Lost 166lbs and going strong (pic)

Replies

• cugogirl2017
    cugogirl2017 Posts: 8,764 Member
    Thank you for posting this incredibly heart felt story. I am sorry for the loss of your dad, I can tell he was quite and inspiration to you. I can't help but feel he is well aware of your journey and is proud and smiling.You are an inspiration to many of us. You have done an amazing job and I look forward to hearing about your journey in the future. Best wishes to you.
  • ljmorgi
    ljmorgi Posts: 264 Member
    You are awesome, and so is your shirt!
  • BeUncommon
    BeUncommon Posts: 116 Member
    You look great! With your determination I am sure you will reach your goal. You are such an inspiration to so many here. Bless you for sharing your story and good luck with the rest of your journey. Can't wait to see you at goal weight!

Thank you so very much for all your kind words :) You really make a girl feel special.. Good luck to all of you xo
  • BeUncommon
    BeUncommon Posts: 116 Member
    Thank you for posting this incredibly heart felt story. I am sorry for the loss of your dad, I can tell he was quite and inspiration to you. I can't help but feel he is well aware of your journey and is proud and smiling.You are an inspiration to many of us. You have done an amazing job and I look forward to hearing about your journey in the future. Best wishes to you.

Thank you so much :) That really means alot, and I sure hope he is.. I miss him so very much.
    ljmorgi wrote: »
    You are awesome, and so is your shirt!

Thank you x.. Had to go back and look at what shirt I had on :) xo

• tifcon2
    tifcon2 Posts: 2 Member
    Great job. Keep it up.
  • siouxieq62
    siouxieq62 Posts: 16 Member
    you are a remarkable person for your weight loss and for your determination...your father would surely be so proud of you!!!!! Would love to friend you if I might?? Thank you for posting and looking forward to more posts :smile:)
  • NotBonJovi
    NotBonJovi Posts: 187 Member
    Whoa, superb! I am sorry for your loss but amazed by your transformation.

giphy.gif
  • peterduncan1
    peterduncan1 Posts: 1 Member
    You are an inspiration as I am needing 2 knee replacements but if you can do it so can I, keep it going.
  • Bravo on your success. I, too, have been doing a different way of eating for the last, nearly two years. The anniversary of when I began is April 1. I see a nutritionist fairly often, write down my food, make a gratitude list, and write down something from one of the anonymous programs, and get tremendous support from participating in that support program.

I, too, have bone on bone, but I am choosing another course of action, and I want to recommend it to you as well. You can start by reading or listening to any book by John Sarno, MD. The books are ancient by now, but full of info about pain and our experience of it. John Sarno was a physician at NYU who used to do a series of four lectures to patients who were needing surgery for back pain. 85% of those patients did not have the surgery after going to all the lectures. He talked about the mechanism of how pain/nerve endings/physical experiences were perceived by the body, and offered a different way of being with the body. Essentially, he was one of the first people to go deeply into the body-mind connection.

I had two major spinal surgeries, one at 13, the other at 23. I am in my sixties now, and I have time periods when my body aches and it doesn't stop. When I focus for even a minute on what the pain is telling me, it disappears. We all the capacity to do this.

At this point in time, I also use the Curable app, which reinforces that the experience of pain is in our perception of it, and has a variety of ways to addressing and removing that pain.

I don't mean to grab attention from your remarkable achievement, but I did want to pass along the hope that you DO NOT opt for surgery.
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Awesome job!
  • chipsgirl123
    chipsgirl123 Posts: 8 Member
    Be uncommon - what an incredible achievement. You should be so so proud of yourself. Am so sorry for the lost of your Dad. I lost mine nearly four months ago and the saying that you quoted on your post resounded with me. You have really inspired me to try and lose weight.
    Wishing you more continued success and sending you lots of virtual high fives. x
  • Miz_Owl
    Miz_Owl Posts: 3,026 Member
    Congratulations !
  • queanmum
    queanmum Posts: 28 Member
    Dang, you're beautiful! Thanks for posting. :)
  • clmath
    clmath Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you for sharing. You are inspiring!!
  • jdqw
    jdqw Posts: 1 Member
    Wow what an achievement, can I ask how many calories you ate in a day please?
  • mvkimmel
    mvkimmel Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you for sharing, very inspiring!
  • adrianit2017
    adrianit2017 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm very sorry about your dad. I lost my mum a couple of years ago so I know the unique pain that comes with losing a parent.

You are such an inspiration. Keep it up, you're doing amazingly.

Just thinking about your knee - is it possible to do the same amount of exercise but low impact? Eg. swimming, or using a rowing machine? Most gyms offer a free trial so you could test out a rower to see how your knee goes? I would also suggest an exercise bike but I hate them personally as they hurt my bum!

If none of those are options maybe some hiking sticks for support?
  • ramona25121971
    ramona25121971 Posts: 1 Member
    Well done! You have done such an amazing job, keep up the good work! Thank you for the inspiration, this will help me to get back on track. You look wonderful!!!
  • armin338
    armin338 Posts: 4 Member
    Truly, you are a inspiring person!!
  • Newme1yearfromNOW
    Newme1yearfromNOW Posts: 9 Member
    So amazing!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!