WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2021

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 10,007 Member
    Machka-my surgery was the 21st of January.. i know just a couple of months..
    Fell asleep after 9 pm and slept for an hour,then awake until after 3 am and then got a couple hrs sleep until 8 so about 4 1/2 hrs .
    The dr did send in for a sleep apnea test,but has to get approved by insurance so dont know how long that will take but they said they would call me.
    So im sure i will nap this morning..
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    I am up early, and have just cycled for 30 minutes. I am burning fat with each revolution and my energy has had a boost. Coffee is next.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,919 Member
    Machka - that’s pretty interesting about where the fat goes

Barbara - I used to really upset my grandparents with my footwear choices in WinterFor a couple of years in junior high I had fur lined high tops. They let me keep up with my style, but kept my feet warm. The year I was pregnant with my eldest my Grandfather was so upset that I wasn’t wearing proper winter footwear that he took me shopping for winter boots with a sturdy tread. I wore them for years when my girls were little to please him.
    I will get a picture of the tulip quilt, the special one is packed away and I can’t bend to get it yet.

Ginny - My daughter works in a shoe store and has insisted on good walking shoes for me when I took up walking. She has bought me two pair so far as Mother’s Day gifts.

Lisa - what a mess that must be. So fortunate it waited until your son was there to help though.

Heather - I just love your happy accidental meet ups.

Allie - January 21st is only 6 weeks. Your body is still trying to do a lot of healing.

It looks like a tithe gorgeous day on the horizon here. I need to go into work for a time though or have a longer day tomorrow. I haven’t decided which yet.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,090 Member
    Kayla- love to hear u were on a bike... morning peeps and happy bday to all March babies
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,697 Member
    Allie - Major major surgery, and then still in AFib - please quit worrying about your sleep patterns and just rest when you feel like it, sleep when you feel like it, eat when you feel like it. I have a friend who's hubby has had major surgery and it was not his heart, but they told them 18-24 months minimum! So you should expect a long time... this was not a minor event!
    Tell anyone who is expecting you to do for them to just go away or you'll have your friends from MFP haunt them for ever!!! LOL

Kim in N. California
  • GodMomKim
    foot wear - I have a hard time finding comfort for my feet, my arch while not particularly high is not exactly where the shoe manufactures have decided it will be... so it is a challenge. However I do like wearing shoes and socks especially in the winter - I keep my home on the cool side (it's a choice for financial reasons). I wear wool blend socks all winter with a light weight tennis shoe or furry slippers with a hard sole in side, then walking shoes or work boots outside.

Kim in N. California
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,706 Member
    Tracey in Edmonton, what a priceless quilt you have! That's a heart wrenching story.💕🙏. I would put it on my bed on their birthdays, have a cuppa tea and sleep " essentially under wraps of their love.💖

Hopefully the weather will be warm enough to put my sisters quilt on the bed thus summer. That seems crazy to say, but it never got warm last summer, and I kept the mink blanket on all year.
    💖 Rebecca
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,618 Member
    Carol - Don't they grow super fast! I just hope they don't grow out of us and still want to see us when they are stroppy teenagers. I would love to be the kind of granny they can run to when they fall out with their parents! :laugh:
    Baby Bea will be 5 in a week's time. :o
    ebxzm6i4pj17.jpg

<3<3<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Pip, oh I hate to clean to pass inspection. So many crazy stories with that whole thing. When we lived in Japan and were transferring, there was a cleaning company that was recommended by Navy housing dept. Turned out the $200 we had to pay, went to the group that devised this scheme. The units never got cleaned, they were just signed off that they did.
    Another landlord we had, never got around to inspecting our moving out cleaning, and wanted to charge us for all the dust around. This was months after we moved, when we called to see why we hadn't received our cleaning deposit back. Lee threatened harassment and she sent us the deposit.
    I think a massage should be in your next weeks TO DO list.💖👍
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    ;) Long weekend - sewer pipe broke, my husband and son worked all day long yesterday digging that out, as we had to cobble together a workaround until the professionals get here Monday. The good part is that we found the septic tank, and we've been searching for that since we bought the house in 2018. The bad part is that it has not been emptied for a LONG time, estimated at least five years, and possibly ten. Can you say, "Ew!" Just yuck, ick, yuck some more.

Anyway, other than that, life is good. Since Wednesday, our amazing son has been working all day every day clearing brush, and the evenings are lovely and relaxed with him here. He's good company. He was in need of the distraction while he waits to start his new job, which starts at the end of the month. Barbara, I think it was you who asked--he will be in charge of one of the employee kitchens at Yellowstone, they provide room and board as well as an hourly wage. The seasonal job lasts through the end of November.

My daughter and family are coming in on the 15th, and my daughter and son-in-law have both also gotten their vaccines, so not terribly worried about seeing them.

Beth, I think of you and your family every day.

Lisa in AR

Oh Lisa! S**T! I hope that all gets fixed. Hugs!
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Yesterday I made orange chicken over white rice for husband, and teriyaki chicken for son, for last nights dinner. I was going to microwave some easy gyoza and stuck it in the microwave to zap. Then in my hustle and bustle I completely forgot them! This morning I remembered. Lee had found them and stuck them in the fridge this morning. Good its only 5 gyoza because I just threw them away. Pork out for 12 hours.....yeah, I don't think I could zap out all the bacteria!
    Husband is kidding me with all my multitasking talents! Dang him!😋😂😂
    Yesterday I was able to write 3 long letters, and organize two packages. I am sending some postcards to a lady who has a friend that collects them, and decorates her walls with them.💖 So the gal from here that sent me some Asian postcards, they're going to someone that will appreciate them.💕. The other package is to a pal that has three young daughters, and they get so excited when their momma gets a letter from me. They call me Auntie Rebecca.💖
    💖 Rebecca
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,996 Member
    :)
  • GodMomKim
    B)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 10,007 Member
    Afternoon ladies
    Took another nap,6 weeks yes I guess thats a short time to heal and I should take a break on myself..
    I did go down to the gym and did 5 minutes on the recumbent bike..and took a walk in the hall.. i just dont have the stamina to do a whole bunch .. which gets me upset,but like you all said 1 day at a time..
  • Whidislander
    Afternoon ladies
    Took another nap,6 weeks yes I guess thats a short time to heal and I should take a break on myself..
    I did go down to the gym and did 5 minutes on the recumbent bike..and took a walk in the hall.. i just dont have the stamina to do a whole bunch .. which gets me upset,but like you all said 1 day at a time..

Patience with your progress friend! Healing isn't just about moving around, or sleeping and eating like you normally did. Its about listening to what your body needs.💖. Your body is healing from trauma. Please Allie, give yourself grace in all this. Gone are schedules, just eat when hungry, sleep when tired, and exercise when you are up for it. You are a rock star!
    Hugs
    Rebecca
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    😎🌞😊
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    B)<3:)