WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2021

Options

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    Aaack! I am now a bifocaled old lady. Trying to get used to the little windows I have to read close items to, but then look up to see far away.
    e9uux5r3pkwy.jpeg
    qaze3gy1wl5h.jpeg
    qi7u0zot3i4z.jpeg

My leftover sausage, potatoes, and zucchini and made soup with some chicken broth, tomatoes, a spoonful of that artichoke heavenly stuff, and turmeric. It was lovely.

Hugs ladies,
    A bit woozy over here on
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,953 Member
    Options
    Aaack! I am now a bifocaled old lady. Trying to get used to the little windows I have to read close items to, but then look up to see far away.
    e9uux5r3pkwy.jpeg
    qaze3gy1wl5h.jpeg
    qi7u0zot3i4z.jpeg

My leftover sausage, potatoes, and zucchini and made soup with some chicken broth, tomatoes, a spoonful of that artichoke heavenly stuff, and turmeric. It was lovely.

Hugs ladies,
    A bit woozy over here on
    Whidbey
    Washington

;)
    I have been a bifocaled lady for many years- also had cataract surgery on both eyes 4 yrs ago.
    I have the transition lenses so no line in mine.

Debbie
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    Did a step Dvd today and then tried the virtual class. That was good. I think tomorrow I may do a walking DVD and maybe some of the virtual class again.

We need to leave in a few to meet friends of ours.

Happy Birthday to all the March babies!!!!

Got back from lunch to find that someone in the condo left me some seashells. I thought that was very nice of her since I was looking for some. Just had a black bean burger, no mayo or cheese or bun. I’m constantly amazed at how small the portions at a restaurant are if you don’t get the bread/bun. Only water to drink. This is a place that has a lot of craft beers and since Vince nor I are beer drinkers, we didn’t have anything to drink. Then came home, laid in the sun a little, then went to Wynn Dixie. Looked to see if how much a lifetime pass to places like Canaveral Seashore would be, but it would be something like $80. I’d only use it once/year so that’s really not worth it to me. Vince ordered a portable DVD player for me and it should be delivered Monday.

Planning to go to a space museum here in titusville tomorrow. Think we’ll get some Christmas gifts for lynette and Colby since they are both into space program

Rebecca – bifocals or no bifocals, you are still beautiful. And you make fantastic looking food

Michele
    who is feeling sad because I’ll be here less than a week more
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options
    I went into bifocals in 2013 when transition lenses just did not work for me ... and then finally into transition lenses in about 2015. I've got two pair - one for working at my computer and one for driving, cycling, walking, etc.

From my experience, any optical shop can make bifocals, but it takes a really good optical shop to make transition lenses.

Now if they could get the coating they put on glasses right, that would be nice. I've had to ask them not to put it on mine. It means a bit more glare but at least I don't get the crazing.

Machka in Oz
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Still learning how to move my head to read stuff and how far to lift my head to look beyond the bifocal part. But its nice to read stuff like the guide on the tv.👍💖
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Thanks Michele💖
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rebecca— Your glasses look wonderful on you & you look happy & lovely. 🥰
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    :)
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    hap2go wrote: »
    kymarai wrote: »
    Oh.....friend requests...There has been a surge of inappropriate pictures lately. I dismiss most requests unless sent with note saying why or how they know me. I have only a couple of male friends that I made years ago. I don't accept any from guys now. Too many perverts!

OMG I thought it was just me! And it was mostly WOMEN! with, shall we say... inappropriate profile pictures? WTH?

since i don't have my photo i don't seem to get these, but on another website long ago i quickly realized that men posed as women on websites and were provocative.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    skimming! enjoying your posts.

a random question : what footwear do you wear when pottering or working at home? Flipflops, sneakers, barefoot, clogs, crocs, slippers...?
  • Machka9
    Options

a random question : what footwear do you wear when pottering or working at home? Flipflops, sneakers, barefoot, clogs, crocs, slippers...?

Bare feet.

Unless it happens to be really chilly ... which doesn't happen very often.

Machka in Oz
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,953 Member
    Options

this time of the year, slipper socks(super soft fuzzy ones) with little slippers over them because my feet are cold most of the time. During the summer, I wear my sandals( Dawgs). I don't go barefoot very often.

Debbie
  • Machka9
    Options
    Thanks to the Alphabet Challenge last month! :):)

6gka2ytuvhc6.png

Machka in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    Options
    Slept for a couple of hours and here I am..awake again...here is hoping I can get back to sleep within the next couple of hours..
    I didnt go out so didnt pick up Zzquil ,will pick some up today as I need to take Dan to work at 2..
    Wish me luck that I can get back to sleep soon.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I nearly always have cold feet. It has to be 85° or above before I take my socks off. I wear them in bed. At the moment I wear bamboo ones. Always black, always, unless I'm going out walking/running when I change to sports socks.
    In the house I wear slippers, black velvet, ballerina type, with hard soles. Those look OK with most smart casual clothes for visitors, as it's usual to take shoes off when entering a house these days. ( I take my slippers with me when visiting someone. ) I have a stash of hotel slippers to offer people who haven't brought their own.
    I always have a problem with certain skirts or dresses that only look good with knee length boots. That means I can't wear them anywhere where you have to take your shoes off. The problem is, I hate tights, so often wear boots with just socks, which does not look good if you have to take them off. Consequently I don't wear them often and mainly to restaurants. Black, silky leggings have come to my rescue , but not in warm weather.
    So, if I am going to someone's house, I have to take into consideration an outfit that doesn't look silly with my slippers!
    This last year I have not been inside any one's house at all, so, no problem! :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    :p
  • Machka9
    Options
    It's been rather rumbly down in this corner of the world recently (but so far not right here) and we've had big swells around our little island. Tore a pontoon loose at a neighbouring beach.

https://earthquakes.ga.gov.au/

jixoecsr57ls.png
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    Options
    Terri - I love your hair that length! :D Very glam.

Ordered the fish and chips delivery for tonight. No cooking for me! Just got to put Prosecco in the fridge. :p<3

Beth - If you are reading this at all, we are thinking of you. <3<3<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx