Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Kim))) — You are a kind and generous woman. I am sorry you were hurt. ❤️
  • Katla49
    Options
    Viv UK: We had our first vaccinations yesterday and it was Pfizer. My arm is sore, but not too bad. I had a little bit of headache, too, also not too bad. My second vaccination is supposed to be on March 30. I look forward to it. :star:

Rebecca: The deviled eggs are beyond cute. The problem is that they have faces—no way could I eat one of them. I’d feel like a cannibal. :noway:

Barbie: I also use my phone to read books. I listened to audio books for all the years that I commuted to work but have not continued with it since retirement. DH is usually with me on longer car rides and the audio books irritate him. :ohwell: The penguin eggs are appealing. Since they don’t have faces I might be able to eat them. :wink:

Allie: Sorry you’re having trouble sleeping. It is 4 am, and I’m also having trouble sleeping. I haven’t a clue why I’m restless tonight. I have a bit of a headache and that may be what keeps me awake now. :ohwell:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Katla - You could listen to audio books on your phone through headphones. I use Bluetooth ear buds or ordinary ones.

Kate UK - I had my gallbladder out around the year 2001, or thereabouts. I certainly couldn't have continued with the agonising attacks of pain. :sad: They did it telescopically and I recovered very quickly. About a week. I only had one night in hospital. I had a small bottle full of yellow, pyramid shaped stones in my gallbladder, the like of which the surgeons had never seen before. :o I have kept them in my 'precious curiosities' box and like to show them to the grandchildren.
    I have absolutely no problem with greasy food, or any food at all. Definitely worth it. <3

Singing Zoom in half an hour. :D

Lamb Tagine tonight. Hairy Bikers diet recipe. Broccoli.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    :) We moved to Washington from California with the help of friends who lived here. They came down and helped us pack and transport our possessions. We stayed at their house for awhile and then suddenly they turned on us and didn't want us around and never said why. I was sad, because she had been a friend for years, almost like a sister. Later I recalled that she had done the same thing to others and someone suggested to me that I should be grateful that I didn't live inside her head. That helped me.

:'( Grief comes in all sizes and shapes and applies not only to the death of a loved one, but to the death of beloved possession or dream. We all get to grieve in our own way and no one should say anything about it. When I broke my bluetooth headphones yesterday, what I felt was a variation on grief. They go with me on my morning walks and to Zoom meetings. I spend more time with them than I do with other people. I rely on them. Fortunately I was able to walk through the grief and seek a solution.

<3Kim, I'm sorry you were hurt by your friend.

:) Amazon made my gratitude list today because I was able to order new bluetooth headphones that will arrive possibly as early as tomorrow. I have a set of corded earbuds that are awkward but will work for my walks until then.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Well I got the dogs to the groomers and came home and slept a couple more hrs.. i had to...i was like a zombie.. i have a telemed visit with endocrinologist this afternoon and my groceries will be delivered between 11-1
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    Happy (belated) Birthday Barbara and Vicki! I hope you both had WONDERFUL birthdays! :smiley:

This thread moves so fast, I always feel like I'm a couple days late to the party! :sunglasses:

Heather : your bread looks so amazingly delicious. Can you share the recipe?

KJ : In my opinion, your DBIL should have never involved you in the matter in the first place. :disappointed:

Kim : I'm so sorry you are hurting about your friend's decision to no longer be friends with you. And I agree that YES, it most certainly is grief! Even as one might grieve because of a divorce. :flowerforyou:

re phones : I use my phone A LOT! In fact, I've had to delete apps OFF of my phone, because there isn't much memory left and my phone is extremely slow and sometimes bogs down. Ugh. But I use it a lot to listen to audiobooks from the library, or music if I'm working out. I also use it to research things on the internet, and to update my MFP food diary (exclusively use the phone for the food diary), but I use the laptop to get on these community threads.

I do not have games or Facebook or other social media. (I took FB off because I would often lose a whole hour or more of my day scrolling FB - which I did not like!) I have a massage business so my online appointment system is an app on my phone as well. It sends me a text when people book or cancel/reschedule a massage appt with me. I also use the Amazon Music app on it when I'm giving massages - it plays to a small bluetooth speaker that I have in the massage room. (I just have to be sure to MUTE the phone before the massage begins). I do have both my personal email and massage biz email on my phone as well. I rarely do email on the laptop. I also have my bank's app on my phone so that I can deposit (massage) checks remotely by simply taking a photo of them. Then I only have to go to the bank if I have cash that way. And I use SQUARE to accept credit cards (another app on my phone!) :smiley:

I mostly text and sometimes make an occasional phone call. I use the alarm feature for work "reminders" (mostly zoom meetings) - oh and I have a reminder app that reminds me of upcoming important dates / appointments / birthdays, etc.

