WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2021

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,219 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I often make scones, but I am very, very fussy about them. No sugar and definitely NO raisins. :# Mine are delicious. It's the easiest thing in the world. I sometimes cut them in triangles in memory of my dad who used to make them like that. I adore them with jam and clotted cream, but also with butter and cheddar cheese. My grandmother made wonderful cheese scones.

I have made crumpets a few times and it was fun to do. You need special rings for them. However, every shop here sells them in packets. I like them with butter and Marmite. Haven't had one in a long while.

Today I bought all the ingredients to make my famous brownies. I'm not sure I will get them done tomorrow because we are going out in the freezing cold first thing to meet the grandchildren in the park, by accident. Temps are predicted low. Plus I'm cooking mushroom risotto for dinner, so might not be in the mood. Monday is more likely. They are mainly for the family, who keep asking for them. We keep a small portion back for DH. I have a tiny corner. :p

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    DH & I both have headaches today. I don’t know whether this is from our vaccinations Monday & Tuesday but I think the vaccinations are the most likely cause. If they prevent CoVid they are worth a headache. ⭐️
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    Cold day in Ohio for a hike with my hubby. I prefer the trails or the path. He prefers to blaze his own trail!!!

ea3hbtxcbhni.jpg
    z325mmxz5dxr.jpg

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,744 Member
    Options
    Katla - Every time we get on the discussion of where our children and grandchildren are located I always feel so fortunate and blessed that our girls and grandchildren live no further than an hour away. My very next thought is how I wish we had the technology we have today when we first moved away from our families and at the time we were feeling happy that we had ICQ and email and didn’t have to rely on long distance calls and snail mail.

Allie - I think you are being taught a lesson in patience. You need time to heal. I understand your frustration though I have been feeling the same way about my hip and back. Funnily enough though, I only started healing when I really listened to her and didn’t do anything for a couple of weeks. I worked (I sit at work) bathed, slept and ate. That’s it, hubby took care of everything else.

Barbara - I have been told to track my hours so I can have time in lieu. I have learned though through my 25 years as a salaried employee that the time given back is never what you put in and most bosses think they are doing you a favour. I feel this will be the same situation. I do track my extra hours so that I have a record and can usually prove what I was doing if I ever feel like they are taking too much.
    😂”hope your glasses last until the house is paid off”. With the prices of glasses here you almost need a loan for them.

Heather and Debbie - I’m with you both on the wool. I break out in hives too.
    I dress in as little as possible while still being covered. I wear tank tops and shorts, but never a bikini. I rarely wear dresses but if I do I don’t wear anything on my legs, unless it is a very important meeting or funeral. I honestly don’t know the last time I wore a pair, probably my Dad’s funeral in 2012.
    I wore my flip flops out today, there is still some snow on the ground, but not in parking lots. I don’t mind cold feet so the 6 degrees was warm enough.

Rebecca - I love the story of your two grandmothers.
    I was very fortunate that mine enjoyed one another. They called each other Mrs. I preferred my maternal Grandmother to my paternal. One of my most prized possessions is a quilt my P Gram started as a wedding present for me. She had the blocks all made with her appliqué work, but was never able to finish it. For my 30th birthday my M. Gram finished it for me with her own style of quilting. She put a tag on that I still have that said “Love from your two grandmother’s”. My P Gram had passed by that time and my two Aunts had given M Gram the blocks.
    I don’t use the quilt because I don’t want it ruined.

I was discharged from physio today as expected. She told me to keep doing the exercises daily, not every exercise every day, but a couple at least. The most important ones are the wall presses with my feet and the clamshells.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Debbie- i think i bought those,but didnt really work for me..
    I stopped at Walgreens and bought there brand of Zzzquil.. will try it tonight.. home i wear socks or my LLBean slippers,when im out slip on shoes at least for the time being,hard for me to bend down and tie shoes

Some times I have to take two doses (4 tablets and wait 15 min and take 4 more).
    I am afraid to take Zzzquil. As mom says, we are wired backwards- TylanolPM wires me up. Found out the hard way!. The PM is Benadryl-that is like having for 4 cups of coffee for me. My tried Nyquil and had the same effect so not trying any of that.

Debbie
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Katla - Every time we get on the discussion of where our children and grandchildren are located I always feel so fortunate and blessed that our girls and grandchildren live no further than an hour away. My very next thought is how I wish we had the technology we have today when we first moved away from our families and at the time we were feeling happy that we had ICQ and email and didn’t have to rely on long distance calls and snail mail.

Allie - I think you are being taught a lesson in patience. You need time to heal. I understand your frustration though I have been feeling the same way about my hip and back. Funnily enough though, I only started healing when I really listened to her and didn’t do anything for a couple of weeks. I worked (I sit at work) bathed, slept and ate. That’s it, hubby took care of everything else.

Barbara - I have been told to track my hours so I can have time in lieu. I have learned though through my 25 years as a salaried employee that the time given back is never what you put in and most bosses think they are doing you a favour. I feel this will be the same situation. I do track my extra hours so that I have a record and can usually prove what I was doing if I ever feel like they are taking too much.
    😂”hope your glasses last until the house is paid off”. With the prices of glasses here you almost need a loan for them.

