.

Anyone regardless of height has to balance calories in/calories out to control weight. You don't need as many calories, you don't eat that many calories. Nothing to "get".
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    PixieKazza wrote: »

Anyone regardless of height has to balance calories in/calories out to control weight. You don't need as many calories, you don't eat that many calories.

I'm 6'2", 205, I don't get to eat as much as a NFL linebacker unless I want to gain weight.

Nothing to "get".

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I used to take a slimfast (or store brand) chocolate shake in a can for breakfast with me to work. It was just so easy to grab and sip on through the morning. Slimfast also used to make some kind of chocolate peanut butter cookie bar that I remember liking... haven't found them recently. Never lost weight though... didn't cut back enough elsewhere I guess🤷‍♀️
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    J72FIT wrote: »
    33gail33 wrote: »
    I'm not familiar with Slim fast

hmmm

?
  • PixieKazza
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    You've mentioned your partner a number of times. I just looked back at my weight logs and was horrified to realize how much weight I'd gained since moving in with my partner. This was due to being less active, cooking and eating differently, as well as emotional eating in 2016 and 2020. Glad you are doing something after only a seven pound gain :)

My partner keeps telling me that it's not my responsibility to cook for him, but a good part of me doesn't believe this. I should listen to him. For health reasons, I've changed how I eat recently. He hasn't seemed to notice we're not having red meat anymore and are having more fish ;)

During grilling season it will be simple enough for him to grill red meat for him, chicken or fish for me, and I'll make the sides as usual.

Before I lost my job due to COVID last year, I had worked from home since 2011. I found it easier to be active once I had created the habits and discipline to make this happen. If your partner wants a shorter walk, just keep going.

Can your partner put his snacks that tempt you up high, out of reach and out of sight? This helps me tremendously.

Thanks for your comments, so sorry to hear you lost your job. Hope you find something soon! I definitely don't blame him, I'm in charge of my willpower after all! We usually live apart because of work, and see each other at weekends. We decided to live together while this pandemic was on otherwise we wouldn't see each other for months. As you know it's dragged on much longer than we thought it would. Same reasons as you for the weight gain. I've told him I'm going on a diet and explained why. I need to stop nicking his snacks, I managed before and can again. I've got into a rut and need to get out of it :-)
  • PixieKazza
    So there's a few comments from some judgy people...
    *Whatever diet I choose, initial weight loss will be water loss. I know that, but as others say it's the initial boost which spurs me on. At under 5' any extra pounds show up.
    *There's also a difference for taller people - maintenance calories for them can be 2000/2500 per day, that's in effect a meal more than the 1500 cals a day I can have. So smaller people have to restrict their diets more, whatever you 'experts' say. I'm not saying it isn't a struggle, but we're all different and I know what works for me. A larger person following a strict 1200cal diet is likely to lose weight faster because the calorie deficit is bigger.