For Christmas DH got me bluetooth earbuds and I LOVE THEM! :blush:

I'm finally caught up (again), have a wonderful day/night/evening ladies!

:heart: Teresa in OH
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    Fffff
  • Katla49
    Options
    I didn’t sleep well last night & I’m sure it was caused by my vaccination. I had a headache that was expected. The second vaccination will be at the end of the month. I look forward to getting it done and hope to return to yoga classes and visiting the stable again.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    As part of Drew's treatment I am also to try and keep her calm. This makes sense to me too because it is the best environment for healing.

I agree with the comments on Grief. There are many kinds of losses in life and how a person grieves is unique to them and needs a space to honor that grief.

I know my melt down at the Vet's was partially due to all loss I went through this year. It being 3 in the morning also contributed.

Last night one of the florist talked how being part of this Art in Zoom helped her with the loss of four family memebers this year. Three were her brothers.

The art work was a painting of a scene where the sky was full of smoke and fire. There was a pond with the sides full of trash and an old tire was sticking out of the water. She felt this painting sung to her the feeling of grief. In the middle there was a nest with a mother robin feeding her young babies. She interpreted this as hope in the middle of all this grief. Instead of using flowers to represent the robin and her babies in her floral representation of the piece she chose four things from nature that have with stood the test of time. One of them was the fern...and a plant I am not familar, and the other was two other green plants again not sure of their name. She choose these to represent HOPE amongst all the grief she was feeling.

I have seen and experienced many works of arts and glories of nature. This touched my soul and gave me HOPE too by sharing in her grief.

Art is creating to touch a soul be it the creator or the audience.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Teresa - I tried to find the exact same recipe on line that I printed off, and have in my folder, 8 years ago, but it's gone. There are LOADS on there though. I've started using the Dutch oven method and I have a pot just the right size. I transfer the dough into it on greaseproof (baking) paper. Just Google No Knead Bread. I used a mixture of wholegrain and white flour. In the past I have thrown in a handful of rye, but I didn’t have any. It makes a very holey bread, like ciabatta.
    I haven't eaten it yet, as it's in the freezer for future use, but it looks very 'mooreish', as my mother would say.
    My mother refused to buy the delicious bread from the real baker in town, except for special occasions. "You'll only eat it," she said. She was right. It lasted about ten minutes. :D
    I thought she was being ridiculous, but now I understand what she meant.

Singing Zoom went very well. We have one very old lady on there, who always causes chaos, :# but otherwise most people are grasping the technology.

Must go and do a bit of rowing . I'm now watching Deutschland 83 on my tablet while I row. In German with subtitles. I'm stll pining for Call My Agent. I might have to give in and start at the beginning again. :'( I have read they are filming a 5th series for next year. Don't know if that's a good idea or not.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Kim - you may remember that I posted here about the agony I went through over my friend Jeanette from high school…we had been close friends for over 35 years…it was/is as agonizing as any loss I have had, including the deaths of close family members. It’s definitely grief, and for me it is ongoing, although less intense now, as I have accepted it, and am no longer holding my breath, hoping for change. I am sorry your heart is hurting, dear Kim.

Karen in Virginia
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Did Cathe Drill Max DVD today. Tomorrow I’ll probably do an extreme strength DVD. Now I know that I need to mark on the envelope of the DVD’s that I downloaded if they are cardio or weights. Sometimes you can’t tell just by the name of the DVD.

Debbie – our church has been having inside services for a while, too. I honestly didn’t feel comfortable. I probably will when we get home since it’ll be more than 3 weeks since we’ve had the second shot. I just wonder how many additional people there will be for Easter. Happy early birthday

Tracey – lol the meme. What I do is many times in stores they mist the vegetables so I touch something and get some of that water on my fingers. Another thing I do is when I go in a store I take one of their antiseptic wipes. That usually is enough to moisten my fingers enough to open the bag. But it CAN be frustrating

Drkatie & M – I take my tablet with me when I go to the doctors etc. to do the exact same thing –read a book, check email, etc.

Exercised then went to the laundromat to wash the cover for the bed then home to put in a load of laundry because Loki peed on the bed yesterday. We didn’t give him the fluoxitene yesterday because Vince thought he looked “out of it”. But it seems that the feliway is getting low and we did have the door open a lot so that may have had something to do with it. So we gave him the fluoxitene today. Then I went in the pool (or I should say I laid by the pool) then went to this place to buy some chocolate for the gal who is watching our house while we’re away. There was this article about how they had chocolate inflused with CBD. I’d never heard of that so I had to get some. Got her a variety pack (no CBD). I tried one of the chocolates, to me it tasted terrible.

