WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2021

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Allie—Our dog had cancer last year. It was located under his tail. The vet prescribed pain meds and made us wait for surgery until the tumor “matured.” He’s had his surgery and is doing well. I hope your pup's situation is also treatable. 🌸
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,952 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: 12 mins T’ai Chi outside on deck, annual exam, Library, 14 mins wii, agenda email.
    Bonus: 24 mins walk in place.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments, call bank re missing extra escrow payment, research activating new iphones, charging options, recycling, call S, start taxes, fire district: then meeting notice to paper, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; FM Cu, watch STAS Day 20, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments.
    Mindful March:
    5: Take three calm breaths at regular intervals throughout the day: always good practice ;)

Annual exam, cholesterol up, balance better.
    Cholesterol numbers bounced back way up after stopping the atorvastatin (due side effects). Plan is to start Parvastatin, increase aerobic activity, cut back on the cheese and lowfat cottage cheese. Vit D decreased, time to add another tsp of cod liver oil. ABI shows peripheral vascular disease on the left side, possibly residual damage from the blood clots in 2017. Plan is to continue and increase walking, T’ai Chi. Some neuropthy especially in hands, start alpha lipoic acid, yoga/stretching, meditation and increase water to 60 oz/daily. Blood pressure good enough to continue to avoid rx, just watch that salt.
    Balance was miraculously better than last year, so much so I think there was a glitch in the machine ;)

Allie, sorry to hear you’re not ready to keep Alfie full time. Hope Tom or Elena bring him often to visit.
    KJ that was a wise choice you made.
    Sue in WA so relieved the irregular heartbeat is not serious enough to require intervention.

Thanks ?Dee? ?Teresa? for turning me on to the National Parks’ hikes on YouTube. Walked the first 24 minutes of the Secret Pool hike in Yosemite National Park – upper Yosemite falls, something I would never have been able to do in person. That is one steep, rocky, confusing trail, but Oh! So beautiful!

So like Tracey, I’m too tired tonight to comment much.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    March: leaner/stronger/kinder than January and February.
    daily: sit with Joe: 4, weigh: 4; steps>5627= vits=4, log=4, CI<CO=3, CI<250<CO=2, Tumble=6 Shadow=5 mfp=4 outside=5 up hill=3
    wkly: BB&B, T’ai Chi=4 or SWSY or wii =1 x5= rx= dance= clean 60 mins= packwalk=2, wt=2/28:142.4, 3/7 3/14 3/21 3/28 3/31
    mnthly: board mtg=, grant= , 21 plan= bonus: AF=3 play=1 sew= waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

can you please tell me what to look for for the Parks hikes??? I haven't been back in years but we did hike the falls a few times(one time my best friend and I swam up there, we didn't see the No Swimming sign until we got out.
    I just got all of my grandma's old slides and there are a lot of Yosemite ones. We went every summer- the whole family, all the aunts/uncles/cousins and grandparents. Great memories. One year grandma took just us girls and my best friend. Another time it was my now former hubby, best friend and her fiance- that was my last trip there. Current husband could not do the hikes or even feel comfortable walking unless it was flat paved roads.

Debbie
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,952 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Tina in CA: This morning I woke up with less of a headache!!! YAY!!! We had the Phizer vaccine. I think this is progress. DH & I have our second vaccinations March 30. Neither DH nor I have had any virus symptoms. :star:

Heather: If this is not your bread recipe, I think I know where I found it—Sunset Magazine, many years ago. I’m happy to share with anyone. :flowerforyou:

Annie in DE: I envy your horseback ride. I haven’t been to the stable since mid-December. I haven’t seen my friend and I haven’t seen Arrow. This has been a hard winter because of the pandemic, not because of the weather. :ohwell:

Debbie: Happy Birthday! I think I may have missed it. If so, Happy belated birthday. :embarassed:

Allie: Sending good wishes for Homer. :heart:

DH and I will be getting our second Phizer vacinations March 30. I am eager to get it done and HOPE to return to my normal life. My first vaccination headache has eased. I want to go to yoga at the gym and I want to visit Arrow at the stable. I want to see my friends even if we are not five feet apart.

Katla in misty NW Oregon

Thanks- You didn't miss it- it is this coming Monday.

I got the Phizer shot yesterday- arm is sore like the flu shot. Didn't bother me until I laid on it. Woke up with a tiny head ache but as soon as I drank a little tea, it was gone(that is normal many mornings). second one 3/25
    I was worried about the side effects beings I had heard that those who have had the virus can get worse ones.
    But, if you ask my sister, I didn't even have the virus because over three weeks from being sick(and almost two months after being exposed,) I tested negative- She says(and I do NOT believe her) that I would test positive for three months IF I had it. She was sick at the same time but different symptoms and was tested right away because of her work. Mom and I are almost positive the symptoms she had and they were BAD, were alcohol related- poisoning or withdrawl or both. I tried looking up on line to see if what she said is true or not- It just says you may test positive up to 3 months after but not that you will for sure.

Anyone know the answer. Would like to know the answer- tired of her comments.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    Machka and Debbie - Happy birthday to you both!👍🌞👑👑🎉
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    Options
    Katla- yes only thing is Homer is 15 and has bounced back twice from what we thought would take him,Tom just texted and said both the bpys were up on Homie hill,that is the arm of the couch where they can look out the window. That makes him feel better.. This dog has been loved through lots of sickness and we can only hope he does it again..
    I did a couple of walks today and will do more. I did speak with the drs office and they said yes i could take zzquil so will pick some up..also im still in Afib ugh and im sure will have to have one procedure or another to rectify it..
    Will do my PT too..
    I am tired but will not sleep..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    We've just eaten the pizza I made. Half each. Excellent! The dough itself is 195 calories per portion. With the toppings, mozzarella, nduja, prosciutto, olives, broccoli, artichoke, with a tiny bit of tomato sauce, plus a dressed green salad, I made it 500 each. The dough was wholemeal frozen in a ball, two in a packet so I can do it again. We both thought it was brilliant. :D

We're going to have fish and chips delivery tomorrow from UberEats. 25% off. I'm going to cook my own mushy peas, much cheaper!
    The one thing i can't really cook at home is deep fried fish. The cod portion is absolutely huge. :D We share one small chips (fries) between us. I leave about half of the batter.

To work all this food off I've done 980 calories burn today. Should come out even.

My weight hasn't shifted at all over this last year. I would love to lose a little bit, but it's not a disaster. I'm happy enough. The roll around my waist is aesthetically annoying, but not awful! When I get back to normal outside activity I hope I will shave off the excess.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Options
    I am working at dropping some weight. Our doctor pointed out to me that I was up. 😳. I am working toward getting rid of at least 20 of those pounds. It will take some time. I know what I’ve been doing that put those pounds on and also know that it is time to weigh my portions until I reach my healthy weight. 🙊🙉🙈
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Going in between Highway to Heaven and Waltons.. loving it.. again trying to stay awake..
  • Katla49
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,551 Member
    Options
    Tttttt
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Anne--So happy you got to visit your friend and ride. Spring is in the air.

Happy Birthday to Macka and Debbie.

I am so excited it's Friday and I have the next 2 days off. Have a great weekend.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Still in A Fib at least thats what the holter monitor says.. will see what he plans on doing when i see him on the 16th..
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,922 Member
    Options
    :) We got our second jab this afternoon. Yippee. We won't do anything differently but we feel that we are doing our part to make the world a safer place
    <3 Barbie in NW WA
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options
    Still in A Fib at least thats what the holter monitor says.. will see what he plans on doing when i see him on the 16th..

I wish you could see the doctor sooner.

I'm glad you've been approved for something to help you sleep.

Do you have a home nurse looking in on you from time to time?
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Machka- did in the beginning like 3-4 visits ,but no ,im on my own for right now..
    If I need help with something ill ask one of my kids..
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options
    Machka- did in the beginning like 3-4 visits ,but no ,im on my own for right now..
    If I need help with something ill ask one of my kids..

I'm thinking more about you feeling so uncomfortable and not able to sleep. It would have been helpful if you could have had a chat with a home care nurse about it.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🌛😴🌜
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,551 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 56min 40sec, 3.20ap, 83ahr, 98mhr, 6.30mi= 552c
    Strava app- 763c
    *route via shepherd to restroom stop n bk