Do you believe in ghosts?

savannahs21
savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
Why or why not. Do you have a true ghost story?

Replies

• Mangoperson88
    Mangoperson88 Posts: 339 Member
    I absolutely believe in ghosts and have had some awful experiences. A medical professional would call it hallucinations...idk . I'm also a horror movie buff but I just can't sit alone later :D I was trying to watch Poltergeist 3 yesterday. I just changed the channel lol coz didn't have the guts to see it >:)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    No.
  • savannahs21
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    No.

Why not?
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    Nope.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    edited April 2021
    I think it’s scarier accepting there is nothing after death. Just nothing.
  • savannahs21
    I believe in them, I have seen two.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I think it’s scarier accepting there is nothing after death. Just nothing.

One can both believe in an afterlife and not believe in ghosts.

Or vice versa; believe in ghosts, but not necessarily an afterlife. Depends on how you define what a ghost is.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

Puhleaze elaborate??
  • savannahs21
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

Puhleaze elaborate??

When I was maybe 5 or 6, I woke up before my mom and sister and went to watch tv in the living room and looked over and saw a ghost I then looked back at the tv when I fully realized what I saw and whipped my head back to the ghost who was still there. I got up and told my mom and sister that I had seen my grandma. I somehow knew that it was my grandma even though she died before I was born.

The second ghost I saw was when I was 10. We had moved to another house and I had woken up in the middle of the night to go the bathroom. And there was a women (ghost) standing in the doorway. I remember opening my mouth to scream but I didn't hear myself. I went to tell my sister, I asked if she heard me scream and she said yes. When we had moved out (family is military ) the neighbor had told my mom that a women had died there, which obviously we didn't know.

I have had other weird experiences but have never seen another ghost since I was 10.
  • savannahs21
    @ReenieHJ
    I do think that's mostly true. For me I've basically have just said, I'm probably always going to have weird things happen but I do not to see you.
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    Sorry to say I don't. I am a bit of a mystic sometimes, but I think our brains are capable of such complexities and imagination. Everything like that has a logical explanation even if we're not able to comprehend it yet.
  • Mangoperson88
    Mangoperson88 Posts: 339 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

Puhleaze elaborate??

When I was maybe 5 or 6, I woke up before my mom and sister and went to watch tv in the living room and looked over and saw a ghost I then looked back at the tv when I fully realized what I saw and whipped my head back to the ghost who was still there. I got up and told my mom and sister that I had seen my grandma. I somehow knew that it was my grandma even though she died before I was born.

The second ghost I saw was when I was 10. We had moved to another house and I had woken up in the middle of the night to go the bathroom. And there was a women (ghost) standing in the doorway. I remember opening my mouth to scream but I didn't hear myself. I went to tell my sister, I asked if she heard me scream and she said yes. When we had moved out (family is military ) the neighbor had told my mom that a women had died there, which obviously we didn't know.

I have had other weird experiences but have never seen another ghost since I was 10.

I also began hallucinating since the age of 5. I saw a little girl and I continued seeing her for a long time and she was certainly no friend coz that little *kitten* caused some really bad things to happen to me(won't go in gory details). I was seeing her till my early 20s and my situation had worsened when I was 18 so i started reading up on hallucinations and many articles said that kids usually see things till the age of 6(imaginary friends etc) as their souls are still pure or some sh!it like that. When I started seeing a shrink at 23 that little *kitten* girl stopped coming to me so I strongly believe I suffer from hallucinations and mental illness runs in my family (my grandfather's sister committed suicide).
  • savannahs21
    @Just_Mel_ That's crazy! Has anything happened since?