Barbara – I tried the stevia. To me, it had somewhat of an aftertaste. To me, give me a bit of the real thing or give me nothing at all. And many times I wind up with nothing at all. But that’s ok

After getting the chocolate went to see if I can get some shells. I didn’t realize that they charged you to get into the Canaveral Seashore. An annual pass for seniors is $20, a lifetime pass is $80. I don’t think I need to spend that much just to get shells

FitnessPal. - welcome back!

Kerri – welcome!

Supposed to go see a friend down here who is repainting a sign for me. I’ll pick it up tomorrow. I’ll probably give her something for her work. I also made her a loaf of sourdough bread. Need to make a loaf tomorrow for friends we’re meeting on Friday.

Okie – you’re right, every animal is different. Our vet told us that some chocolate wouldn’t harm a cat/dog. I know that when Vince was little, the dog they had always had a chocolate cake with chocolate icing for his birthday and that dog lived a long time. Hope Drew is better fast

Katla – we had the second shot a few days before Valentine’s day. The only kind of band-aid they had was one of those plain boring beige ones. So I asked the gal to at least draw hearts on it for me and she did!

Anne DE – if it were me, I’d drive your dad. Everyone is different, some people will have a reaction immediately, some a half hour later (which is when you’d be in the car) and some the next day. To be on the safe side, I think I’d drive him.

Looks like I forgot to post yesterday. Well, it’s now Thursday.
    Did an extreme strength DVD. I think tomorrow I’ll do a step DVD and then maybe use the virtual class for a little bit.

While I was there, these guys were doing a shaun T workout on a MacBook with external speakers. I want something lighter than my laptop!!! Vince is going to look into something like it. I know that he doesn’t want an Apple product but I’m sure that there’s something out there that I can use. The goal is to be able to listen to the DVD (even if I have to use my bluetooth headphones), have as little as possible to have to carry to the gym.

Pip – Wish I had your good eye for decorating!

Just made the loaf of sourdough bread for our friends that we’re seeing tomorrow. This is the last loaf I’m planning to make down here

Down here at the condo I constantly use my phone to either listen to ebooks or Sirius XM when I’m at the pool

Too breezy and cold today so no pool (waaa)

Kim – thank you for the poem. It’s helping me to deal with Bryan.

I took Facebook off my tablet because I would get so many notices. I just can’t be bothered.

Better post this before I forget again.

Michele in FL
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP for seven years now, and lost six pounds. I guess it takes more than chatting in forums! But thank you ladies for the encouragement and companionship along the way. Priceless!

I think I am just used to myself at this weight 170. My walking is not going well because of bursitis, which would get better if I lost weight. Maybe that will finally convince me that 170 is not okay.

Annie in Delaware
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Thanks for info re gallbladder. Have stocked up on fruit, veg and no fat yogurt. Had porridge with lots of berries for lunch, I don’t eat breakfast. Going to have a huge salad for tea with bit of lean meat for protein. Later May have yogurt and fruit. It’ll probably help me lose some pounds, hopefully 😀

Son had his 1st jab this morning, AstraZenica.

Stay safe

Kate UK ❤️
  • Katla49
    Options
    Heather: I listened to audio books for years while I was commuting back and forth to work. Now I get my disciplined exercise riding my terra-tryke in the garage. It is set up to let me pedal my heart out and stay right where I am. I can adjust the difficulty level. I read books regularly on my phone or read a paperback book while I ride. I haven’t chosen to listen to an audio book in quite a while. :star: I also had gallbladder surgery. I had one gallstone & it was nearly the size of a robin’s egg. I’m glad that is done forever. :bigsmile:

Allie: I hope your visit with the endocrinologist goes well. :star:

Margaret: I enjoy art but do not have the gift for creating it. DH & I have some cherished photos, paintings and an antique nautical chart. :heart:

Karen in VA: I remember your situation and grief. Your comments to Kim are both kind and wise. :star:

Kim: I am so sorry that you are hurting. Losing someone you thought of as a friend is hard. You are one of the kindest individuals I’ve known & you helped me though a rough patch last summer after our town’s high school graduation. I will always remember your kindness. :heart:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    Katla you are part of the artistic process. An artist enjoys having an audience to sing to and one who enjoys their art and finds meaning.
  • Katla49
    Options
    Margaret: Thank you! I am happy to be an audience for lovely art and good music. :bigsmile:
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Katla- yes they want me to get genetic testing and they got the approval.so she wants to go over what needs to be done.