Do you believe in ghosts?

Options

Replies

• RandiF55
    RandiF55 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't have a ghost story of my own, but I definitely believe in the spirt world or "other side". All that energy has to go somewhere. Always been interesting topic for me
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Just_Mel_ wrote: »
    NVintage wrote: »
    Sorry to say I don't. I am a bit of a mystic sometimes, but I think our brains are capable of such complexities and imagination. Everything like that has a logical explanation even if we're not able to comprehend it yet.

I tend to think some people are more open to certain energies that others can't detect. I've found that kids seem to be more open than adults. I've tried to explain away my personal experiences, but haven't been able to altogether.

I think I started typing before you posted your story. I was just referring to all mystical experiences. That does sound creepy, though!
  • Mangoperson88
    Mangoperson88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    NVintage wrote: »
    Sorry to say I don't. I am a bit of a mystic sometimes, but I think our brains are capable of such complexities and imagination. Everything like that has a logical explanation even if we're not able to comprehend it yet.

This is exactly what I believe that when under stress or trauma our brain can create all kinda shiity illusions. I was being abused by my grandfather when I started seeing that girl at 5 and unfortunately I reacted negatively to it/her and that triggered a whole lot of tragic events.
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    No.
    But i do believe in the X files type events/people/phenomen
  • savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    @Frompumpkin2cinderella But what about when someone isn't under stress and doesn't have trauma?
  • Mangoperson88
    Mangoperson88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    @Frompumpkin2cinderella But what about when someone isn't under stress and doesn't have trauma?

Then I think what some of them here said sensitive and open to such energy. I was just sharing my own experience.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    @Just_Mel_ That's crazy! Has anything happened since?

Nope. I'm convinced that house has some definite bad juju.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    1. I tend to be very skeptical on the whole. I believe most things can be explained scientifically or at least have erm.. terrestrial origins.
    2. I don't believe in an afterlife. I'm agnostic (don't adhere to a religion or set of beliefs, but openly admit I have no clue what happens after we die and have no proof one way or the other to prove/disprove god/gods).
    3. I still, to this day, think that either the house where I grew up is haunted *or* the land it sits on is "haunted", for lack of a better term. Haunted is in quotes because I know not everything that happens/has happened is ghostly in origin. Some of it just kinda weird stuff.

So my childhood home was only built in the 70s. My dad built most of it and it sits on five acres, at the front of a forested area. It's private property and kinda remote, so there shouldn't be people hunting or hiking back there. Anyway, the house was built in the 70s, *but* many people had tried to build homes on that property since the 1800s... and they all burned down. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. I think only one case was found to be the fault of bad wiring, the other attempts we know about (outside of my dad's home) never had their origins determined. Ever since I was a young child, weird things would happen in the home. Sure, I can chalk up weird noises to the house getting older and settling and I can attribute *some* shadows to the passing cars on the highway (our house is situated in front of a tiny state highway that gets routine traffic), but there are a few things I can't explain (yet).

Time disturbances: Hiking in the woods behind my home sometimes leads to interesting adventures in which you not only lose track of time, but it appears you will "slip into" other dimensions or time periods. The woods look the same, but not. Either the time of day changes, the plant life changes, or it takes on a mirage quality that's just a bit eerie. The last time it happened, it was as though I walked into my woods, only to emerge in a place several million years in the past.. or that looked like something out of a science-fiction novel. Think of a vaporwave aesthetic, but with ice ponds.. in the middle of a steaming hot summer. That's the kind of stuff I would see. I wasn't gone for that long, either. So I wasn't dehydrated, wasn't hallucinating, wasn't lost, etc. It was just a weird experience.

Shadows that look like people when people aren't around: Now this one I can attribute *sometimes* to passing cars, but a lot of times, there would be silhouettes in the picture windows of our home that looked distinctly like people. And people wearing clothes from bygone eras (think the stovepipe hats that were popular in Lincoln's time, Edwardian style dresses and hairstyles, etc.). There is no reason I should be seeing such specific shadows that move like people do (so not moving at the speed of cars) when I am alone on the top floor of the home and no one is outside as my parents at the time were working during the day.

The newest: The newest incident is a grandfather clock that hasn't worked in ages. It's not wound up, it wasn't set to the correct time last I visited (about two weeks ago) and hasn't chimed in years (it was assumed to be broken). In order for this clock to work properly, it has to be regularly wound. And again, no one has touched it in years because it was assumed to be broken. Well, about a week or so after I came back home after my stepmother's passing, the clock suddenly started up again. It started telling the correct time, despite no one touching it to put it at the correct time. It chimes regularly on the hour at the correct intervals and the correct number of times. It does all the things a grandfather clock *should* do, except it's supposedly broken and hasn't worked properly in years. And of course, it started up again shortly after my stepmother passed in the home.

I am only saying there are a string of unusual occurrences happening in the home that do not currently have an explanation. I've tried to tease some out over the years (outside of the grandfather clock because that one is very recent), but have not reached any meaningful conclusions and I feel that is how many ghost/spooky occurrences are. They may have valid explanations at some point, but currently do not.

Besides, even though I don't adhere to a religion or believe in supreme beings, I like the mysticism as I think most humans do.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Once i was making a clay pot and this dude came up behind me and started helping me. I was like "whoa, dude, I'm not gay. Not that there is anything wrong with it but go make your own pot!"

Then he vanished into thin air.

I think his name was Casper.

sheesh, don't leave us hanging....

what kind of clay pot ?

were you happy with the end product ?

Well, the pot was made out of clay so it was a clay pot.

And I was happy with the ending.

..... a happy ending ?

Approved.

• savannahs21
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Last year I was laying in bed when it felt like someone had sat right next to me ,like my bed dipped a little. Obviously I looked behind and of course no one was there, that's another weird incident. 7 years ago I lived in an extra haunted house.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    When my dad died, I was in the room with him and still think, to this day, that I saw his spirit leave his body.

That's the closest I feel I've ever come to ghostly things but what about all that other stuff that aren't really visions, such as TV's left on, doors slamming, toys lined up, and for me it was finding pennies in every place(while cleaning out our parents' house) that related to someone who had died. Pennies beside my dad's scale, pennies in a drawer where evidently my mom had saved my sister's birth certificate, pennies in a cupboard that was between photo albums of my grandfathers and then a penny in one of my mom's purses, with one of those cut-out shapes of a heart in the middle. It was just strange.

I've never been one to believe in something I can't see but I also am convinced there is a higher power 'out there'.
  • savannahs21
    Options
    @Up_n_Running That's crazy! I know i said that before but it is!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    @Up_n_Running I found it very interesting what happened with the Medium. As I said, my sister is going with a friend, to see someone soon. She deeply wants to believe, wants to know her dh is feeling love and being cared for but she's a big skeptic. I'm sure if she experiences something like what you did, she'd believe but she figures anybody can dig for information and tell her lots of stuff found on the internet/obituaries, stuff like that. But her friend completely believes in this person so that's why she's going.

Did your visits provide you with a lot of information? I guess I'm just curious what you got out of the experiences.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I once had a Rolling Stones song in my head and I then turned on my car stereo and a completely different song was playing.... however the other band was also from the U.K.

So Creepy.

Mine was MUCH BETTER !!
    76kvz64ok207.gif

I think it was my dead aunt telling me to turn down the stereo.