June 16 – 5.19 miles
    June 18 – 5.06 miles
    June 19 – 3.17 miles
    June 20 – 8.02 miles
    June 21 – 5.11 miles
    June 23 – 5.01 miles
    June 24 – 4.01 miles
    June 25 – 4.33 miles

Another nice morning (63F) with a lovely moon transitioning to a beautiful sunrise.

Good luck tomorrow @tramboman!

@skippygirlsmom - The Grays have finished also. They were in 13 and 14th place yesterday but finished in 19 and 20th so they must have had a rough day. I would too after running almost 8 days over several mountains! Did you see their finishing video on FB? So sweet when they came in together holding hands and then he let Michelle finish in front of him. She is usually the one who pushes him to keep going so very fitting.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @runsrunsruns looks like a great place to run. I'm in Alabama and I had a big head wind today too.

@Theresa502 I did see them coming in, they were like we are on our honeymoon. #lifegoals

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @Tramboman that's an awesome pace! Good luck with the 5k, I love running in the rain especially when it's hot!

@skippygirlsmomand @quilteryoyo it's a feature on most watches now. When you select run you can press up for options, and there is a "suggested run" option. Now I've done a suggested run, it's popping up automatically when I select run.

Today was a light day, 36 min base run, so I did park run and added a little extra distance. It was fun. Kinda nice to let my watch do the thinking.

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Oh sorry about your car wreck @rheddmobile 😢
    But glad your knee isn't too sore. Take it easy.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,094 Member
    Options
    I must have an old watch @Avidkeo, because mine doesn't do that. I just tried. Nice run today.

@rheddmobile Glad you were able to run today with no knee pain. Also glad your DH's elbow moves in all directions. That's a good sign that it isn't fractured, at least.

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Good luck tomorrow @Tramboman !

Wasn’t going to run today because I was in a car wreck (details are in the nutrition support thread if you’re interested) and my knee got banged up, but decided to go out for a short one anyway because I ended up with a free hour. Midday and it was stinking hot, plus we were exploring a new place so we did a bunch of walking. Turns out the “Collierville Greenway” seems to be about a mile and a half behind the grade school alongside a drainage ditch. That doesn’t sound all that grand but it’s actually pretty nice back there, lots of flowering trees. Doing it and doubling back we ended up with 5k and change. My knee is better than expected, it’s the knee with the Baker’s cyst and it’s a little spongy but not painful. Husband’s elbow still swollen but moves in all directions and he doesn’t want to spend the day at the doctor so I guess it’s his call.

Glad both of you are functional.
  • runsrunsruns
    runsrunsruns Posts: 15 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @Teresa502 - When it's 60F in TN but mid 80's in IL, something is very wrong. I'm jealous.

@skippygirlsmom - Haven't been following his story. Burrito-gate pretty much filled my Twitter. But if I were his parents I'd be ecstatic. Talent like that guarantees a full-ride at any school in the nation.

You live in AL?  I once ACCIDENTIALLY drove to Birmingham from Chicago on my way to Atlanta. Doh!! Talk about distracted driving. (audiobook) My only other time being in AL was attending a Georgia/Auburn game where we got murdered.  Alabama... NOT fond memories :)

@WhatMeRunning - Prob. good call sitting out the bad weather. I received a Tornado Warning alert in the middle of last Sunday's run. Kinda freaked me out. We don't normally get alerts in the city. Oh, and a spur of the moment HM? Crazy but much respect. I say go for it!

@Quilteryoyo - You're able to run hill repeats on your driveway? That's super convenient! I think there's one hill in this entire state. ONE!  Ha.  And thx for all the advice.  I know I need to take things slow and not stress about performance. Just can't wait to get back into HM shape... then, dare I dream?

@kgirlhartkgirl - Ugh! I dread the heat too!! It just sucks energy out of ya. Luckily with my extreme low mileage running, I can deal far easier than runners like you who regularly put in double digits. Fall can't come to soon.

@Avidkeo - I think I watched that video too! Was it a U.K. girl from The Running Channel? Super entertaining vid, and also a pretty great feature advertisement for Garmin's new Forerunner 55... though I believe Training Load & Garmin Coach is avail on several models.  I really want a new watch myself. Still rocking an ancient 305 that still works well... well until this morning.  Under extremely heavy cloud cover it shorted my run by nearly a mile.  Had to manually measure my run via Google to get my actual distance. Would really love to get a FR 745, but I just spent an obscene amt on a NAS.

@Scott6255 - Dear God man, do not tempt me w/ new shoe suggestions!!!!!  Every time I hear about a new shoe, I'm like "Gimme, Gimme!!"  I have this delusion new shoes will turn me into Kipchoge.  Alas, I doubt even a carbon plated, jumbo stack-height, "super" shoe would have much of an impact.  But oh boy, the Hoka One One Mach 4 has been calling my name.

@penguinmama87 - BIG CONGRATS on reaching goal! Now 60 miles for July? ;)

@Tramboman - Looking at your training log, dude you've go this no prob.  As for getting down to fighting weight, I know the struggle.  I'm down 20 lbs since deciding to make an effort.  Still have another 30-ish to go.

@rheddmobiler - So happy to hear you weren't injured. I've been in so many close calls, both auto & motorcycle related, I'm genuninely blessed to have never been serioulsy injured except for a broken collar bone (but that was on a track so crashing is expected).
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Yep @runsrunsruns it was that video. Given I'm now a month till I start my next HM build up, I'd do something a bit different! thats sad about the watch failing, though its one reason we love garmin, they keep going and going. I now have a fenix 6s and plan on keeping this one much longer than I had my other watchers. They were all about a year old when I upgraded. Never needed to, I just wanted new toys. This one was the battery life that got me, and no regrets
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,094 Member
    Options
    Yeah for such a great, pain free run @ContraryMaryMary !

@runsrunsruns Yep. My driveway is 0.25 miles long with a couple of hills. The one is perfect for a 30 sec sprint. Now, when I do longer hill repeats, I'll have to use one on the main road. I can't imagine no hills. Being in E. TN that's all we got. Unless you are on a track, you aren't going to be running a flat course. You are doing so good, you'll be back to HM shape before you know it.

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    Low 70s F, a little breeze, and no rain on the radar. Saw on the latest email that participants get a "finisher" medal, so it looks like I'll medal again. Off to the races!!!!!

Have fun!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Way to go @Tramboman! 2nd in your age group is GREAT!

Pain free running.... you are living the dream @ContraryMaryMary!!