KJLaMore Posts: 2,820 Member
    <3 Happy belated birthday, Rebecca! B) KJ
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    edited June 2021
    They strike so silently and painlessly!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Painless mossies?

The Canadian and Australian ones use little daggers. You're trying to slap one while you've got 6 others stabbing you.

And then the bites swell up to about the size of a Canadian quarter or Aussie 20 cent piece.

Dislike mossies!!

Fortunately they don't seem to be all that common in Tasmania.

3k4jvm50pa6v.png

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    🙋‍♀️ Still here reading. 💖

Page 33
  • dgarlick1
    dgarlick1 Posts: 29 Member
    Dropping by to wish every one a wonderful day today!!
    I often wondered about this!! :)
    173adn3s1fth.jpg
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    dgarlick - My life changed much for the better when I followed the advice in a minimalism book about always storing your boxes with their lids on. Yes, you can store fewer, but you don't need as many as you think. :D It's wonderful not to have to root around for the lids.

Moving the now empty bookcase into the garage after lunch. Hooray for more space! I will advertise it on Freecycle. It is huge, so someone will need a big van.

Love Heather UK
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,432 Member
    Llll
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,637 Member
    Well down at Cardiologist office early as usual,but had a couple of eye episodes on the way down and it scared me,maybe this Dr has some pull and ger me seen sooner
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,287 Member
    dgarlick - My life changed much for the better when I followed the advice in a minimalism book about always storing your boxes with their lids on. Yes, you can store fewer, but you don't need as many as you think. :D It's wonderful not to have to root around for the lids.
    Love Heather UK

I came at it from a different direction. We use only one size of plasticware, each of which holds a total of 4 cups. If what needs storing is larger than that, we use two. If there is only a small amount, it works fine. Effectively, it means that all the lids match all the containers, so you never have to try and find the right one.

Rough afternoon yesterday, but slept very well again, 'til almost 6 a.m. Would be wonderful if it was my new normal... the sleeping, not the bad afternoon. This too shall pass, they always do...

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,287 Member
    Flea - thinking of you, hoping for optimistic outcomes.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    :)Viv, I am going to line dance today for the first time in fifteen months and I share your apprehension about being with a group of people. They will be people I know but when I think about it I get a vision of a scene from a movie when a woman who had been locked in a room for years goes out into the world. I'm sure it will be fine.

:'( My zucchini plants are not growing. Jake thinks either the crows are doing something or the store bought dirt is a problem.

:)Karen, congrats on making your difficult decision. It will be a lot of work but it will be worth it in the end. Take it one day at a time (or one bite at a time).

<3Flea,

:) We have very few storage containers and we store them with lids on or adjacent.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Thank you for all of your well wishes and especially to those of you who shared your own experiences.
    I don't remember where I left it . . . MRI indicated a lymph node and rib might be involved, but when the gyno went in to biopsy the spots on my breasts and the suspicious lymph node, neither she nor the US tech could see anything suspicious, so they decided not to start poking at my lymph nodes. Small blessings, because the biopsy sites are so much more painful two days after than I thought they would be. Looking pretty gruesome, too, what with the bruising.

Gyno holds out no hope. She is certain it is cancer. She thinks I will probably do chemo first, then double (because my dad carries the gene, then radiation. Once the biopsy results come back, she will refer me to an oncologist and a geneticist. She said I should be tested for a couple different issues, since my grandmother died of pancreatic cancer and her sister died of lung cancer (non smoker). That means cancer on both sides. Delightful. She also thought the oncologist would order a full body scan to eliminate the possibility that it is other places and to confirm what the rib spot is.

I did end up telling hubby after the MRI images came back because the rib spot was very discouraging -- if that is what it is. I don't give him enough credit. He was fine. It only took him a couple days to start complaining about what this means for him. He was angry with me that I said I didn't want reconstruction because he wants me to have them. I'm just so over them, honestly. I want them gone and don't care if I ever have any again.

Fortunately, the gyno said that the oncologist will likely not suggest reconstruction at the same time as removal anyway.

It seems funny to be making all of these plans without the pathology report, but the masses are pretty clearly not anything else, in the opinion of everyone who has looked at them so far.

Pathology will probably come back middle of next week.

