20 pounds to lose challenge April 1-July 31

Options

Replies

• lperkins5
    lperkins5 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    kwgrandma wrote: »
    lperkins5 wrote: »
    pros and cons... the question is, which is the best day to weigh-in and why, Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday?

Great question!

Since my husband and I enjoy eating out on weekends (it’s been take-out since Covid) and those foods are more difficult to calculate even with MFP, I weigh in on Friday morning. That way I know where my weight is before allowing myself to partake in what might be more caloric foods. It’s worked well for me and kind of feels like rewarding myself a bit for dietary diligence throughout the week.

Thanks for the response...and great reasons....Let's keep it going!
  • lperkins5
    Options
    shnerb00 wrote: »
    lperkins5 wrote: »

This group has helped me take my own advise, and I’ll share that later...but for now, If you all don't mind, I'd like to do some research, pros and cons... the question is, which is the best day to weigh-in and why, Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday?

I love Monday’s for the fresh start but Fridays for having something to work toward all week. I find the weekdays the easiest to stay on track so I’m most likely to see progress at the end of the work week. Haven’t decided yet which day I’ll pick for this group ... leaning toward Friday.

Thanks, @shnerb00, I too struggle which Friday vs. Monday, I'm not sure if I trust myself to limit my intake over the weekend. I love the finer things in life, especially great wine, steaks, desserts, and my other guilty pleasure of peanuts. I do weigh myself everyone single day, but only count it on my official weigh-in day...
  • EternalTruth
    EternalTruth Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    “This group has helped me take my own advise, and I’ll share that later...but for now, If you all don't mind, I'd like to do some research, pros and cons... the question is, which is the best day to weigh-in and why, Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday?”

I tend to weigh on Fridays for the same reason as others have mentioned.

• lperkins5
    Options
    Welcome home @RubyRed427, I love key lime pie...
  • shannonkelly08
    shannonkelly08 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    I think Fridays would be a good weigh in day. It may keep me motivated for the weekend, if I have good success during the week.

Welcome to the thread, everyone!

I am back from a vacation ; and my friend @JenT304 says dont weigh yourself for a week. Good advice! As much as I think I ate pretty well ; I did have three key lime pie pieces last week.

Today, I came home and will probably skip dinner to shrink my appetite and belly a bit. Or I may go get a fresh pressed juice nearby; I like apple, celery and carrot. And a wheat grass shot!

Oh yum...that juice sounds yummy!! A little detox never hurt anyone...get back on track after a well deserved vacation! I think I will be weighing in on Friday as well...holds you accountable for the weekend!
  • julsmarshall
    julsmarshall Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Starting weight (March 21): 233.4
    April 1st: 222.4
    Loss so far: 11 pounds
    Goal for July 31: 195
    Ultimate goal: 185ish

Have a great day everyone!