June 19 – 3.17 miles
    June 20 – 8.02 miles
    June 21 – 5.11 miles
    June 23 – 5.01 miles
    June 24 – 4.01 miles
    June 25 – 4.33 miles
    June 27 – 6.05 miles
    June 28 – 5.26 miles

Uneventful run at 5:00 am this morning. Very humid but it’s summer so no surprise there.

@polskagirl01 – Congratulations on your half marathon success!! I’m surprised that there were any spectators at that time of night. That finish seems brutal to have to run by the finish line AND uphill! Love the shirt and your happy smile! In the picture of the racers before the start, there seem to be a majority of male racers. Is this typical in Poland?

@quilteryoyo – There are small tarps that you can hang over your hammock in case of rain. In our case, we just prayed for good weather when we were planning this adventure and we got it. A lot of hikers sleep in hammocks though instead of tent camping so I guess they just take the good with the bad. Did you see in the news last week about a teenage girl getting attacked while sleeping in her hammock in the Smoky Mountains?
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    6/1 - 3.36 miles, easy effort (45 mins Z2)
    6/2 - 3.23 miles, threshold run (25 mins Z4 w/7.5 min warm-up/cool-down)
    6/3 - 3.32 miles, easy effort (45 mins Z2)
    6/4 - 3.35 miles, sprint intervals (12 x 45 secs w/1:45 recovery and 7.5 min warm-up/cool-down)
    6/6 - 6.76 miles, long run (90 mins Z2, 5 mins Z3)
    6/7 - 3.36 miles, easy effort (45 mins Z2)
    6/8 - 3.33 miles, easy effort (45 mins Z2)
    6/9 - 3.63 miles, threshold run (30 mins Z4 w/7.5 min warm-up/cool-down)
    6/10 - 3.40 miles, easy effort (45 mins Z2)
    6/11 - 2.43 miles, sprint intervals (12 x 30 secs with 1 min recovery and 7.5 min warm-up/cool-down)
    6/13 - 8.93 miles, long run (90 mins Z2, 30 min Z3 finish)
    6/14 - 3.41 miles, easy effort (45 mins Z2)
    6/15 - 3.42 miles, easy effort (45 mins Z2)
    6/16 - 3.49 miles, threshold run (19 mins Z4, 7.5 min Z2 warm-up and 18.5 min Z2 cool-down)
    6/17 - 3.38 miles, easy effort (45 mins Z2)
    6/18 - 3.33 miles, sprint intervals (various lengths at 1:2 sprint/recovery for 30 mins, 7.5 min warm-up and cool-down)
    6/20 - 4.16 miles, long run cut short (56 mins Z2)
    6/21 - 3.50 miles, easy effort (45 mins Z2)
    6/22 - 3.51 miles, easy effort (45 mins Z2)
    6/23 - 3.50 miles, easy effort (45 mins Z2)
    6/24 - 3.45 miles, easy effort (45 mins Z2)
    6/25 - 3.40 miles, easy effort (45 mins Z2)
    6/27 - 10.52 miles, long run (150 mins Z2)
    6/28 - 3.43 miles, easy effort (45 mins Z2)

Total: 97.60 miles
    Goal: 105 miles

Today's run was humid. Otherwise it went just fine though!

I sure do miss camping. I can't imagine doing it in a hammock. The only hammock I ever owned was certainly not what I call comfortable (granted, sleeping in tents isn't luxurious either). I can see choosing it perhaps in warmer, humid weather, and can even see how it could be preferable in rain. Seems a bit too exposed to me though.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    @polskagirl01 – Congratulations on your half marathon success!! I’m surprised that there were any spectators at that time of night. That finish seems brutal to have to run by the finish line AND uphill! Love the shirt and your happy smile! In the picture of the racers before the start, there seem to be a majority of male racers. Is this typical in Poland?
    Yes. There are definitely fewer women running here, and the longer the distance, the more pronounced it is. This particular half marathon had 337 men and 94 women, but I've been in races where only 10% were women. Shorter races have more women, but still fewer than the men. I'm not sure why this is, though. There are definitely cultural differences, but which ones contribute to this... I can only speculate. I will say I do feel respected and accepted within the running community here, and I think it's becoming more popular and normal for women to be running.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning I have Hoka Trail shoes I hate too ha ha, after like 2 miles my knees hurt. I wear them if we are going to just hike and not run. I'm pretty neutral too, we tried to ignore my right foot during the fitting because even the heat sensor walking thing was showing me walking a bit on the outside of that foot. So many shoe options.
  • sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Well done in your Half Marathon race @polska_girl . Glad it was a well organised event, rather than the previous one. Great time too!
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,687 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I have two words to sum up the day: Polar blast.

How freezing is it in New Plymouth @avidkeo? I'm trying to psych myself up to head out for a run now.
  • sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    7 miles this morning. Started lightly raining after mile 1, then heavy downpour by mile 3. Was about to turn left to head home, but then the rain let up, so turned right and got another 4 miles in. Rain felt soooo good. That concludes June for me, and marks 1 year without any real injury (knock on wood)!!! Since I started running 9 years ago, that has never happened.

exercise.png

No injury in a year, congratulations @Scott6255. Are you doing anything differently? Doing more strength and conditioning?
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I don't remember my goals. I'm at 87 today and have 4 scheduled for tomorrow.

I'll end June with 495 miles for the year. 5 miles short of where I had hoped to be. Oh well.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,102 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile Glad you got out for a run and you DH's heart was good. Hope you continue to heal and quit finding new sore spots. So glad no one was hurt any worse. When I was running races several years ago, there was an 80 year old lady who ran a lot of the races. I always tried really hard to beat her...often passing her in the home stretch. LOL She had been a runner all of her life and told me she had to stop running marathons when she turned 70, I believe. She was so sweet.

@ContraryMaryMary That sounds like a tough run, but you did it! Congrats. Glad you missed the rain.

I agree @TheMrWobbly !

Nice run @Scott6255 ! Hope the injury free streak continues.

Oh no @pfeiferlindsey ! I hope a few days off is all it needs to be back to normal!

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile - Hope you heal quickly and don't wind up with any major bruising that shows up in the next day or so. My wife was in a wreck where the seat broke off the floor and a couple days later was trying to figure out why a huge portion of her lower left back side turned black only to then vaguely remember hitting her hip against the console.

Way to beat the elements @ContraryMaryMary

Congrats on the amazing milestone @Scott6255 I too would be curious to get your thoughts on if you chalk up your injury free year to anything specific.

Oh no @pfeiferlindsey I hope it is OK!