Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 153

Replies

• musicsax
    musicsax Posts: 4,228 Member
    @Chalmation - yes, my old bad habits are always close at hand too, I have to keep them at bay!!
  • _JeffreyD_
    _JeffreyD_ Posts: 1,722 Member
    @_JeffreyD_ Reunions are the BEST and the WORST! My DH’s family used to have one every summer around the 4th of July but since there is only 1 of my MIL’s siblings left and COVID last year, we have heard nothing. The younger generations are too busy. It’s sad. I miss seeing the families getting together. That said, our own family (2 daughters, spouses and kids) all got together on Memorial weekend for the first time in 13 years! It was WONDERFUL!

:)
  • chublet25
    chublet25 Posts: 833 Member
    edited June 2021
    chublet25 wrote: »
    heaviest weight: 225 pounds (Mar 23, 2021)
    current weight: 186.5
    goal weight: 130

weight lost
    round 150: 3.0
    round 151: 3.0
    round 152: 3.0

goal for round 153 is 2.5 pounds (looking for 184 on the scales)

6/11: 186.0
    6/12: 185.0
    6/13: 185
    6/14: 184.5

6/15: 184 (went for a walk without the dogs yesterday, since it was very hot, too hot for the black chiweenie and the blonde and white girl seems to have a bit of a limp, so I thought I'd give her the day off. She's still tearing around and I can't find anything specific wrong with that foot or leg, so I am massaging it (she enjoys that because she's a big sookie). Found a little gooseberry bush to dig up this fall, and managed to pick up 28 (I am not making that up) ticks all on my own. Also started week 3 of c25k, where one has to "run" for 3 minutes straight for the first time, three times. I thought this would kill me but it wasn't too bad. The third round of a 3-minute jog was definitely harder than the first though! Giving myself the day off today and just going on short dog walks, as it's going to start raining soon and I am just plain tired!)

With all these ticks, do you wear long pants and sleeves so the ticks are not latching onto you? Ticks give me the creepy crawlies especially with the deer ticks we have in Massachusetts. I would be so worried about the yuck/illness that can come along with ticks.

Oh yes, long light coloured trousers, socks up over the ends of them, long sleeves and a bug jacket, always with the hood up when I go through wooded areas. The only thing I can catch from ticks here is Lyme disease and they have to latch on for a while to transmit that, so I'm trying not to worry about it. It's dog ticks here. The dogs are on meds now and the ticks are leaving them alone (all the more for me!) I used to scream frantically when I found a tick on me, but I've become desensitized and a regular Crocodile Dundee at detecting and killing them. But I am too addicted to walking in the woods to give it up!