Tattoos and piercings?!

Options

Replies

• jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Last I counted I have had over 50 piercings.. but I currently only have 10 that I wear jewelry in. Lobes stretched to 7/16" plus other randomly around my ears/helix, nostril, navel, tongue. I've had labret, smiley, eyebrow, etc.. planning on a few more in the near future but I'm currently in a management position and only keep things that are easily hidden/not too crazy.

Strangely enough I have no tattoos but I love them on other people. I just can't find an artist I quite trust yet but I have a few things planned.

I love body modification of ALL sorts but only if it is done properly. 90% of tattoos I see on other people are terrible. Same with botched piercings, scarification etc. But when done properly it can be beautiful.
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Yes! I love all mine and really enjoy getting them. They're a total turn on for me as well.
  • katecisme
    katecisme Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have many tattoos n piercings.. men with tons of tattoos sleeves specially .. *drool*
  • TikiTony13
    TikiTony13 Posts: 323
    Options
    love tats.got no piercings.getting my calfs done next
  • AstroRocket
    AstroRocket Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are hot. Its true once you get one you addicted. I only have one atm, but I'm trying for a baby, I'd rather be safe than sorry.
  • JDMarlowe
    JDMarlowe Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    love tats.got no piercings.getting my calfs done next

Dude, your back tatt is awesome!!
  • taybeth
    taybeth Posts: 6
    Options
    I have a little bird on top of my right arm which I got over 20 years ago when I was 21 - I got it to remind me never to get into a position where I am unable to spread my wings and fly. So far it has served me well and although I have at times found myself in these flightless positions - my little bird has given me the courage to fly again. Both my children want to get the same one day :)
  • mmedjjon
    mmedjjon Posts: 511
    Options
    All my tats represent my boys. Love each of them, tats and boys. sometimes tats more than the boys:laugh:
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Yup love them, I have heaps of tats, knee caps, foot, lower half of leg, both arms, next piece is going to be a chest piece coming up both sides of my neck, have a few piercings, 2 under my lip, tongue, both eyebrows, nipples and ears
  • Lovesthings
    Lovesthings Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    My 11 year old daughter drew my last one. I am blessed with a very artistic child ♥ I have her working on an owl for my next one.
  • wheresheidi
    Options
    I have two tats and my ears pierced. Prefer tats on me find both sexy on others.
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I love mine. I don't care what others do to themselves, personally.
    I have 10 piercings and 13 tattoos.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    When I was young, I thought tattoos were stupid. I thought they were silly little mementos, and I couldn't understand why someone would want to put that on their body, permanently, when there's no way to tell if you'd be happy with it 20 years later. I felt similarly about body piercings that I personally considered 'excessive'.

In high school, I started realizing that I was attracted to that. Girls with tattoos, or facial piercings. I couldn't quite understand why, either. I certainly didn't want any for myself, though.

A few years afterward, I started to realize how introverted I'd been my entire life, how little exploration I'd done into myself, who I was, what style spoke to me, and ultimately how horribly that has affected my development as a person. I figured out that I was so attracted to these girls who were so "vocal" with their appearance because self-expression was ****ing beautiful and amazing, and most of all, I was wishing I could be just as expressive.

I'm doing my best now to become that person, though. It's a slow process, but the idea of coming up with a piece of art that can tell a little bit of who I am is really, really enticing, now. I have no idea what I want, yet, but some small white-ink designs have been really amazing and I'll probably incorporate some of that into it. All I know is that I'd like it moderate in size, and either on my chest or my back.

I think tattoos that are a reflection of the person can be incredibly lovely and even sexy. Unless tattoos are obscuring the majority of one's body (namely the face), or they're turning their skin into chainmail armor with layers of piercings, I don't think I'd be overtly put off. I can definitely be turned off by excess, but in the end I respect and acknowledge the right of others to live however the **** they please, and I will be happy for them that they're choosing to do so.

Love this post! :)
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Only have 2 tattoos...for now. One on each arm, plan on turning one into a half sleeve and have 3 or 4 others planned. If only I could get someone to pay for them for me, lol. Alas, I don't, so it's a waiting game for the finances to be right.
  • mmedjjon
    mmedjjon Posts: 511
    Options
    My 11 year old daughter drew my last one. I am blessed with a very artistic child ♥ I have her working on an owl for my next one.

no artist, just athletes. but i would so do that
  • amsipub
    amsipub Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have the usual ear piercings (one per ear ... nothing special there). But I also have my nose pierced and I need to get my belly button piercing back. I think all of mine are pretty normal. No tattoos, but I have been considering getting one.
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    10 piercings-7 various piercings in my ears, both nipples, and navel. I hardly ever wear any of them except the first lobe piercings in my ears.
    3 tats. One of them is a crap flash art piece I "had to have" on my 18th birthday. working on the cover for that now. But I do have an awesome ambigram tattoo with my daughters' names.
  • brillmer
    brillmer Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Have 2 tattoos, 1 on each hip. Big fat HATE them. Young twenties mistake. I have had my nose and naval pierced, now wear neither, but have lovely scars from both. I do, however, find tattoos and piercings attractive on others, but regret them on myself.

Nice to see honesty.
  • LovelyVegetarian
    LovelyVegetarian Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I had my ears done (just regular piercing) and my navel done in my mid-20s. I had to take the navel out due to continuous issues with it and my first pregnancy made a really nasty stretch mark out of that one. My belly is on its way to being flat again but that piercing makes my belly look kind if puckered. Ugh. I find them sexy on girls with really nice tummies!

My DH has one tatoo that is really hot. I don't have any. I think they look good on some people but really terrible on others. I think it's the whole package. As for piercings, same thing - some people look really hot with them and others just don't.

For example I know someone with a huge tat on her back and while the art is amazing, it just looks awful on her. Not sure that it is but it's just not working for me.
  • smesche
    smesche Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have 1 tattoo on my neck (see picture below). The name in the tattoo is my son. The doves represent maternity as well as the lilly in the middle. The daisys are his birth month flower and the numbers are his birthday.

I've had my nipples, tounge, industrial, and ears pierced. I wear none of it now. My ears occasionally. I've been dabbling with the idea of gauging my ears. Not sure if I will do it it. I am having my tattoo artist draw up my second tattoo now and it will take up most of my left thigh.

IMG_3466.jpg