Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Success Stories
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Ive lost over 100lbs! 270lbs-170lbs

djyoesdjyoes Member, Premium Posts: 8 Member Member, Premium Posts: 8 Member
I started last year around June at over 270lbs and now weigh 169lbs. I'm 5'10" and work in IT and sit for long periods of time. I lost weight by walking, getting a Garmin watch to count my steps and challenge others, and logging my food into myfitnesspal. People often asked me how I have lost so much and I simply tell this, Eating right, exercising, and being persistent. 4s7ldovenhlx.png
Ive included a pic of me at 240lbs from 2017 next to me now at 170lbs. I dont have any pics of me at 270 because I was camera shy.

edited June 7

Replies

• vxcrossvxcross Member Posts: 4 Member Member Posts: 4 Member
    that's awesome, good for you!! :)
  • OnceAndFutureAthleteOnceAndFutureAthlete Member Posts: 135 Member Member Posts: 135 Member
    Looks good on you!!!
    I bet your body thanks you, too.

Well done!
    And congrats on your hard work - and results!
  • alisampmalisampm Member Posts: 167 Member Member Posts: 167 Member
    Awesome job!
  • jma13jma13 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    Congrats! :) Keep it up! Inspire me to do the same.
  • Hollis100Hollis100 Member Posts: 1,295 Member Member Posts: 1,295 Member
    Fantastic, you look wonderful. A great achievement!
  • TheWaistBasketTheWaistBasket Member Posts: 44 Member Member Posts: 44 Member
    What a transformation. A long way to go for me. It's possible. Thank you for sharing your success.
  • GoodgollygeeGoodgollygee Member Posts: 20 Member Member Posts: 20 Member
    Good for you!!! Fantastic!!! Keep going!! I am new here. I just joined here and you have already given me hope. I have a long way to go too! So glad for you!!
  • saramelie77saramelie77 Member Posts: 49 Member Member Posts: 49 Member
  • mrsbusy2003mrsbusy2003 Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
    This is fantastic. Bet you feel a whole lot better. You should be very proud of what you've achieved. Well done!
    edited June 7
  • Sailor555Sailor555 Member, Premium Posts: 43 Member Member, Premium Posts: 43 Member
    Great comparison face photos. You look great, and sound like you feel good too. Very inspiring for the rest of us! Congratulations on your hard work paying off. What an achievement!
  • dsclowdsclow Member, Premium Posts: 5 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5 Member
    Excellent job. My goal weight is the same and we are the same height. You give me encouragement by your example.
  • Miryam2017Miryam2017 Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    Well done! Hopefully, you will inspire many people to follow your simple yet effective plan. The portraits are amazing evidence.
  • antnygirl716antnygirl716 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    Wow! Fantastic!
  • RandyamcRandyamc Member, Premium Posts: 365 Member Member, Premium Posts: 365 Member
    Very impressive!
  • christabeltoriachristabeltoria Member Posts: 129 Member Member Posts: 129 Member
    Inspiring!
  • durhammfpdurhammfp Member Posts: 488 Member Member Posts: 488 Member
    Wow. That's a great achievement.
    edited June 7
  • LydiaMcMillan1946LydiaMcMillan1946 Member, Premium Posts: 4 Member Member, Premium Posts: 4 Member
    Wow!! you married? LOL
  • supercpa999supercpa999 Member, Premium Posts: 344 Member Member, Premium Posts: 344 Member
    @djyoes
    Incredible job!!!!
  • 142jmh142jmh Member Posts: 78 Member Member Posts: 78 Member
    Awesome approach and awesome results! Congrats on all your hard work and commitment paying off!