June 21 – 5.11 miles
    June 23 – 5.01 miles
    June 24 – 4.01 miles
    June 25 – 4.33 miles
    June 27 – 6.04 miles
    June 28 – 5.26 miles
    June 29 – 5.01 miles
    Total – 84.4 miles

I wrapped up June with a very humid 5 mile run this morning which included 3 miles of hill repeats. I set my goal at a low 60 miles since I knew I had a big hiking vacation. I ended the month with 84.4 running miles. Tomorrow, I’m heading to Cade’s Cove in the Great Smoky Mountains to bike. The 11-mile loop is closed to automobile traffic on Wednesdays which provides a great opportunity for walkers, runners and bikers to observe the wildlife and beauty.

@skippygirlsmom – Would love for you to be close by and share in my adventures. I’m blessed to have friends as crazy as I am and willing to try different things. Looks like those shoes come in a wide width in one model. Most stores don’t typically carry a large selection of wide width shoes but I will have to check out our local Fleet Feet to see if they have any I can try.

@WhatMeRunning – I’ve also tried the Hokas a couple of different times but always ended up with niggles that I attributed to the shoes. A friend sends running clothes, shoes, water bottles, etc. to a running club in Belize every few months and that’s where mine ended up going in almost new condition.

@polskagirl01 – I’m glad that you are accepted and made to feel welcome. You may not know it, but I bet you are inspiring and influencing other women to step out of their comfort zone and join in the fun.

Sounds like a wonderful visit @katharmonic. I love running in new places! You get to see so many different things that you otherwise would miss.

@quilteryoyo – she was attacked by a black bear (sorry I left that important part out). https://abc11.com/bear-attack-black-great-smoky-mountains-national-park-camping/10816290/

@ContraryMaryMary – Those strong winds are going to make you so strong!! Sending warm thoughts your way!

So sorry you are injured @pfeiferlindsey. Sending healing thoughts your way!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    6-1 7k tempo
    6-2 rest
    6-3 7k tempo
    6-4 6k tempo
    6-5 7k tempo
    6-6 6k tempo
    6-7 rest
    6-8 7k tempo
    6-9 6k tempo
    6-10 rest
    6-11 6k temperate (between tempo and moderate)
    6-12 7k moderate
    6-13 7k moderate
    6-14 rest
    6-15 7k temperate
    6-16 7k moderate
    6-17 rest
    6-18 7k moderate
    6-19 6k moderate
    6-20 7k moderate
    6-21 rest
    6-22 7k tempo
    6-23 7k easy
    6-24 rest
    6-25 4k variety
    6-26 5k race
    6-27 6k recovery
    6-28 rest
    6-29 rest

June Total: 119k
    June Goal: 150k

A certain bad boy played golf today instead of running. Although it's officially rest, dragging a cart and clubs around 9 holes in 90 degree F weather and high humidity is really not very restful.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2021 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

PUT THE FUN BACK IN THE RUN!
    Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs (second attempt)

2021 Races:

6/26 Direction Up 5k, Solon, OH 31:48 chip; 31:59 Garmin; 2d male 65 and over
    7/17 Run of the Ox 5k, Mantua, OH
    9/18 5k Run and Roll, Aurora, OH
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    July Challenge thread is posted:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10837150/july-2021-monthly-running-challenge/p1?new=1

Come on over and set your miles for the month.

Thank you very much!!!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Thank you @shanaber for setting up the July thread!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,111 Member
    Options
    Nice run @WhatMeRunning !

@runsrunsruns But look how strong all of that yard work made you. ;)

@Teresa502 Enjoy Cades Cove tomorrow. I've thought about running there sometime, but feel it would be way too hot this time of year. That's so sad about the bear attack, but glad she is going to be okay. I can't even imagine.

Nice running @shanaber and I'm glad to see that Hobbes still feels like being a nutcase at agility. Thanks for setting up July's thread.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Thank you @shanaberfor setting up the July thread! You rock!
  • sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    No injury in a year, congratulations @Scott6255. Are you doing anything differently? Doing more strength and conditioning?

I had always tried to do some strength training in the past, but didn't stick with it for any length of time. Last year after the pain went away, I concentrated on strength training (mostly body weight exercises and resistance bands) 5 days a week (lower body on run days, upper body/core on rest days), and I have been walking 60 minutes every day. I have been doing that religiously since last May. So unless it's a coincidence, I think I can attribute the injury-free running to consistent strength and conditioning.

That's great. I also do strength and conditioning (body weight exercises) in the form of isometric and plank exercises. Can't believe the difference it's made. It's really aided my running and allows me to run at a faster pace and like you, injury-free.

On my non-running days I do Rebounder sessions. It has strengthened my ankles and is perfect for the trail running I do, as it stops me from going over on my ankles and if I do, I can quickly correct my form, without causing injury.
  • sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    10.5 mile trail run, with 1,684 feet of Elevation.

June total:
    131.9/120 miles
    14,784/12,000 feet of Elevation
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,111 Member
    Options
    Glad you had such a nice night with your mom and family @kgirlhart . Glad you feel better and had a great run too.

@ContraryMaryMary Yeah for an effortless run. Wish they could all be like that. Great totals for June.