June 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,977 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary It's amazing how fast the weather can change.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom Glad your AC was covered. Sounds like it needed extensive repairs.

@WhatMeRunning Glad you were able to squeeze your run in before the nasty weather hits.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 I’m living by that tracker ha ha. Linda must have had a bad night, she only went 5 miles. She’s been with a group of 4 or 5 for a while so that’s good she’s got company. She’s at 259. The Gray’s were at 302 this morning (that is who you are watching right), so they should finish late tonight the way they have been moving.

Yes, it's the Grays that I'm following. I just wish they could update the tracker more often!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom My BIL works for ESPN. He presses the buttons LOL (his words, not mine). It sounds like a great company to work for.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Mom had a doctor's appointment this morning, so we did our shopping while we were out. It was just a follow up on her blood pressure, which is staying up with the medication.

Brought her home, let Tippy run around a bit, put stuff I had bought up, and ate lunch - Wendy's burger and fries. Then I went back to town to work from 1 - 5:30 in the 4-5 year old classroom. Those kids, for the most part, are easy. They just want to talk and tell you everything.

Went out for my scheduled hill repeats on my driveway after I got home. It was 84°F, but at least most of it was shady and the humidity was low. My run was 10 minutes easy, 8 x (30 sec fast uphill/90 sec recovery), 5 min easy. Went a little bit more at the end to get to a good stopping mileage. So, walked 1.0 mile total for warm up and cool down and ran 2.5 miles.

I have had a plumbing problem for the last couple of days - stopped up toilet. The plunger I had didn't work and wasn't working well, so bought a new one today. I couldn't unclog it with that one either. So, I tried the drain snake I have. Messy and did nothing. I googled to see what I could do besides call a plumber. There are a few things they suggest. I decided to try pouring dish detergent in the bowl, wait 15 - 20 minutes, then pour hot, not boiling, water into the bowl. And, voila, it worked! So simple and easy.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Well since the HM has been postponed till October, I've decided to take a page out of the book of one of the YouTube channels I follow. I'm going to train everyday based on what my Garmin suggests.

Today was 48 mins at base pace - 6:24 min/km.

It was kinda fun!

It's Saturday tomorrow. I'll let you know what the suggested run is then!

Hey!!! We have the same pace!!!! Except yours is base and mine is race!!!!!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,981 Member
    Options
    Good luck tomorrow @Tramboman!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Yep, I was just going to say that too.....Good luck tomorrow@Tramboman!