6/2: 4.5km
    6/3: 5km
    6/4: 9km
    6/5: 3.75km
    6/6: 12km

45.25/100 km completed for June
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    @katharmonic Great job on a tough race. The heat sounds brutal!

Welcome @plzfeedmecookies. Off to a good start for the month!

@quilteryoyo Congrats on the 5 miles for 5 months!

@polskagirl01 Pretty pics. You can keep your cute little guy! There are so many snakes here this time of year. I'm ready for them to disappear into hiding again. I'm at the point where every stick is a snake and there are a lot of sticks.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    @quilteryoyo Such cute kids! Glad you got to enjoy some time with your family.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Went out for a couple of walks (4.3 and 3.5 miles) this weekend. With the weather being so gross, it is a nice break from running and struggling with the heat and humidity. My knee is actually feeling better, which is good news because we leave for our trip in a few days. I hope it stands up to all the hiking. I got my trekking poles in. I think they will help a lot on the big elevation hikes.

I need to vent for a sec about my 12 y/o. She is in the midst of a serious angsty phase and it is driving her dad and I crazy! In the last couple of weeks she has quit rock climbing team (which she seemed to be loving), mopes and complains every time we take a walk to the point where she will only walk way ahead of or behind us (never with us), and has informed us that she doesn't want to go on our family vacation. I know that this behavior isn't necessarily unusual for her age, but it is mentally exhausting! She is upset about something constantly. It is getting to the point where I find myself avoiding interactions with her because they are so unpleasant. Then I feel bad because she's my daughter and I love her even though she's infuriating right now, and I don't want her to feel like I'm mad at her or whatever. I told my husband/her dad that if she were a few years older I would probably have just said, fine stay home! The two of us would have a great time and it is stressing me out that her attitude may end up spoiling the experience for all of us.

Give her 5 minutes or so and this phase will pass.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    yirara wrote: »
    Hmm... so when I started this running training 3 weeks and 1 day ago I wanted to be able to run a 10k at 7:30min/km. The lowest pace Garmin would let me chose. My current any run pace was in the range of 8:30 to 8:40min/km then. Today I ran nearly 6km at 7:35. Looks like I'm heading in the right direction.

That's so exciting to see progress!
    Of course, if you're new to running, don't get too worried about pace ;)