June 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    Way to get out there and get it done, even when you aren't feeling it @kgirlhart . Seems a lot of us missed Global Running Day. :blush:
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Way to get out there and get it done, even when you aren't feeling it @kgirlhart . Seems a lot of us missed Global Running Day. :blush:

Well, they shouldn't have Global Running Day on a scheduled rest day!!!
  • pfeiferlindsey
    pfeiferlindsey Posts: 163 Member
    In for 110 miles :smile: I have a half on July 10, so final push to be race ready.

June 2 - 5.27 miles

June Goal - 110 miles
    Miles to go - 104.73 miles

June 3 - 4.35 miles of speed work.

Total for June - 9.62 miles
    June Goal - 110 miles
    Miles to go - 100.38 miles
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,708 Member
    @Teresa502 which trails are you doing in your rim2rim? North & South Kaibab? Be safe. The temps are getting up there. Drink lots of water.

Last July we did North Kaibab down like 3 miles? Then in October we did South Kaibab down about 3 miles. Coming out is a *kitten*.

We start out on the North Rim on the North Kaibab trail and then transition over to the Bright Angel trail. We have side trips to Ribbon Falls and also to Plateau Point for the sunset one evening. I must admit that I'm worried about melting into a giant puddle in the heat!
  • Tramboman
    My my, you guys have some amazing goals!! I'm a newbie so I'm shooting for 30 walking miles this month. I had to stop jogging when shinsplints, knee pain, hip pain, and super long recovery times took over. No biggie though, I'm still awesome. Let attack this month!!

Welcome!!
    I'm all for attacking the month. Just hoping it doesn't strike back!!!
  • Tramboman
    Mari33a wrote: »
    01/06 2.68 miles
    02/06 2.36 miles
    03/06 2.73 miles

Total 7.77 of 30 miles

Sported my new kicks this evening.
    96fg0fprbaad.jpeg

Sweeeeeet!!!!
  • Tramboman
    yirara wrote: »
    Garmin coach timed 10k programme with Amy.

I think it's totally messed up! Today I had another 6.66km run, which was 0.12min/km faster than last weeks. Nice! When I finished this run I had a time trial on the schedule for next week, some intervals and some tempo run. Odd stuff. When I was home this was all gone and the same slow runs as this week were back. Hmmm..

I hope REvil hasn't hacked your training plan.