Heather and Debbie - I’m with you both on the wool. I break out in hives too.
    I dress in as little as possible while still being covered. I wear tank tops and shorts, but never a bikini. I rarely wear dresses but if I do I don’t wear anything on my legs, unless it is a very important meeting or funeral. I honestly don’t know the last time I wore a pair, probably my Dad’s funeral in 2012.
    I wore my flip flops out today, there is still some snow on the ground, but not in parking lots. I don’t mind cold feet so the 6 degrees was warm enough.

I was very fortunate that mine enjoyed one another. They called each other Mrs. I preferred my maternal Grandmother to my paternal. One of my most prized possessions is a quilt my P Gram started as a wedding present for me. She had the blocks all made with her appliqué work, but was never able to finish it. For my 30th birthday my M. Gram finished it for me with her own style of quilting. She put a tag on that I still have that said “Love from your two grandmother’s”. My P Gram had passed by that time and my two Aunts had given M Gram the blocks.

I was discharged from physio today as expected. She told me to keep doing the exercises daily, not every exercise every day, but a couple at least. The most important ones are the wall presses with my feet and the clamshells.

Tracey in Edmonton

I love wearing dresses- I wear them(well did wear them) to church each Sunday- only one lady wears pants that I have seen in the 5 yrs I have been going there. I usually wear longer skirts and hey, at only 5', even ones that aren't supposed to be long are long on me. I wear my leggings under them. Long skirts I wear regular leggings instead of a slip-more comfortable and warmer(church tends to run cool because the guys are all in suits, that is what I was told so I bring an extra shawl even in the summer), and with skirts that are a little shorter, I wear my capri leggings under most.
    With Reynaud's syndrome- I have problems with my hands and feed being really cold and then they really hurt so tend to keep them covered.

Debbie
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    <3
    Betsy in NW WA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Did a leslie Sansone DVD today then used the virtual class thing for a little bit. I think I’ll do a stretching DVD in the condo tomorrow. I remember the last time I did this DVD I felt so good

bananas – around the house I usually wear slippers

Beth has been on my mind, too.

Terri ever since the lock down when I couldn’t go to the hairdresser, I have been growing my hair out. I never realized I had so much gray! So I’ll just go with it. No sense at my age to try to look like a youngster. That usually makes you look older, anyway.

Just got dinner ready to microwave and planned our dinners for the next few nights. Looks like I only have one thing of haddock frozen that I’ll give to one of the neighbors. I don’t want to take that home with me.

SueBDew – (((HUG))) What an ordeal!

Tracey – Vince doesn’t like when I get my hair cut, either. I think it’s a “man thing” that they like long hair

janatkitson – welcome

katla – I’m sad for you having to sell your boat. I know how much you love it. But you are making the best decision.

I’ll have the tea and scones, but only if Heather makes the scones.

Went to the American Space Museum and got some gifts for Colby and Lynette. I did forget to give her my 10% off coupon.

Went to church earlier. Hate to say it, but it’s been so long since I’ve been in church I totally forgot that shorts really aren’t appropriate...even in FL. Oh well…..

Debbie CA – Vince’s idea of “roughing it” is having a refrigerator and TV to watch the football game. He’s roughing it because he doesn’t have internet….lol

Rebecca – that field of the flowers reminded me of the movie “Dr. Zhivago”

Michele
    continuing to be sad
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,555 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Other, final cleaning of apt, including floors on hands and knees- 4hrs 9min 34sec, 84ahr, 137mhr= 1150c
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,555 Member
    Options
    Finally, did the final cleaning of the apt. Cleaned the floors of the apt on my hands and knees...... it’s done
  • dlfk202000
    Options

Tracey in Edmonton

My mom just gave me a crazy quilt that my great grandmother made- she had 4 tops done but never finished them along with who knows how many she made over the years. A friend of my mom's took them and finished them for her and she gave my younger sister and I each one(my older sister may get one but she doesn't have a good track record of keeping stuff- moves too much/gets evicted/??) and she kept two for herself. I want to put it on the back of my couch. I have another quilt there now and now that it is time to change the comforter that I keep on it as a cover(change it per season), I want to put Grandma Bee's on the couch so I can enjoy it. Mom had so much fun looking at each quilt- remembering where the different fabrics came from. A dress or her's, a skirt of her mom's or what ever.

Debbie
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • zaknjakesmum
    zaknjakesmum Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I was doing simple calorie counting, 1000-1200 calories/ day but then I've been stuck at 201, 200, 199 for the last month or so. So I started fasting 16:8, a which is SO much food. 1600 calories / day. You eat like 5 meals/day, then from 6:00 pm-7:00 am or so, I do not eat ,which is what I was doing anyway I paid $60 or so for 6 months of weekly emails to tell me exactly what to eat and when. It seems to be working well so far - I hope it continues! I so want this to work.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,048 Member
    Options
    I went with my father to get his vaccination today. All went well. Mom is tomorrow.

For some reason I feel achy, even though all I did was sit in a car for three hours. I will do my dumbbells tomorrow instead of tonight.

Annie in Delaware
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💙🟪🔵💛