WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2021

Replies

• dgarlick1
    dgarlick1 Posts: 29 Member
    Late start this morning, it is almost noon!! 😊 Try to split all the housework up between the days of the week, gone are the days of cleaning the whole house from top to bottom in one day! Working on the household budget, usually do one for three months and preparing for several birthdays coming up. I print Hallmark cards and usually send them with a gift card. Got some exercising in today and do 5 just squats with an exercise ball for maintenance purposes to keep my hips strong due to sciatic nerve issues, it does help!!
    Wishing everyone a very healthy and happy day today!!
    a3rvrxf7ph1x.jpg
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Yoga today!😊 I look forward to it for the exercise and friendship. Many of us have been taking yoga together for a very long while, excluding the Covid lockdown. <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,925 Member
    woke up early, in time to see son off to work. Wont see him again until Tuesday night(I will be at mom's this evening before he gets home from work, actually will pass him on the freeway most likely, then won't be home until right after he leaves for work Tuesday morning, again, most likely passing him on the freeway).
    Beings I was wide awake, got up and went out and picked the raspberries I want to give to mom, got water going on them now- they are a bit small but taste great. I also have some apricots in the fridge to take up. I was worried they wouldn't last but even the ones I have on the counter that I keep snacking on are still really good. She will be thrilled.
    Got my stuff packed so I can just head up as soon as Ezie goes home.
    Cooked two corned beef last night-need to slice them up(pulling down the heavy meat slicer is a pain but worth it when the meat is cut so perfectly) so I can take some up for her and I to enjoy on some nice rye bread we will pick up at the food program in the morning- they always have such great bread, especially ones from the local bakery. I don't eat much bread but I will enjoy a slice or two of theirs.
    If you ever watch Guy's Grocery Games on Food Network- you will ALWAYS see their bread-fun to see it- Costeaux. It has been there since I was a kid- site says it was started in 1923

Not sure how much garden we will get planted this weekend- supposed to have others coming to help. Will be rough to plant an acre with just her and I and have to deal with the heat(not supposed to be quite as warm but we will deal with it. Food program early in the morning(up by 5), church Sunday morning then going to go see my aunt for a little visit. Monday is the memorial service for best friend's mom(my "other mom"). We will garden in between all that, then head home early on Tuesday morning. I am sure I will bring home a few more plants for my garden-need to double check and see if I have any spots.

Tip for gardeners- if you want to plant some spices, check at the ethnic stores and see if they are selling the seeds as spices- I got fennel and coriander for about $1 and it has tons of seeds. Coriander is the seeds from cilentro which I LOVE. Have never tried fennel so not sure what I will do with it. Dill seeds will work too but I have tons from last year at mom's. I need to try caraway- see what type of a plant that makes. For just over $1 I will try them all- only need a little and can use the rest for cooking/baking.

It isn't supposed to be as warm the rest of the weekend, compared to yesterday, but still going to be warm. Need to pack some sun screen for sure.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA (will be in beautiful Alexander Valley in a few hours)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,427 Member
    edited June 2021
    Heather, sorry about what your DSIL is having to endure. Do you remember when I lived on the Oregon coast and had had apartment neighbor Prudence? She was like that 78 year old mother. Driving, but getting into accidents. Her dog even jumped out of the window once, poor thing was alright, but still. Finally it got to the point that she had to go to court, (I volunteered to drive her), and her drivers license was taken away and a payment plan set in place to pay for some damages she caused with her fender bender. She had no insurance (go figure, no insurance company would take her, without charging a bundle). I never knew what happened to her once we moved. Hope she went to a facility like she was trying to get into. There was a waiting list, but she could bring her Annabelle dog with her.
    Great photo of the 3 of you. Hope husbands tooth issues get resolved.😕
    Rebecca💖
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    B)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,183 Member
    Rebecca - Yes, I remember. :'( It's so hard to remember that it's the disease not the person. Very sad all round. I find it interesting that Alzheimers seems to magnify the personality you had already and might have been repressed. She used to be very high up in old people's services and was very helpful with my mum. But she can't see what is happening to her. Just paranoid, forgetful, hallucinating and vengeful.
    In some ways one hopes that it gets worse quickly,so that the authorities have to step in. She won't listen to anyone.

Glad it's not my problem. :#

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,491 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 34min 48sec, 157elev, 3.08ap, 84ahr, 104mhr, 8.09mi= 747c
    Strava app = 981c
    Zwift home spin bike- 18.22min, 313elev, 121aw, 65arpm, 114ahr, 18-35sp, 153mhr, 16.50amph, 5.05mi= 212c
    Zwift app = 128c
    Walk to gym- 11.05min, .52mi= 50c
    Treadmill jog- 15min, 5.6sp, 127ahr, 171mhr, 10.79min mi, 1.39mi= 150c
    Other - 5min, crunch knee to waist, 4sts of 10 ea= 27c
    Other- 3.46min, standing ab crunches, 25# 5 sets of 10 ea, = 22c
    Arm Spin Machine- 5min, 45aw, 104ahr, 121mhr, .65mi= 41c
    Walk from gym to store to home- 17.06min, .80mi= 92c
    Strava app = 98c

Total cal 1341
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Ah, pretty much done with my morning stuff... finished writing one of the two remaining articles, and a good start on the other one, baked three dozen chocolate chip cookies, three dozen cinnamon rolls, three dozen slider buns... and am heartily sick of my kitchen. All that's left is to ice the cinnamon rolls, and that will be first thing tomorrow morning, most likely. Takes moments to make cream cheese icing.

Kitchen's cleaned up, all the dishes I dirtied swooshing in the dishwasher. Time for me to rest for a bit. It's been nice to have energy today... but I can feel it starting to wane. Which is kind of my normal, actually. Lots of energy in the morning, somnolent afternoons. Should have been born in the land of the siestas, I guess.

One thing about baking - sugar holds no fascination for my usually demanding sweet tooth when I'm baking. The smells pall after a while.

Later, y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Good luck on your sales tomorrow
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,326 Member
    Did a Peak 10 Cardio Strength DVD today then went for my aerobic walk. Around the block is about 1-1/5 miles and it usually takes me about 35 minutes. Is that a good time? The plan for tomorrow is to do another Peak 10 DVD

Now making meatloaves for us to have later in the week. Soup kitchen and then Green Room. It’s a beautiful day so afterwards I will probably go in the pool for a bit.

We understand (from weather.com) that Iowa was 101 yesterday. To think...warmer than us. Let’s just hope this doesn’t mean they have a real cold winter. I’m hoping to go out there for Thanksgiving. Jess has asked if we’d like to have Christmas then since she can’t come home this year

I still have the Singer sewing machine that Vince got me when we were first married over 40 years ago. MIL figured out for me how to thread it

Terri – why am I not surprised that that vase is Waterford?

Barbie – good thoughts for Jake

Volunteer at the soup kitchen then the Green Room. When I got home, Vince had some news for me. Seems when he went to put Rover (robotic cleaner) into the pool there was a “critter” in the pool…..and it was black and white! Well, he got it out of the pool but it’s by the pool right now. He thought that was the worst that could happen. Nope. As he was googling info about getting a skunk out of a swimming pool, there was a missed call from the manager of the condo. Seems that our door is rotting out and has to be replaced. Water was leaking down into the condo below us. What they’ve done right now is put some polymer (or something like that) on the door just so that water doesn’t go into the condo below us. So we have to get the door replaced and the screen door. The condo above us replaced their door and the cost was $2700.00. We’re not sure if this includes the cost of the storm door or not.

Vince spoke to Jess. Did you know that a skunk with one stripe down it’s back is a female and two stripes is a male? Did you care? He did say that she sent in the $$ for the licensing exam, she’s not sure where she has to take it. But, and we thought this interesting, she sent $$ to Raleigh to be licensed in NC. Right now she’s doing large animal ICU and next she’s doing, I think it’s called, PT; where basically you do what a family vet does. Ear mites, ear infections, vaccinations, routine stuff.

Barbara – I didn’t think the 3D mammo hurt as much as the 2D

They had DiGorno pizza today at the soup kitchen. I really wanted to try some but didn’t. Also, I kept looking at the cheese in the salad (I swear I’m addicted to cheese) but didn’t have any, just 3 bottles of water. Yea me!

Michele NC
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,807 Member
    B)
  • Katla49
    <3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    B)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,674 Member
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,491 Member
    🐕‍🦺
  • Katla49
    edited June 2021
    Rebecca: I remember your days on the Oregon coast, too. I also remember your many kindnesses toward your neighbor there. :star:

Lisa: I hope you have a great time selling your sweeties
    WTG? :star Heather :star:

I am ready to rest. Have a good evening. :star:

Katla