Do you believe in ghosts?

Replies

• Hungrycatapilar21
    Hungrycatapilar21 Posts: 87 Member
    Absolutely! One grabbed my butt the other day and when I turned around there was no one there 🤔😳🤯

Because I'm considerably shorter than you.

That could be an advantage 😜
  • ___Soundwave___
    ___Soundwave___ Posts: 1,189 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    So, if space aliens exists..... do they also have ghosts ?

How would one fight-off a space alien ghost ?

I'm beginning to feel a little overmatched here.

The aliens will be robots.

No ghosts.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member

No ghosts.

Okay, yeah.... there is a very high likelihood that aliens (if they exist), in first contact, would be mechanical entities.

However, the mechanical alien(s) would need to be somehow produced from an intelligent lifeform, amiright?

And.... no alien ghost robots (although that would be pretty cool too.)
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,861 Member
    edited May 2021
    I want to believe because the obvious implication that it there is existence of an afterlife, thus meaning that we can see our loved ones again. I'm not mortified by the notion of the eternal nothingness for myself or others, but for the longing we feel for those who passed whilst we continue living. I just cannot bring myself to believe in it.
    I think it’s scarier accepting there is nothing after death. Just nothing.

That's is actually really irrational to think of it that way. Yeah, you can have a fear of missing out when confronting the finality of death but when it actually happens there is literally NOTHING to feel and no way the feel anything. Like I said before, I think its more painful for the people left behind. That doesn't mean we should all just commit suicide either and life is valuable. Its kind of a paradox, I know. I enjoy the experiences, feelings and sensations that I have during my life, and the people I meet and how we influence each other's lives. but there is a kind of peace in death and its not something that should really be feared. Akin to a dreamless sleep, which we have all the time.

my 0.02

Heavy subject and think I just contradicted myself aha
  • desertfoxcoffee
    desertfoxcoffee Posts: 46 Member
    I'm on the fence. I've had some experience but it could've just been sleep deprivation. I've done a few ghost "hunts" in 3 different cities, one was in an abandon sanatorium and didn't find anything. Was very disappointed.
  • ___Soundwave___
    ___Soundwave___ Posts: 1,189 Member
    edited May 2021

No ghosts.

Okay, yeah.... there is a very high likelihood that aliens (if they exist), in first contact, would be mechanical entities.

However, the mechanical alien(s) would need to be somehow produced from an intelligent lifeform, amiright?

Yes. I believe the idea is that through evolution, organic life becomes inevitably intelligent enough to create strong AI. Which, in turn takes on the job of traversing space to connect nodes of solar systems...looking for material needed to sustain the AI.

By the time the AI reached another viable node, the authoring organic life would have long since gone extinct (because of the vastness of space, and time involved to travel).

In a way, the alient robots would BE the ghosts of the alien civilization.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    edited May 2021

No ghosts.

Yes. I believe the idea is that through evolution, organic life becomes inevitably intelligent enough to create strong AI. Which, in turn takes on the job of traversing space to connect nodes of solar systems...looking for material needed to sustain the AI.

By the time the AI reached another viable node, the authoring organic life would have long since gone extinct (because of the vastness of space, and time involved to travel).

In a way, the alient robots would BE the ghosts of the alien civilization.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47zgompkj49ks9nm4djng5otwvctehx3vz6d18g0co&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

• FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Yes!!
    Have experienced something ....
  • savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    Do you want to share? @FabulousFantasticFifty
  • savannahs21
    Was it Ghost Adventures? @MsCzar
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited May 2021
    Was it Ghost Adventures? @MsCzar

I honestly don't remember. It was just a paycheck. I think it aired on ABC Family around Halloween.
  • savannahs21
    Interesting but I don't know what the video has to do with ghosts. @NVintage
  • Thoin
    Thoin Posts: 942 Member
    MsCzar wrote: »
    A thousand years ago, I worked as a PA on one of those TV ghost hunter shows. Everything was faked for the cameras since time is money and we've got a schedule to keep. Younger me got to play the role of 'mysterious footsteps upstairs' and 'strange wall tapper.' The grip guys rigged up a cool trick where a large bell rang in the middle of a snow-covered yard without leaving any footprints in fresh snow. The 'ghost voices' were prerecorded in by the audio guy who had disabled the recorder's 'record' function. Spoooooky!

My roommates insist that our house is haunted.

But I've lived there for 274 years and never once met a ghost.
  • Jennliftsandspins
    Jennliftsandspins Posts: 150 Member
    Yes!

I haven’t seen a ghost but know a few people I think are reliable sources who have.

I have had a weird experience staying in a resort house with a group of friends. We found out after the house was haunted when we asked about the odd things that happened.

The ghost was a young woman who died shortly after witnessing her fiancé fall through the ice on the nearby lake as she watched him walk across from the dining room window. She etched her name in the window which is still in the dining room hanging after being saved from a renovation by the current resort owners.

We stayed at that resort for a girls’ weekend 4 years in a row. We all felt a sense of unease in the house and no one ever felt comfortable in the dining room alone though we didn’t know why at the time.

One night we brought up that we all felt it was haunted. As we talked about this the exit sign above the common room door started flashing and buzzing. It then stopped and never did again while we were there.

That night in one of the bedrooms a heavy fireplace grate fell from the hearth to the floor. My two friends staying in that room struggled to lift it back up together. They said it had to weigh about 100 lbs. The front desk clerk said it had never fallen before. She told us that the cleaning staff often reported hearing footsteps or the sounds of “someone” in the dining room.

So while we didn’t actually see anything that place definitely has a weird vibe.

• NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited May 2021
    Interesting but I don't know what the video has to do with ghosts. @NVintage
    Sorry, I got off topic...I was thinking about alien ghost robots.Blame them,haha!

No ghosts.