WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2021

Options

Replies

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    I always have a problem with certain skirts or dresses that only look good with knee length boots. That means I can't wear them anywhere where you have to take your shoes off. The problem is, I hate tights, so often wear boots with just socks, which does not look good if you have to take them off.
    Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
    What about 100% cotton tights? they work for the mid season and can be pretty comfy. i never wear synthetic tights: only wool, cotton or blends. i need to breathe in my lower parts.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    Terri You look mauvalous! Love the no frame style! Do you have the bifocals blended? I think my next pair when these frames get broken will be the invisible kind that you can't see the bifocals area, but for now its nice to train my eyes where to look.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,056 Member
    Options
    I am a sock gal around the here. I have slipper socks I wear in the morning...

I am ready to put my yaktracks away because they get caught in carpeting. Unfortuantely we still get refreeze overnight, so I need them for my morning walk with Drew. She is showing one possible sign of her over indulgence on Tuesday night. If it clears up today or tomorrow we are in the clear. Behavior wise and otherwise she is fine so I do feel this too shall pass. (a clue to the sign of her Candbury party-we found some orange in it (could be the carrots from making the broth I gave her). Today and tomorrow continue the bland diet.

I learned orange could be as sign of a liver/bile problem which eating those eggs could cause. So I am still watching her closely. No treats for her until she is in the clear...
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    i read in the paper that people over 50 here (with no aggravating factor) will start getting vaccines in April. That's much better than i expected. (had read everyone by end of summer previously). They are starting to vaccinate the over 65s (with no particular illness) now after having done the over 75s for a couple of months.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    B)
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Only side effect from the vaccine is soreness near the injection site just like an ordinary flu shot.

:) My new bluetooth headphones arrived today. I'm going to see if I can pair them with the big TV. If that works, then I'll order another set for walking.

:) I wear wool socks year round except for my dance classes. All my shoes are sturdy New Balance with laces.

:) I wear socks to bed.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

In bed is the one place I don't wear socks- (or anything with sleeves or on my legs- usually it is tank tops and boys shorts) then have an extra fuzzy/sherpa blanket on me. My feet are always cold except in bed, very rarely will I wear them to bed but within a few minutes, I take them off-even in the winter)
    No wool socks for me- or anything with wool in it- way too itchy for me. IF I wear a sweater with wool in it, even my cashmere I have to wear a long sleeve cotton shirt under it- no wool touching me.

Everything is about how it feels- I am and always have been very picky about this.(and NO tags in anything)

Debbie
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Flea- thank you for the endorsement, yes It was about 7 hrs ,but my body clock is so off and im getting frustrated that im not healing quicker...but I pray eventually i get back to at least semi-normal lol..going to run to Walgreens after dropping Dan off and pick up the Zzzquil.. and my script..
    I cant wait for warmer weather so i can get outside.
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Good day everyone! Happy Saturday!
    Happy birthday to Machka, Debbie and all other March babies with birthdays coming up!
    Welcome newbies!
    Winter in Michigan, I wear socks inside and all weather, leather, work boots (Wolverine brand) outside. I am going to purchase a couple pairs of slip on loafer style shoes for yard work and I would also like a pair of rain boots.
    Heather- I don't wear skirts or dresses often, but if I did and I was pairing them with boots, I would get some of the cute boot socks OR I would go the total opposite direction and get something totally silly. Like these:
    Kind of a lazy weekend thanks to the trip to Texas coming up. I did the shopping for the three days this week and the four days when I return (so that I don't need to run out to the store as soon as I get back). Planned easy/no prep meals for the childcare kiddos for both weeks. So...I will just prep three or four different meal options for Tim, while I am gone. A soup, a chicken salad, prep some veg, shred some cheese, cook a few brats, and make a pound of taco meat. He should be good to go for five days. I did get him some frozen meal options as well.

Love and healing thoughts to all who need them! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Morning ladies,woke up at 10 after not falling asleep until 3 am...ugh....i took my life vest off for shower and am letting the scar air dry,while i wear my robe..took my pills and am trying to get out of the fog of melatonin...
    Ive caught up on my bills i think.

Allie- I use this instead of melatonin most of the time. It works faster (they are quick dissolve tiny little pills) and no melatonin fog the next day.

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/hylands-bioplasma-1000-tabs

This place has the best price that I have found. Amazon does carry it but was a little more expensive when I got it there.

