Reason to smile today

Options

Replies

• Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    The gravel is finally laid & tamped in the driveway. The garage to greenhouse conversion made serious progress this week. I found some tampons I can live with. I had a dream my dog was a giant pig that wanted to sleep on my bed.

Someone is craving pigs in a blanket 🙈
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    The gravel is finally laid & tamped in the driveway. The garage to greenhouse conversion made serious progress this week. I found some tampons I can live with. I had a dream my dog was a giant pig that wanted to sleep on my bed.

Someone is craving pigs in a blanket 🙈

😂 I love when you tell dad jokes
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Was yesterday but forgot to post -

Was at braums with my daughter (16) getting some ice cream - what appeared to be a homeless fella walked in and was counting his change looking at the menu - she taps me on the shoulder and and whispers - dad buy his meal - so I asked what he’d like - he just wanted a burger fries and chocolate shake - so we hooked Floyd up - I’ve always told them if you can do something for someone help them out - guess she remembered-

I can't decide who I'm more proud of

I'mma hug you both 🤗🤗
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited September 2022
    Options

Was at braums with my daughter (16) getting some ice cream - what appeared to be a homeless fella walked in and was counting his change looking at the menu - she taps me on the shoulder and and whispers - dad buy his meal - so I asked what he’d like - he just wanted a burger fries and chocolate shake - so we hooked Floyd up - I’ve always told them if you can do something for someone help them out - guess she remembered-
    Your daughter is my new favorite person

Eta: & you’re up there too
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,228 Member
    Options

Great lesson and great daughter you have there. I've always tried to teach my boy to help out the homeless.
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    Options

This made me smile <3
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,043 Member
    Options
    I received a phone call with the most amazing news today. I've been waiting for this since I was little girl! Now it's on me to complete the final step. Honestly, I thought I had a year to get this news. It only took 2 months in my case *squeal* I'm so happyyyy 😃

Happy for you my friend
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I received a phone call with the most amazing news today. I've been waiting for this since I was little girl! Now it's on me to complete the final step. Honestly, I thought I had a year to get this news. It only took 2 months in my case *squeal* I'm so happyyyy 😃

Sounds big! Excited for you
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    a splash of half & half in my hot chocolate
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

and a lil bit of cinnamon
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,228 Member
    Options
    Lunch with friends
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

I am going to try this tomorrow
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options

Top it off with a splash of Kahlua
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

I’ll be at work😂
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options

I’ll be at work😂

Even better!
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

I’ll be at work😂

Even better!
    It would make the day more pleasant
  • OnlyPans
    OnlyPans Posts: 629 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I walk in the door from work. Wife sees me, smiles, says in her most innocent voice, "babe, I'm gonna need you to choke me a bunch tonight."

Ten awkward seconds go by. I'm just looking at her, incredulous and blank faced. The boy (20, sitting on the couch) is simultaneously smirking and terrified of what he's possibly learned about his mother.

"Ummm...sure, but why?" I say. I make shifty eyes toward the boy.

Boy starts laughing. He knows I know he knows.

"Stuff I learned in self defense class today and I need to practice my counters."

Boy laughs more. It will not be sexy fun times for Dad.

Or so he believes. Maybe.