• nighttimediva
    nighttimediva Posts: 3 Member
    Wow... so inspiring!!! :)
  • Analog_Kid
    Analog_Kid Posts: 976 Member
    Great story! Fantastic accomplishment!
  • celticstar0610
    celticstar0610 Posts: 25 Member
    Your consistent work is commendable. How much better you must feel. Brava, well done.
  • TheRealBigDeal
    TheRealBigDeal Posts: 8 Member
    Very inspiring!! Thank you for sharing your journey with us!
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Inspiring, Thank You for sharing.
  • TiredMom2021
    TiredMom2021 Posts: 25 Member
    What great work and an inspiring attitude! Thank you for sharing your journey. You look great!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Wow.. what an amazing feat. Well done 👏
  • suzfirebird
    suzfirebird Posts: 49 Member
    Very inspiring! You are strong! Thank you for sharing!
  • TheHappyLoser
    TheHappyLoser Posts: 95 Member
    This is what I have to lose. Congratulations on your success. Thanks for sharing.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    You inspire me
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    <3
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    What a wonderful job!!
  • BeUncommon
    BeUncommon Posts: 116 Member
    daydream58 wrote: »
    First, deepest condolences on the loss of your Dad. He would be very proud of what you have achieved, and you are indeed very inspiring! Your determination and grit are awe inspiring as well as motivational for me.

I'm just returning to the trough as it were after a few years away. My weight was very stable for a LONG time but somehow the last couple years (especially last year) I managed to pack it back on, so seeing a story like yours, and your willingness to share it for the benefit of others - well thanks from the bottom of my heart.

I don't talk about what's going on with my weight to anyone IRL, but somehow sharing online is easier. This is a very non-judgmental place, filled with non-judgmental people... that helps! Keep it up, you're doing GREAT.

Thank you so much :) I think alot of people find it hard to share. I always try and distract from my weight with humour. I am trying to stop doing that. Losing weight is sooo hard. People that have never had to deal with being overweight, i don't believe can understand how hard it actually is to lose it. It is a constant battle. I don't really believe I have ever been a real inspiration to anyone but it makes me feel so good that I have inspired people here. Please feel free to add me or message me anytime even if it is simply to rant :)
  • BeUncommon
    BeUncommon Posts: 116 Member
    dcdubois35 wrote: »
    Your journey is remarkable. I have survived a heart attack, stroke, and 12 major surgeries. Now at 90 I am trying to lose #55.I am encouraged that this can be done by just counting calories plus some reasonable amount of exercise. Before the pandemic closed gyms I worked out for 2 hours seven days a week. I had to utilize the medication Prednisone for over two years and Prednisone has a side effect of weight gain. Excuse perhaps, but I ballooned up. Now, inspired by your journey and those of others I am down 20 lbs in 2 months

First of all, thank you to everyone who responded to this post :) It really means alot to me x

dcdubois35 - seems to me you are already a warrior yourself. 90 years old and you were working out at the gym? hell, you inspire me!! I do understand about prednisone and yes it does make you balloon up so not really an excuse but a fact. Sound like you are well on your way to reaching your goal!! Keep going.. you got this!
  • judefit1
    judefit1 Posts: 510 Member
    Thank you so much for sharing your story- You've changed your life and inspired us to do so as well!

• guidojeanine
    guidojeanine Posts: 5 Member
    Wow you look great!!! Keep up the good work. Your story is very inspirational 😁
  • JudyCoventry917
    JudyCoventry917 Posts: 4 Member
    Such a inspiration you are! Wonderful consistency 👏
  • lorabelllee
    lorabelllee Posts: 54 Member
    You look great! With your determination I am sure you will reach your goal. You are such an inspiration to so many here. Bless you for sharing your story and good luck with the rest of your journey. Can't wait to see you at goal weight!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!