Hylands makes different products that we have tried and really like- first was years ago for my son- teething tablets- work amazing!!! Husband has tried the allergy pills and a few others, says they work well for him.

Debbie
    Napa ValleyCa
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: 12 mins wii, took three calls, but escrow shortage is resolved to my satisfaction, recycling,
    Bonus: 4.5 loads laundry, returned DDS call to reschedule bridge, called Spectrum support, ordered Apple 20W charger/adapter to arrive Monday, 15 mins vacuuming, changed bedding.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments, research activating/setting up new iphones, , call S, start taxes, fire district: then meeting notice to paper, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; FM Cu, watch STAS Day 20, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments.
    Mindful March:
    6: Bring to mind people you care about and send them love: was recipient of this from my goddaughter and her family :love:

A little disappointed. Family history (mother two kinds, half sister 3 kinds breast cancer) does not qualify for Providence’s genetic counseling. Only offered if the individual has a history of cancer. Guess skin cancer doesn’t count.

Skimmin’ as it’s sunny and I want to get out there.

Carol
    why wait? Does you DH have cataract surgery? Like Tracey, everyone I’ve heard from says their vision is so much better, they wished they’d done it sooner.
    Debbie in Napa, here’s the one I started: https://youtu.be/ROnTZp2wKSE If you search YouTube for Yoseemite National Park Hikes you’ll see many others. When I was a little girl, Mama and Papa rented a Camp Curry cabin for a week one spring. I was thrilled there was a stream running under the cabin, and a tin cup in the bathroom I could use to drink from the stream. As an adult, my BFF and I spent New Years’ in the valley, once in a rented motor home, once in a cabin with her mom (we almost froze when the power to the cabin failed making some of my best memories of her and her mom), once in cabin 819. We went back for my 30th birthday when, while trying to learn how to cross country ski, I fell and broke my wrist. More fond memories. Seems like the memories that stick best are those associated with coping humorously with troubles as they arise. Re: bioplasma, my chiropractor recommended those, but I don’t remember for what, maybe immune system support.
    Julie footwear: yoga toe fuzzy sandals “comfys”, or crocs with woolsocks inside. Hiking boots when taking dogs down the drive to the powerline or dinking around in the garden. Wellys if it’s really really muddy. Never barefoot (except in bed) as no matter how frequently I vacuum, the spruce needles sneak in.
    Katla Have seen her respond to the newsfeed sometimes, but I’m missing Lanette’s postings too. Hope you can see Arrow immediately after recovering from the 2nd vacc.
    SueBDew so good to see your smiling face! Was it you who have the pecan orchard? If so how did it fare?
    Tina “sometimes pigs, sometimes bunnies” :laugh: I :love: silly socks and used to have quite a collection. Now its just boring old SmartWool or compression.
    Tracey hope you will be compensated for your time spent on new system training at home.
    Welcome @janatkinson347 Never too late!
    Allie like Flea and others have said, I would sleep when tired, wake when I did, and as long as the total per day was close to 7-9 hours not stress about sleeping at certain times. Whooshing love to Homer and healing energy to you. Hope, like Machka said, you can see the doctor sooner.
    Terri :love: the pics, and impressed with your ski holiday in 2018.
    Rebecca, yes let’s have tea, scones and stories! Surely some of our UK gals can provide an authentic scone recipe? Has anyone ever eaten a crumpet?
    Kelly those chicken socks made me laugh, but the lacy ones made my legs itch to contemplate.

Glasses: other than one summer when I was 13, didn’t need glasses til I hit 40. Rx worsened to require bifocals at 42, and new rx every other year for 10 years. Now rx is stable, and I’m fortunate to have been able to affort transition, progressive, ultra light, coated, satin edged Silhouettes. Have a spare pare with the same rx, so fingers X’d these will last until after the house it paid off :laugh:

Oops, sat so long, the wind has come up. Time to layer up and get outside!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    March: leaner/stronger/kinder than January and February.
    daily: sit with Joe: 5, weigh: 5; steps>5627=5446 vits=5, log=5, CI<CO=4, CI<250<CO=2, Tumble=7 Shadow=6 mfp=5 outside=5 up hill=3
    wkly: BB&B, T’ai Chi=4 or SWSY or wii=2 x5= rx= dance= clean 60 mins= packwalk=2, wt=2/28:142.4, 3/7 3/14 3/21 3/28 3/31
    mnthly: board mtg=, grant= , 21 plan= bonus: AF=3 play=2 sew= waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Well, it looks like MFP is trying to do something about the "nasty bots." I posted on my feed and I had to do a recaptcha challenge before I could post it.

