WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2021

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    y7vrb8ynnaap.png

Today, 8 March, is the 'Eight Hours Day' public holiday.

This holiday celebrates the idea of 8 hours rest, 8 hours work, and 8 hours recreation.

How does your average day measure up?

Mine:

7 hours of rest
    17 hours of work

Could you imagine 8 hours of recreational time?? 😲 I can't even ...

Actually, now that I've finished that project at work, I'm probably more like 7 hours of rest (sleep), 15 hours of work, and maybe a couple hours each day where I can have a bit of fun exercising or something.

Machka in Oz
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    wow! so I get 7-8 hours of rest, probably 10 hours of work for pay, 1 hour of reading and then 6 hours of time that is house cleaning, personal hygiene including laundry, yard work, eating, business paper work, and some connection time with friends.

the idea of 8/8/8 is interesting but that assumes you can either call house cleaning/yard work/laundry recreation (NOT) or the work for pay is so well paid that you can work part time.... that's not realistic.

Kim in N. California
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,822 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    My day is close to that, I count from the time I get up until I get home the workday. I am not a morning person and prefer pacing around in the morning, so getting to work is work for me.
    So, 10 hours Work, 1 hour supper and cleaning, 5 hours recreation and the rest sleeping.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Machka9
    Options
    My day is close to that, I count from the time I get up until I get home the workday. I am not a morning person and prefer pacing around in the morning, so getting to work is work for me.
    So, 10 hours Work, 1 hour supper and cleaning, 5 hours recreation and the rest sleeping.

Tracey in Edmonton

From the time I get up in the morning - getting ready for work, until I return home is about 10.5 hours.
    Sleep is usually about 7 hours although I would like more.

For the past 6 years, I've spent my evenings doing homework, housework, and/or caring for my husband.
    Then I graduated ... but I had several things piled on which I had to take care of, till now.

Now it's just 10.5 hours of work, 7 hours of sleep, about an hour of exercise and 4-5 hours of house projects & husband caring stuff.

What do you do during your 5 hours of recreation?
    I'm at the point I can't imagine what I would do if there weren't a long list of things I needed to do.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Beth))) I am so sorry for your loss. ❤️💔❤️
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    [

Does the place just sit empty 11 months of the year ... or does it get rented out?

[/quote]

It sits empty for 11 months and the reason is that the tax laws in Florida make it a real pain to rent it out. Plus (and this I can understand) the condo assoc. makes it hard to rent. You have to do a background check on who you're renting to etc. You can only rent for a minimum of 30 days. etc. etc.

Michele

• Machka9
    edited March 2021
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    [Me]

Does the place just sit empty 11 months of the year ... or does it get rented out?

It sits empty for 11 months and the reason is that the tax laws in Florida make it a real pain to rent it out. Plus (and this I can understand) the condo assoc. makes it hard to rent. You have to do a background check on who you're renting to etc. You can only rent for a minimum of 30 days. etc. etc.

Michele

[/quote]

That seems sad.

I do understand rules but it seems like it could be a money making opportunity with Air B&B or something.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,490 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: rx, livestream church, take BP, veg prep, dogs to powerline twice!
    Bonus: minutes questions email reminders, returned K’s call, 1 load laundry, troubleshot chirping smoke alarm (cleared residual charge)-oops nope that didn’t work, “malfunction warning-replace with new”, made appt for Tumble’s annual.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, meeting reminder, research activating/setting up new iphones, Freddie’s for new rx and alpha lipoic acid, call S, start taxes, fire district: then meeting notice to paper, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; FM Cu, watch STAS Day 20, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments, Tuesday: call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments.
    Mindful March:
    8: Eat mindfully, appreciate the taste, texture & smell of your food: tonight’s navel orange, delicious!

