June 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,959 Member
    Options
    Thanks @kgirlhart ! Glad you enjoyed your run once you got out the door. It does sound like you have a short in your vest. Glad you didn't get shocked or burned. Glad the waters are receding. Floods do leave behind a mess though.
  • Juliexx00
    Juliexx00 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    June Goal 100km

6/1: 11km
    6/2: 4.5km
    6/3: 5km-short again as the temp was 36C again but is cooling soon so longer runs to come.

20.5/100 km completed for June
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,959 Member
    Options
    @sweetdaisy13 I live on top of a hill too. One of the inclines on my driveway, which undulates, is perfect for a 30 sec sprint. When I get to a longer time uphill, I'll have to run the one on the main road at my driveway. It's a killer to walk up, so not looking forward to that one. LOL
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo and @skippygirlsmom ye I had to do that for sure. I believe last week I did that right before I was hitting the 6 min mark. Your right, I would rather keep running then be discouraged and stop. I have been known to do that because I keep thinking I can push past my limits (with almost everything.. working out, food restrictions etc etc) and it never works out well so I have been slowly readjusting to a more easier going approach (towards myself)

@katharmonic great picture!!! So cute!!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,058 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile I'm glad you have access to that friend to help navigate this process with your mom. Sometimes, people take advice from non-family members more easily, or will at least listen to them. I hope you guys get some help soon.

Good work @abowersgirl ! You'll definitely get there, maybe sooner than you think!

@Teresa502 I absolutely agree about the Florida Trail. It looks like a miserable experience.