Having knee issues in a big way today. I guess the 6.25 mile/10KM walk/run yesterday was not the best idea. I don't think it's the walking or running or walking that is irritating, but I'm not sure what is. I was fine just after the walk, but when I got home last night from meeting a friend, it was not happy at all. Maybe it was the boots I wore.

Dinner is in the slow cooker. Getting some house chores done today while the mister is out, despite my sore knee.

Tina in CA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,218 Member
    Options
    My get out for dresses and skirts is silky leggings, always black, paired with black, thin socks. Then my black velvet slippers.
    I am a very conservative dresser!!!! I very rarely bare my legs, or arms, and haven't for years. My dresses are nearly always midi or longer. In a heatwave like last summer I will get my arms out, but I am very, very self conscious.
    During the pandemic I have lived in black sports leggings. Every day.

Debbie - like you I can't bear wool anywhere near me. Ugh! Even over something I can feel it.

Our fish and chips delivery was wonderful. I love the app where you can see the guy bringing it on his bicycle. I opened the door just as he arrived. The fish portion was gigantic.

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxx

• dlfk202000
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Chose well: 12 mins wii, took three calls, but escrow shortage is resolved to my satisfaction, recycling,
    Bonus: 4.5 loads laundry, returned DDS call to reschedule bridge, called Spectrum support, ordered Apple 20W charger/adapter to arrive Monday, 15 mins vacuuming, changed bedding.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments, research activating/setting up new iphones, , call S, start taxes, fire district: then meeting notice to paper, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; FM Cu, watch STAS Day 20, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments.
    Mindful March:
    6: Bring to mind people you care about and send them love: was recipient of this from my goddaughter and her family :love:

A little disappointed. Family history (mother two kinds, half sister 3 kinds breast cancer) does not qualify for Providence’s genetic counseling. Only offered if the individual has a history of cancer. Guess skin cancer doesn’t count.

Carol
    why wait? Does you DH have cataract surgery? Like Tracey, everyone I’ve heard from says their vision is so much better, they wished they’d done it sooner.
    Debbie in Napa, here’s the one I started: https://youtu.be/ROnTZp2wKSE If you search YouTube for Yoseemite National Park Hikes you’ll see many others. When I was a little girl, Mama and Papa rented a Camp Curry cabin for a week one spring. I was thrilled there was a stream running under the cabin, and a tin cup in the bathroom I could use to drink from the stream. As an adult, my BFF and I spent New Years’ in the valley, once in a rented motor home, once in a cabin with her mom (we almost froze when the power to the cabin failed making some of my best memories of her and her mom), once in cabin 819. We went back for my 30th birthday when, while trying to learn how to cross country ski, I fell and broke my wrist. More fond memories. Seems like the memories that stick best are those associated with coping humorously with troubles as they arise. Re: bioplasma, my chiropractor recommended those, but I don’t remember for what, maybe immune system support.

Lighter, lovelies!
    daily: sit with Joe: 5, weigh: 5; steps>5627=5446 vits=5, log=5, CI<CO=4, CI<250<CO=2, Tumble=7 Shadow=6 mfp=5 outside=5 up hill=3
    wkly: BB&B, T’ai Chi=4 or SWSY or wii=2 x5= rx= dance= clean 60 mins= packwalk=2, wt=2/28:142.4, 3/7 3/14 3/21 3/28 3/31

THANK YOU-
    I will check it out- I rarely think about going on Youtube.
    We always had a travel trailer that we used for cooking in and us girls slept in when we were little. After that it was tents each time. There is NO WAY current husband would go for that, even if he was able to hike- no tents or even trailers for him. While we were dating he said we were going to go camping with some of his friends- I thought great, sounds fun. His idea was a house by the river that was fully furnished AND he took his own VCR with him(when they were just coming out- 1991 or about then). That was NOT camping.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Debbie- i think i bought those,but didnt really work for me..
    I stopped at Walgreens and bought there brand of Zzzquil.. will try it tonight.. home i wear socks or my LLBean slippers,when im out slip on shoes at least for the time being,hard for me to bend down and tie shoes
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    Terri : Great pictures! And I think you're hair looks terrific!

Jan Atkinson: WELCOME!!

Kelly : I love those boot socks! Cute! I have several pairs of the real short boots, but no calf length boots. I literally have over 100 pairs of shoes (heels) that I used to wear to work, but can no longer wear. It breaks my heart to think about getting rid of them. Some of them were hardly ever worn! (Can you tell I had a thing for shoes?)

Rebecca and Barbara : I'm in for the tea and scones! I've never had a scone or a crumpet! I might need a recipe! :lol:

Jennifer : I love your goals, but how do you lose 10 lbs per month? I mean, are you doing keto, or WW, or what diet? Because I need to be friends with YOU! I've been struggling since December, and in fact I gained 1 pound in February. I too have a goal weight of 140, and am currently at 173. I'd just be happy if I could lose 5 lbs per month. Ugh. :smile:

Glasses : I've worn glasses since I was in the 4th grade. I'm almost legally blind - 20/400 vision. So I have to get a new pair of glasses every other year. I've been wearing no line bifocals for probably 10 years or better now. I tried the bifocal contacts, but just had too many problems with them. Gave up that vanity years ago. Lol.

what footwear do you wear when pottering or working at home : I am usually wearing my slippers (with socks) when I'm at home. This is the first year I've ever worn slippers - I used to just wear socks….but my feet seem to be warmer if I wear the slippers. And I also wear socks to bed in the winter months. In the summer it'll probably be just the socks. I'm just too cold when I'm bare-footed - even in summer.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Mindful March:

Carol
    Julie footwear: yoga toe fuzzy sandals “comfys”, or crocs with woolsocks inside. Hiking boots when taking dogs down the drive to the powerline or dinking around in the garden. Wellys if it’s really really muddy. Never barefoot (except in bed) as no matter how frequently I vacuum, the spruce needles sneak in.
    Katla Have seen her respond to the newsfeed sometimes, but I’m missing Lanette’s postings too. Hope you can see Arrow immediately after recovering from the 2nd vacc.
    SueBDew so good to see your smiling face! Was it you who have the pecan orchard? If so how did it fare?
    Tina “sometimes pigs, sometimes bunnies” :laugh: I :love: silly socks and used to have quite a collection. Now its just boring old SmartWool or compression.
    Tracey hope you will be compensated for your time spent on new system training at home.
    Welcome @janatkinson347 Never too late!
    Allie like Flea and others have said, I would sleep when tired, wake when I did, and as long as the total per day was close to 7-9 hours not stress about sleeping at certain times. Whooshing love to Homer and healing energy to you. Hope, like Machka said, you can see the doctor sooner.
    Terri :love: the pics, and impressed with your ski holiday in 2018.
    Rebecca, yes let’s have tea, scones and stories! Surely some of our UK gals can provide an authentic scone recipe? Has anyone ever eaten a crumpet?
    Kelly those chicken socks made me laugh, but the lacy ones made my legs itch to contemplate.

Glasses: other than one summer when I was 13, didn’t need glasses til I hit 40. Rx worsened to require bifocals at 42, and new rx every other year for 10 years. Now rx is stable, and I’m fortunate to have been able to affort transition, progressive, ultra light, coated, satin edged Silhouettes. Have a spare pare with the same rx, so fingers X’d these will last until after the house it paid off :laugh:

Lighter, lovelies!

I have had tea and crumpets in British Columbia, Canada at a fancy hotel when I was a little girl.💖 All I recall was that I had to be on my best behavior. Both sets of grandmother's took us 3. My paternal grandmother, she drove REALLY fast and it was my one and only trip with both. My maternal grandmother thought she was just too intense!
    Rebecca
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rebecca: -- Nice socks! I love the plates photograph, too. They are look ready for high tea. :star:

KJ: -- The socks are lovely. :smilie:

zaknjakesmum: -- My husband has had MS for many years. He had the Pfizer vaccine and was fine. I had mine the next day. We’re both planning to get the second shots at the end of the month. I have had a low-grade headache since the first shot and it is diminishing daily. I hope this gives you useful information. :flowerforyou:

Tina:-- I hope you’re feeling better today. :star:

I have a headache again today. I’m not sure whether it is still the vaccination or if it is a problem with my glasses. I might need a different prescription for them. One thing at a time, and the next vaccination is four weeks away.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon