WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2021

Options

Replies

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,784 Member
    Options
    Ginger--You sure have a lot going on, remember to take some deep breaths and take care of you. I also enjoy seeing your accountability, lets me know I am not a lone. <3

what do I do for fun-Ride motorcycles with DH, sit and knit or reading. do I have time for fun-not as much as I would like.

Tracey--Prayer sent that the money is where it should be on Friday.

Another HOT day and I am glad I am off after 4pm for the next 3 days. Going to teach Sunday school for the first time this week. 5-12 year olds. Going to be an learning experience for all of us.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Well the dogs are fed and have had treats,im sure they will beg for more lol
    Picked Dan up and he has my car overnight which is fine..
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Worked today so no formal exercise. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Peak 10 More Cardio DVD.

Work: basically, I clean the front end, the registers and so on. For some reason, this lady who hires etc. seems to think that twice a week it would take me 4 hours. I’ve actually gotten it down to 2 hours. Another manager told her “I saw her working, it can be done as long as you keep up with it”. I’ve shown her what I do and asked if there was anything else I should be doing. Honestly, at this point I think she’s getting nit-pickey so I won’t ask her any more. Afterwards, I usually ask the store manager where he’d like me to go. I was told not to ask another employee because they will have me do their job and then stand around and do nothing, which makes sense. The other day, I asked the store manager where he’d like me and he told me to ask the woman who does the hiring, so I did. Everything she asked if I did, I already did. I actually had to suggest to her that I help stock the shelves. That’s what I usually do after the cleaning. I’m thinking that I can even get it down to 1-1/2 hr. Once you get your routine and keep up with it, it really doesn’t take that long. It was a bit disheartening to be told that I’m doing it because no one else wanted to do it. I really enjoyed helping the customer and just being pleasant, I find I’m not enjoying this as much. She’s reduced my days AND hours. There’s this new guy who works on the front end helping customers, etc getting the carts, that sort of thing. He seems to be really nice. I do hope that he stays. The other guy they have, I’m not crazy about. He NEVER says “good morning” or anything to me until I say it to him. He doesn’t say “good morning” to a customer. It’s like he’s just there to do his job and that’s it. If I’m near where the customers come in, I always say “good morning” or “have a nice day”. Well, that’s just me.

Barbie – how wonderful of you being able to teach!

Kate UK – feel better fast. Hope the consultant can help you

Terri – lovely flower and I love the vase.

Debbie – love the dust bunnies killing the cleaning….lol

Went in the pool. The new puzzle for Vince came so I’ll probably get started on that. I’m thinking that after dinner I’ll take a walk around the block and then put my feet in the spa while playing mahjongg. That seems to be my latest thing

Michele NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 42min 2sec, 37elev, 85ahr, 98mhr, 5.38mi= 482c
    Strava app = 652c
    Zwift home spin bike- 19.24min, 264elev, 133ahr, 157mhr, 132aw, 64arpm, 19-35lvl, 6.06mi= 286c
    Zwift app = 147c
    Walk to gym- 11.06min, .52mi= 49c
    Treadmill jog- 15min, 5.5-5.8sp, 136ahr, 157mhr, 10.87min mi, 1.38mi= 158c
    Arm Spin Machine- 20min, 99ahr, 122mhr, 25aw, lvl4, 2.84mi= 151c
    Walk to store, nails, store n home- 37.41min, 1.49mi= 191c
    Strava app = 181c
    Walk to store n bk- 15.07min, .65mi= 85mi
    Strava app = 80c

Total cal 1402
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Boob smash today.

First 3-D.

Karen in Virginia

I must have always had 3D, because the process has been exactly the same since I started getting them 10+ years ago. It's always been and still is incredibly unpleasant.

Tina
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    B)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    Qqqq
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Pip – how wonderful to have your mom and Kirby’s birthdays together!!!

You know that if a man had to get a squeeze, the machine wouldn’t hurt

Got almost all of the border for Vince's puzzle done. Went out by the pool earlier and played mahjongg. The landscape lights coming on signal to me when it's time to come inside.

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Allie: Happy to hear that your dogs are having treats. :star:

Michele: I am amazed at all that you do. WTG!!! :flowerforyou:

Karen: Boob smashes are nobody’s idea of fun. I’m glad it is over and done for today. :star:

Pip: Happy Birthday for mm!!! :heart:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon :star:

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    June is shaping up to be a busy month

• Pilates - about once a week.
    • Audax meetings - that's the long distance cycling club I'm a part of.
    • Designing another 50 km route for Audax. This one needs to be in southern Tasmania which is challenging.
    • Cycle a 50 km route. Plus shorter rides.
    • Run at least one 5 km distance.
    • Plant bulbs. I've got to get these things in or it will be spring with no flowers!
    • All-day work meeting tomorrow. :neutral:
    • A week off next week - some rest time, I hope! And cycling. I booked this week off to ward off the darkness. :)
    • Back to school! I'm taking a 5 week course called 'Understanding Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)' . It's all online and work-at-our-own-pace with no formal assignments, exams, etc.
    • Bees! My husband and I are booked for a course to build a Warre Hive at the end of June.
    • Plus, of course, my 2021 To Do List: getting organise, simplifying, etc. I've got 4 projects on the go right now and I "switch-task" between them.

That's all in addition to work and caring for my husband. :)

EDIT: Also ... the stair climbing challenge at work is to reach the height of Mount Ossa, the tallest mountain in Tasmania (1617 metres = 450 floors * 20 stairs/floor).

It is about noon on June 1 and I've done 20 floors so far. I've got a way to go. :)

Done:
    • Attended first Pilates class of June.
    • Ran Audax Tasmania AGM.
    • Planted bulbs. Ran out. That's OK. Stores don't have bulbs anymore.
    • Attended the all day meeting at work on Wednesday.
    • Started week off!
    • Started climbing stairs toward the elevation of Mount Ossa. I've done 90 of the 450 flights.
    • Finished with the Audax meetings.
    • Started short course.
    • Still enjoying time off.

It's been "all go" here this week.
    • Returned home from holiday.
    • Heaps of laundry & unpacking.
    • 3 days of work.
    • 98 flights of stairs in those 3 days ... I'm getting toward halfway. :smiley:
    • Pilates, again.
    • Rental agency organised for someone to come and replace our back door ... it was kind of rotting away. Now we've got a new solid one with no window.
    • Filled in forms for the Carer organisation - she emailed them rather than going through it all over the phone

Today, I took my husband for his first Pfizer vaccine. :)

Then I attended a work meeting via Teams.

Groceries will arrive later this afternoon.

And now I've got a list of things I want to do with my day off including doing Module 2 of my course.

:):relaxed::grin::smile: :smiley::relieved::sweat_smile::sunglasses::tongue: :yum:

Machka in Oz
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    Options
    was a HOT day here- 99 at 5:30PM, it was 111 up at mom's today. Hoping it cools off a lot before this weekend- we need to get the garden planted.

Went and picked plums off MIL's tree- son was supposed to but he was in bed sleeping all day-think he had a migraine again. Picking them is not a big deal but having to listen to her is what is hard to deal with. That is another reason my son doesn't like going over there to help her.
    Constantly standing under the tree while I am on the ladder picking the fruit, fruit falling. surprised she didn't get hit in the head(she gets in the way when he is doing the hedges, decides that is the moment to pull the weeds under the hedge that he is cutting, reaching down and almost getting cut- makes him anxious.
    Talking about cutting the tree down because she doesn't like sharing the fruit and that the birds are eating a few- She is CRAZY.

It is cooling down now 79 at 10PM

Need to go pick my raspberries first thing in the morning before it warms up too much- taking them to share with mom(along with some apricots), mom's favorite-

Have a great weekend ladies.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Learning to thread and put the bobbin in the new Singer I finally unboxed. It is so much more complicated than my Singer I used for almost 50 years. Have up loaded the manual and watched two different Youtube tutorials.

Carol in GA

I had to watch a few videos too to learn how to use my new machine. Especially the needle threader. My original one I got as my graduation present from my parents- a Singer- 41yrs ago this week ;)

Enjoy your new machine.

Debbie
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    summery weather here.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Yesterday my brother and his wife were here and we had a wonderful time catching up. The weather wasn't the greatest, but we got a 5k walk in along the seafront. Chat, chat, chat all day.
    In the evening we walked to the Persian restaurant. It was as good as ever. :D I love it when they have a birthday in there, with the music, the clapping and the fountain candle. We were lucky last night. :p
    Ate too much, drank too much, well over calories, but we had a great time. First night out in 17 months.

Making bagels, scrambled eggs and smoked salmon for breakfast in an hour. >:)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx