What are YOU eating for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• SherrillSchoof
    SherrillSchoof Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    1/2 C dry oatmeal, cooked in 1 C water then add 1/8 C mixed nut/dried fruit mix and 1 T brown Sugar. I'm not hungry for at least 2-3 hours, just in time for a break at work and a banana. Coffee is always a must for me. Enjoy a healthy breakfast, it really is the most important meal of the day. No matter what you call it, it is the first meal after your longest time of sleep. Rest then refuel the body.
  • JKlappBunz
    Options
    2 eggs w salsa.
    Rice cake w. Natural PB.
    2 Slices of Arnold Double Protein Bread.
    Black Coffee w. Honey.
    Usually some sort of fruit.

Also, days where I know I may not have the means or time to get food in me every 3-4 hours I either add cottage cheese, oatmeal or a Greek yogurt to the meal.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I have Greek yogurt with whatever fruit I have on hand and granola :). I sometimes do scrambled eggs with random veggies in it but I usually dont have time, as my two boys wake up at around the same time.
  • SherrillSchoof
    SherrillSchoof Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Your ideas sound yummy and healthy. I think I'll try them next week. Thanks for the input.
  • amberkeever1
    amberkeever1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Greek Fruit on bottom yogurt and GF Muesli or 2 TBSP Chia.
  • katorihanzo
    katorihanzo Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I always always eat breakfast. Not because I think I have to, I'm just always STARVING in the morning and love to munch on a piece of whole grain toast with PB and honey with a cup of coffee while reading the paper. Either that or a bowl of cheerios or a bowl of oatmeal with hemp hearts and banana.
  • engian
    engian Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    1 cup non-fat cottage cheese + 1 cup mixed berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberies, strawberries)

Or

1 cup non-fat Fage Greek yogurt + 1/2 cup granola (several varieties)

Plus

Coffee sweetened with Stevia
  • elmcmillan
    Options
    I make a greek yogurt smoothie every morning--great protein, low calorie, drink on the way to work and keeps me full all morning. Takes 5 minutes in the morning with just a little weekend prep work (chopping and freezing bananas in individual ziploc bags). You don't need a fancy smoothie blender, but do need a good quality blender; our $50 Oster does the trick. This recipe makes 2 servings; the hubs loves them, too.

1 Cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    1 banana, sliced & frozen
    1 cup nonfat vanilla greek yogurt
    2 cups chopped frozen fruit (your choice--pineapple, berries, peaches, etc)
    6 ice cubes
    1 packet splenda or 1 squirt agave nectar

Blend until smooth.
  • Bobbiezilla
    Bobbiezilla Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Toast with butter, fruit and an egg ; oatmeal with raisins ; bacon or sausage, eggs and tomato ; mushroom, spinach, and cheese scrambled eggs ; blueberry pancakes ; quiche
    I love breakfast!
  • ketoambahh
    Options
    I usually eat a bowl of Kashi blueberry cereal with milk, and a 8oz glass of OJ. Occasionally I'll pair that with a yogurt for more protein/calcium.
  • freekat
    freekat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Porridge - 1/3 cup oats, 1/3 cup skim milk, 10g flax seed, banana. mmmmmmmmmm :love:
  • Docpremie
    Docpremie Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Since "most" women should have around 100-125 grams of protein/day (minimum requirement) to minimize muscle loss while dieting....

Just curious about the basis for this. Let me preface further comments with the admission that I actually have not researched this myself at all, but MFP calculates my daily goal to be only 63 grams. That said, I almost always go over, although I am usually within my calorie goal...working on that. :)

MFP give a VERY LOW protein goal. Recommendation is "at least" 1 gm/pound of LEAN body mass. That works out to about 100-125 grams for most women, unless you're really tiny. I use 125 grams as my "minimum" protein goal for the day, but shoot for closer to 140-145 grams/day (= 1 gram/pound of my final goal weight). That is why I don't understand all the carb heavy, low protein breakfast ideas. I like to start hitting my protein goal hard in the morning, otherwise I'm fighting to eat protein all day long. I also like to distribute my carbs throughout the day, not eat a bunch at one meal.
  • trillxbella
    Options
    I usually eat a piece of toast with peanut butter on it. sometimes I'll fry an egg (white only) and put it on a piece of toast and top it with cheese.

or green yogurt, frozen fruit, and one oats n honey nature valley bar (half of pack).

annnnddd sometimes I fry potatoes in bacon grease with bacon and eggs (yolk included) :blushing:
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I make a greek yogurt smoothie every morning--great protein, low calorie, drink on the way to work and keeps me full all morning. Takes 5 minutes in the morning with just a little weekend prep work (chopping and freezing bananas in individual ziploc bags). You don't need a fancy smoothie blender, but do need a good quality blender; our $50 Oster does the trick. This recipe makes 2 servings; the hubs loves them, too.

1 Cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    1 banana, sliced & frozen
    1 cup nonfat vanilla greek yogurt
    2 cups chopped frozen fruit (your choice--pineapple, berries, peaches, etc)
    6 ice cubes
    1 packet splenda or 1 squirt agave nectar

Blend until smooth.

I love using fresh fruit in smoothies instead of ice.....and this sounds like a lovely way to start the day. : )
  • Templar_Cullen
    Options
    Had a Simple and Fit Season Crepes at Ihop, I like that the yogurt HAD to be pink for me to know it's strawberry, should've just asked to nix the yogurt, otherwise. Haven't had crepes in awhile, it was alright.
  • oricca
    oricca Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Q1
  • Zephalia
    Zephalia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Not being a morning person, I don't allot myself time to cook or prepare much food in the mornings. I usually stay in bed until I have to get up and out the door - along with readying my two young kids for school.

I have found a great morning kick is to throw some frozen fruits in a blender (my go to is a banana, blueberries & strawberries) with some yogurt, skim milk and flax seed meal or chia seeds with a dash of honey. It's filling, energizing, cleansing and only about 250-350 calories depending what I put in that day.

I have found a huge change in my energy level for the day and my bathroom regularity by drinking smoothies in the morning during the week. They only take a couple minutes to prepare and I drink it on the way to work.
  • TenderMoon
    TenderMoon Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Kale Smoothie...1 C chopped kale, 1/2 C Tropicana reduced sugar OJ, 1/2 C Silk original soy milk, 1 T ground flax seeds, small frozen banana, 1/2 scoop protein powder, few ice cubes.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    this week it's eggs, buffalo chicken sausage, toast with butter, and coffee with baileys irish creme creamer.
  • MattNorrisUL
    MattNorrisUL Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    i eat 2 hardboiled eggs every morning. that's it. :)