Will you gain weight if you eat before sleeping?

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just want to say that I eat after 6 everyday and before sleeping.
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I eat almost half my daily calories between 5pm-10pm, and check out my ticker below.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I eat almost half my daily calories between 5pm-10pm, and check out my ticker below.

same. I think it's the green coffee bean extract I mix with the raspberry ketones that's really doing it for me.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    What if I eat IN bed, but just stay up all night? Is that some kind of loophole?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

same. I think it's the green coffee bean extract I mix with the raspberry ketones that's really doing it for me.

MyBodyisNOTready.gif
  • magerum
    Options
    What if I eat IN bed, but just stay up all night? Is that some kind of loophole?

No, you die. It's science.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I am surprised no one has asked this yet...

Who is this "post-doctorate" doctor of yours and where is this research that you keep preaching about?

Or this how much do they charge for this wonderful advice? and all the supplements they sell are they expensive...???? Name of the clinic??? and let me guess the beauty routines you were speaking of to loose weight are part of the package??? or extra?

Checks clock...oh 9pm....ice cream and cookie time since I got caught up reading this thread....
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    What if I travel to Asia from the US, and am on a 12 hour time difference? Should I not eat after 6:00 AM? Do I wait for my sleep cycle to reset? Do I kiss my weight loss (and precious-metal laced organs) goodbye? Inquiring minds want to know!
  • magerum
    Options
    What if I travel to Asia from the US, and am on a 12 hour time difference? Should I not eat after 6:00 AM? Do I wait for my sleep cycle to reset? Do I kiss my weight loss (and precious-metal laced organs) goodbye? Inquiring minds want to know!

You turn into a gremlin, duh.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

No, you die. It's science.

Damn, totally thought I had this 'science' thing fooled.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Not me. But you probably will.
  • percypat
    percypat Posts: 26
    Options

Who is this "post-doctorate" doctor of yours and where is this research that you keep preaching about?

I want to know what a post-doctorate degree is. I know you can be a post-doc (ie obtain a position/job once you've completed your doctorate), and of course there is nothing stopping you from going back to study and getting a different degree after doing your PhD. But what's this post-doctorate degree? And here I was thinking I was finally going to clock university :(
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

I want to know what a post-doctorate degree is. I know you can be a post-doc (ie obtain a position/job once you've completed your doctorate), and of course there is nothing stopping you from going back to study and getting a different degree after doing your PhD. But what's this post-doctorate degree? And here I was thinking I was finally going to clock university :(

based on what I have found a post doctorate is the job in research after your doctorate...or it is postdoctoral degree is a degree earned after obtaining a doctorate where the doctorate is a prerequisite necessary to pursue the degree.

Most dentists in the US and Canada have a DDS degree, which stands for doctor of dental surgery. It is a professional doctorate, but there are at least two available postdoctoral degrees including a Ph.D., which is a research doctorate.

Another example is in law. Attorneys in the U.S. graduate law school with a Juris Doctorate, or JD. There are two available postdoctoral degrees. One is the LLM, and the second is the JSD (or SJD). The SJD is the equivalent of a Ph.D.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    So last night, within an hour, I ate this and then went to bed within 30 minutes of finishing.

1/2 lb spinach, 1/2 lb mixed veggies, 3/4 lb white potato, 24 oz (cooked weight) chicken breast, 1/2 lb cornbread w/ butter, 3 cups of fiber one chocolate w/ 1/2 cup milk, 3 cups cinnamon toast crunch w/ 1/2 cup milk, & a pint of Dreyer's Rocky Road.

Guess I must be doing it wrong, even though my health markers are great and I am losing weight at a good pace with this cut.

What you're doing wrong is using only a half cup of milk for 3 cups of cereal.

You, sir, are a monster!

BLEH! I don't find the need to drink another 1/2 cup of milk after my cereal is gone... took me a long time to get the ratio down to where there's a tea spoon of milk left after the cereal. (Disclaimer: Different cereals may return different results, but this works for Fiber One Chocolate/Honey Squares, Cheerios, & Cinnamon Toast Crunch) Increase the ratio to 3/4 cup for 5 cups of cereal.

ETA: By long time I mean like 3-4 tries.

I'm the same. I hate having a bunch of leftover milk in the bowl after the cereal is gone. Although, I never thought of testing to find the perfect ratio of cereal to milk. I usually just keep pouring more cereal until the milk is gone. :laugh:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    So last night, within an hour, I ate this and then went to bed within 30 minutes of finishing.

1/2 lb spinach, 1/2 lb mixed veggies, 3/4 lb white potato, 24 oz (cooked weight) chicken breast, 1/2 lb cornbread w/ butter, 3 cups of fiber one chocolate w/ 1/2 cup milk, 3 cups cinnamon toast crunch w/ 1/2 cup milk, & a pint of Dreyer's Rocky Road.

Guess I must be doing it wrong, even though my health markers are great and I am losing weight at a good pace with this cut.

You, sir, are a monster!

BLEH! I don't find the need to drink another 1/2 cup of milk after my cereal is gone... took me a long time to get the ratio down to where there's a tea spoon of milk left after the cereal. (Disclaimer: Different cereals may return different results, but this works for Fiber One Chocolate/Honey Squares, Cheerios, & Cinnamon Toast Crunch) Increase the ratio to 3/4 cup for 5 cups of cereal.

I'm the same. I hate having a bunch of leftover milk in the bowl after the cereal is gone. Although, I never thought of testing to find the perfect ratio of cereal to milk. I usually just keep pouring more cereal until the milk is gone. :laugh:

I support your method. But mage is a heathen.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

You, sir, are a monster!

I support your method. But mage is a heathen.

I've found 1/4 or 1/3 cup of milk (I use soy) to 1 cup of cereal is my perfect ratio. It's 1/4 or 1/3 because it depends on the cereal.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options

You, sir, are a monster!

That's the great thing about having dogs: they finish all that pesky leftover milk and, as an extra added bonus, wash the bowl for you. :happy:
  • percypat
    percypat Posts: 26
    Options
    based on what I have found a post doctorate is the job in research after your doctorate...or it is postdoctoral degree is a degree earned after obtaining a doctorate where the doctorate is a prerequisite necessary to pursue the degree.

Most dentists in the US and Canada have a DDS degree, which stands for doctor of dental surgery. It is a professional doctorate, but there are at least two available postdoctoral degrees including a Ph.D., which is a research doctorate.

Another example is in law. Attorneys in the U.S. graduate law school with a Juris Doctorate, or JD. There are two available postdoctoral degrees. One is the LLM, and the second is the JSD (or SJD). The SJD is the equivalent of a Ph.D.

Ah. See, where I come from (down under), you can only say you have a doctorate when you've done a PhD. When you start talking about post-doctorates, you're talking about fellowships and whatnot. Dentists and doctors and lawyers graduate with Bachelor degrees, so while we might call a doctor a doctor, said doctor doesn't necessarily have a doctorate.

So I'm guessing this post-doctoral degree this doctor has is in fact a PhD. Not to be sniffed at of course, but it doesn't sound quite so impressive now ...
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    But isnt is true because you're not burning anything or doing anything physical and the body stores the food as fat?

according to my HRM I burn almost 600 calories sleeping. So I am burning something!