Big hugs and prayers. :heart:
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    😊
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    edited June 2021
    Rebecca Happy Belated Birthday :flowerforyou:

Barbara Learned it takes an hour a day to take care of Pekanise coat to get it to look like that. If the Whippet coat is like Drew's minimal care of coat is best to keep in natural oil. I rarely have to bath Drew and she stays clean. I use a brush mit once or twice a week and her coat is great. The greyhounds have such sweet temperments too.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Thanks Ladies!!! Its been nice! Husband took me out for pizza but it wasn't open, so we went to Taco Bell.😋😁. I got a crunch wrap supreme, and then he took me to the Dollar store and I had fun picking out new washi tape, and stickers. We then went to Safeway and looked at slices of cake individually wrapped. None really stood out for me, so I got a cream filled donut!💖. Beats making a whole cake and having that around. Bought son a slice of cheesecake, and husband got a little round mousse' cake. I will have the donut tonight with coffee💖😁. The simple things.

Hugs
    Rebecca

What a delightful birthday! Can just feel your happiness! Happy, happy bday!🎂

Cheri
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    edited June 2021
    Rebecca - You are so right, the simple things are the best. :p HAPPY BIRTHDAY for yesterday!! :flowerforyou:

Lisa - I freeze lots of small things, like tiny dregs of tomato sauce for pizza, or 2 egg whites, or half a tin of chick peas. :o

We got the huge bookshelves into the garage ok. Then we started cleaning. Phew! It is hot today. We both did an hour and a half each. I must say he got our black granite worktops up to a wonderful shine! :D They haven't looked like that since we moved in. I spent ten minutes rearranging a poster of my old theatre productions, which had slipped in the frame. Plus polished the glass. Nice to have that done, as it's been annoying me every time I look at it. :p Good to be proud of one's achievements.

Now to relax for a bit before the Zoom.

Roasted cauliflower and salmon tonight, with a rustic sauce vierge. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Our daughter came for a visit and we had some fine adventures together with the kids and her DH. I dropped her off at the Portland Airport yesterday and got a call when she arrived in Illinois. She had to get back to work. The kids and their dad are driving the RV eastward. They will pick up Grandma Pat and Grandpa Lee and heading home to Illinois. It was a delight to see the kids. Our granddaughter, Hazel, may grow up to rule the world. She is a very organized ten-year old girl.

I am looking forward to yoga this morning.

Katla in overcast NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,637 Member
    edited June 2021
    Well back from cardiologist, dont have to go for 6 months.. and he cut one of my meds in half,he said that could be one if the problems with my eyes but he doubts it,he thought it was disgraceful that I had to wait until September for an appointment, will call other drs office in a day or 2.
    Horrible sleep last night ,Cardiologist said i need to lose weight ,well i know that,i have to just knuckle down and do it..
    Spoke to my brother this morning.. think he might have covid.. temp,sore throat,nauseous and feels like c--p.neither Sean or Jean have had there vaccination and her 87 yr old.mother is in the house with them.he said if he isnt better tomorrow he will call the dr..glad i havent seen him in weeks and i wont see him till he is well and if it is covid at least 2 weeks after that..
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Did a body pump DVD today then took a walk. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Peak 10 Cardio Interval DVD

Counted the donations at the church now plan to go in the pool

Julie– you did great on your eating! Weird people! Guess it takes all types to make up the world

Lisa – Levi is so adorable

Rebecca – happy birthday!

Counted the money at the church then went in the pool. I tell you, the lady who I count with in June used to work for a bank and she seems to do things excessively, which takes longer. Like she wanted to wrap up all the money in bundles of $100. That wouldn’t be a problem only, of course, when we take the deposit to the bank they have to take the bands off the money anyway to count it. So why should we go thru all the work? I don’t think we did the previous year. Then I went in the pool, will probably go for a walk now since it isn’t humid out.

Wednesday here: Did Cathe Friedrich Cross Fire DVD then went for a walk. Work tomorrow so no formal exercise

Karen VA – good luck on the move. This is a sellers market so you shouldn’t have any problem selling your houses. A friend of mine put her house on the market at 7 in the morning. By 5 that night she had two CASH offers, ABOVE asking price. The house across the street from us sold in about 2 days. There is no way on this green earth that house is worth as much as they got for it. I almost died when I found out what they were asking and then they got full price.

Heather – Jess and Vince laugh at me when I store my containers with the lids on. They constantly tell me how much more efficient it is to store them separately not to mention how much room it saves. Yet, they are glad when they don’t have to search for a lid that fits. Only they’d never mention it to me

Allie – what kind of eye episodes did you have? So glad to hear things went fairly well at the cardiologist

Flea – sending a REALLY big hug

Will get dinner ready and then probably in the pool. Ceramics tonight.

Michele NC