June 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @AlphaHowls at the level you're on, it seems like a marathon a month should be extremely doable for you.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: Β»
    so in the end I had to run an additional 169m to finish my run on the watch compared to the phone. I'm getting a foot pod soon. hopefully that will help a bit as I have no idea whatelse to do. The GPS signal just is really bad in this town (not elsewhere).
    It might not be your watch. It might be the app. When I enable Location settings (i don't leave it running), I have the option to enable ONLY gps or to enable "enhanced location services" (ELS). ELS apparently uses cell towers, wifi & bluetooth beacons to improve gps accuracy. But when I enable ELS using the GoogleFit app, the app records an extra .1mi every mile. On a known 3.1mi course, GoogleFit records around 3.45mi vs my ancient Garmin that records 3.1 +/-. If I disable ELS, GoogleFit generally matches my watch. I tried the Nike Run Club app yesterday and ran with ELS on, and unlike GoogleFit, NRCmatched my Garmin. Anyway... just saying it might not be your watch. It might be your phone that is off.

Yes, that's a possibility as well. However, the distances on the phone* appear to to be the same as when I map the distance in google, open streetmap or similar things, and are the same as old race markers on the sidewalks. A 16k I ran a few years ago was only off by 100m in the end. That's quite brilliant.
    *I use ismoothrun for recording with the phone. It's supposed to be one of the most precise apps out there. Uses a good algorith for earth curvature and it creates a shitload of datapoints.

Today my running programme asked for a slow 4.02k. Yes I ran the fastest 4k since 2016. And the fastest bit of running of any distance in ages. I totally seem to be ignoring the running plan, but it seems to be working :D
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    Winter is here is all its rainy bleakness. Today called for 90 mins aerobic. I relaxed and enjoyed the quiet (bad weather + long weekend). As it turned out it only rained for about the first 5km. I now have to head out to our new property to finish planting some trees - fortunately the holes are dug so they just need to be popped in but the rain is back. I’m psyching myself up to get a good soaking. Muddy too probably.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @emptydog and @Tramboman You two are too funny! :lol:

Nice running @yirara ! Congrats on the pace.

Nice running for you too @Teresa502 ! Nothing wrong with running laps.

Channel your inner child and enjoy playing in the mud @ContraryMaryMary ! Sorry your weather is so bleak today. Great running in not great conditions.

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    Good for you @abowersgirl ! You're doing great!
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a tough day at the office @katharmonic but good work for getting it done.
  • quilteryoyo
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Sounds like a tough race @katharmonic ! You did great, especially given the circumstances. I've been hot like that and it isn't fun. Nice bling too! I looked at the website to see where the race was, before I saw your description. The site said "We are planning on a single start for each race event but if we have to offer the events in "waves" again." Just wondering how the race actually started.

When I was looking up @katharmonic's race, I put "Thousand Island HM" into the search. Google wanted to know if I meant "Thousand Island homes?" Obviously, Google isn't a runner! :wink:
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the great progress @abowersgirl

Sounds like a tough event @katharmonic congrats on pushing through!

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,442 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the amazing progress @abowersgirl

That sounds like ireally tough conditions for a race @katharmonic! You deserve that medal even more just for pushing through!
  • emptydog
    emptydog Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic Congratulations! Running in the heat can be brutal. Great job on doing it!

6/1 5.30
    6/2 10.32
    6/3 1.15
    6/4 6.37
    6/5 5.52
    6/6 5.28

33.94 / 100 miles