Happy Birthday Debby in Napa, Machka in Tassie!
    Margaret, thanks for your message to Beth. Just perfect.
    Kim likewise your words to Allie, spot on.
    Lisa eeeuwww indeed. Reminds me time to have ours pumped out, it’s been 4 years.
    Debbie and Tracey thanks for the quilt pics!.
    Rebecca :love: your “under their wraps of love” idea for Tracey’s most precious quilt.
    PatC in Ohio holding good thoughts for tomorrow’s appointment. No pressure from us, just stop in when you feel up to it.
    Beth (((hugs))) held extra long.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    March: leaner/stronger/kinder than January and February.
    daily: sit with Joe: 7, weigh: 7; steps>5627=5717 vits=7, log=7, CI<CO=6, CI<250<CO=4, Tumble=10 Shadow=10 mfp=7 outside=8 up hill=6
    wkly: BB&B, T’ai Chi=4 or SWSY or wii=2 x5= rx=1 dance= clean 60 mins= packwalk=2, wt=2/28:142.4, 3/7:144.4 waah! :sad: 3/14 3/21 3/28 3/31
    mnthly: board mtg=, grant= , 21 plan= bonus: AF=4 play=2 sew= waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,209 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    All the schools in England are going back this week. Senior school pupils have to be tested/test themselves regularly. My grandchildren have been at school all through this latest lockdown, because my DDIL is a key worker, but their classes have been small, or combined, and their best friends have been absent. They are very excited.
    So, a big day for everyone, not the least for the poor parents who have been struggling on with home working and caring for children at the same time. I think many are close to breakdown, and, for many, their lives will never be the same.
    My heart also goes out to the valiant teachers and head teachers who have had so much extra work to do over this period. Especially head teachers.
    The government will be keeping a close eye on covid numbers to see what happens next. At the moment our numbers are doing well, but slowly does it. Locally our numbers are excellent. Let's hope the vaccination numbers and better weather keep it all going downwards.

Feeling hopeful in Hove. Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Machka - If I lived in a condo I would NOT want people to be renting out their places . We moved out of one town house we owned by the sea for that very reason. Short term renters are often careless of people's sensitivities to noise etc.

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka - If I lived in a condo I would NOT want people to be renting out their places . We moved out of one town house we owned by the sea for that very reason. Short term renters are often careless of people's sensitivities to noise etc.

Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I appreciate that. You'd want to screen the people carefully and probably only rent for relatively long-term periods (not weekends, and especially not holiday weekends).

Here, you could rent a condo for a couple months at $150/night, bring in $9000 and start working on some of those renos Michele mentioned.

M in Oz
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Beth - Ian was an old soul, I think! His service sounds amazing and healing. (((Hugs)))

Karen in Virginia
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Beth - thank you for sharing those moments with us. Still thinking of you, holding you up.

Tracey - love that tulip quilt.

Debbie - love your quilt, too--the old quilts are so much more than the fabric they're made of. I gave mine that looked much like that to my daughter, and she says her 14-month-old loves the colors. Quilts should be used and loved, to me, but I'm like that with most things.

Heather - loved the picture of Edie having a pouting fit with you and her dad grinning behind her, and Bea looks like she's on the go... can't believe she's 5!

Long day ahead with workmen in this morning and this afternoon. Hate stuff like that, but needs must when the devil drives. Sure will be nice to have that worry off my head, even if it does cost more than we want to pay.

Later y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • Machka9
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Trying something ...

Nope for some reason it won't load a photo from my phone.

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Machka - the only way I've been able to load a photo from my phone was to go to the website, rather than using the app. That way you have access to the photo upload commands.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Debbie! :heart:
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,086 Member
    Options
    ☘️☘️
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Loving all of the pics of grands and quilts!
    Heather Can't believe Bea will be five this week! That went fast! But then again, here I am heading to Texas to celebrate Joaquin's fourth birthday! Time flies.
    Michele- Do you have someone that tends the house when you aren't there? It is a shame you can't find perhaps a retired couple to rent it for a few months.
    Beth- The memorial service sounds like it was a great send off for your dear boy! Ian sounds like an amazing and inspirational young man! I am sending lots of love and prayers of peace and comfort to you and your family. ((( <3 )))
    Lisa- Ugh! Septic issues! When we first moved into our current home; we had the septic tank emptied. It was full. The septic guy figured that it hadn't been emptied in years. Due to my childcare, our septic is emptied every two years.
    Machka- I love the thought of 8 hours of work/play/rest. Right now it is 10 hours of work (with kids), two hours of work prep/cleaning, one hour of exercise, one hour of dinner (making, eating, cleaning up), two hours to myself (which could be spent making minor repairs around the house). I DO give myself a day on the weekend to just do what I want. But the other weekend day is usually spent on my feet prepping/cooking/cleaning for the upcoming week.

Well, it is Monday and kiddos have arrived. A short work week for me, as I am headed to see the grands on Thursday morning! My son gave me his audible sign in, so that I have something to listen to on the train and at the airport. I have French and Saunders Titting About podcast all ready to go! Here is to laughing all of the way to Texas. Love and hugs to all! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Finally a decent nights sleep,even though i woke a few times but was able to get back to sleep..
    I still feel tired but thats because of the melatonin...i start with 5 mg and usually take 5 more mg they are gummies so there is that..
    This afternoon will go over for bloodwork for my INR